• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

This Jaded Flesh
SILVER Member since Oct 2009

This Jaded Flesh

One soul is as good as another...

Total posts: 323
Posted:Come play! We can make a HoP Clan and be all sangerine or whatever it's called.

- Blood Wars -

"I may lack virtue, but I'm penitent"

Delete Topic

JaredW

JaredW

enthusiast

Total posts: 375
Posted:Made a character. Don't see a sangerine clan, there is a Sanguine, but didn't see you in it. Is that the right clan?

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Oh I havent set one up yet lol Sanguines the word I was lookin for. Means vampire I think, or culture built around them. Have to be level 15 to start a clan and I'm only... 7 if I remeber correctly.

Delete

Seaspray

Seaspray

stranger by the day

Total posts: 924
Posted:Sang is blood in french and exsanguinate means to drain all the blood out of a body (folk lore tip, apparently this can kill Vamps). Never been sure how Sanguine ties is but I know it's something bloody

Just a dancer in the dark

Delete

JaredW

JaredW

enthusiast

Posted:Actually doesn't mean vampire, and there's already two clans with sanguine in the name.

Believe the word your actually looking for is sanguinary. Sounds similar but most cultures use hopeful or cheerful as the definition of sanguine, where sanguinary for some reason has evolved more down the blood definition, now meaning 'bloodthirsty'. There is also ensanguine, meaning to stain with, or impart the color of, blood.

Zoe: "You sanguine about the kind of reception we're apt to receive on an Alliance ship, Cap'n?"

Mal: "Absolutely." "What's 'sanguine' mean?"

Zoe: " 'Sanguine'. Hopeful. Plus -- point of interest -- it also means 'bloody'."

Mal: "Well, that pretty much covers all the options, don't it?"

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Well it's good to know ^^b

Delete

JaredW

JaredW

enthusiast

Posted:Here we go, found this on the history of the word:

The similarity in form between sanguine, "cheerfully optimistic," and sanguinary, "bloodthirsty," may prompt one to wonder how they have come to have such different meanings. The explanation lies in medieval physiology with its notion of the four humors or bodily fluids (blood, bile, phlegm, and black bile). The relative proportions of these fluids was thought to determine a person's temperament. If blood was the predominant humor, one had a ruddy face and a disposition marked by courage, hope, and a readiness to fall in love. Such a temperament was called sanguine, the Middle English ancestor of our word sanguine. The source of the Middle English word was Old French sanguin, itself from Latin sanguineus. Both the Old French and Latin words meant "bloody," "blood-colored," Old French sanguin having the sense "sanguine in temperament" as well. Latin sanguineus was in turn derived from sanguis, "blood," just as English sanguinary is. The English adjective sanguine, first recorded in Middle English before 1350, continues to refer to the cheerfulness and optimism that accompanied a sanguine temperament but no longer has any direct reference to medieval physiology.

Delete

JaredW

JaredW

enthusiast

Posted:Added you on my friends list, my vamp is Zakien.
Also, I could use a vassal too, http://r1.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=67958

Delete

This Jaded Flesh

This Jaded Flesh

Posted:Awesome your on mine ^^b Let's take this place over!

Delete