Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Southern Lights Circus and Street Arts Festival 2010

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
mattbassmanSILVER Member
Southern Lights Whore
51 posts

Posted:
Ok guys, here we go...

The dates are 11th - 13th June and it will be in lovely Kimmeridge again.

We are starting to put everything together for next year and as this is a community event, we want you, the community to give your input as to what you would like to see there.

Things like, who would you like to teach workshops? Which superstar juggler should we get? Wes again or someone else?

We'll have to set an "idea" deadline of January 31st to give us enough time so please get us your suggestions before then.

Tickets will be on sale via SOUTHERN LIGHTS

More updates can be followed via FACEBOOK And TWITTER

Photo's of SL09 can be found here: FLICKR

Happy Winter

The SL10 crew

mattbassmanSILVER Member
Southern Lights Whore
51 posts

Posted:
Southern Lights Festival are pleased to make several announcements:

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCH please check back frequently as this will be updated regularly.

TICKETS ON SALE NOW is fairly self explanatory but it is important to point out that we only advertise to the community until March 1st. We offer a 15% discount until this date. If you are in a Juggling Club or Society then get your tickets before this date as we don't offer any group/club/society/other discounts after this date and there will be NO exceptions.

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE now up and running (Just search Southern Lights 2010)

JUGGLING.TV VIDEO of SL09 is now up so go look (and includes Wes's 6 fire clubs!)

TWITTER updates for the twits “Southern_Lights”

Lastly we are pleased to announce that our circus traders this year will be FIRETOYS who will have masses of top gear for you to play with and it will also be a chance to talk to them about any custom props you would like to see on the market.

Many thanks and see you in June

Any questions please call 07880 626155

www.southernlightsfestival.co.uk

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
WORKSHOPS

Anyone who is willing / wants to run a workshop at Southern Lights this year, please PM me on here with your E-mail address.
Please also give me a basic outline for your workshop, i.e:

Prop - Double staffs
Level - Anyone with basic doubles ability
Skills - Various Anti-spin moves icluding flowers, trammels and turning with antispin
Requirements - 2 staffs the same size (limited props may be available please bring your own)

And if possible a note about the time / day you would prefer (for people arriving late or leaving early mostly)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
EARLY BIRD TICKETS END MARCH 1st

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:

nice to see the south still rocks smile smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
WTF - who are you! wink Mods, Durbs, anyone - strugz account appears to have a life of it's own laugh3

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
eek

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
lol

My account works fine - surprised after all the dust i had to clean off it!

This place has changed some! - for the better i think smile

Ill be seeing you all this year - maybe with a weeny me! hehe

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Whooty McNorris.
Hopefully I'll be there if I start saving up. smile

Nice to see you again Strugz. hug

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Will this be the year STRUGZ returns?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
lol

dude - i never really left wink

just taken a sabbatical lol

My stix are still firmly in my hand........ and for all you perverts (durbs) no pun intended

hug

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Will be good to see you dude, if you want to catch up let me know I still live quite close to you don't I wink

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
beee in touch very soon - be good to have a catch up! smile

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
********HEADLINE ANNOUNCMENTS COMING SOON**********

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
*takes front seat to hear the announcement clearly* smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

mattbassmanSILVER Member
Southern Lights Whore
51 posts

Posted:
There is slightly less than 2 weeks to go before the early bird discount expires so anyone wishing to save some £££, get your tickets by March 1st.
We are very pleased to announce some of our acts confirmed for SL10. We have tried to source acts across Europe to come and share their skills with the UK community.

Firstly, our juggler this year is the amazing François Bouille. Anyone lucky enough to see him perform at last years EJC will be very pleased to see him on the field and he has also never performed in the UK. Here's what Luke Burrage had to say about his EJC show

“But the highlight for most people (myself included) was the act by François. He did “experimental” juggling with three planks of wood and three white clubs. Just as the act began to lull, one of his plank sculptures wouldn’t stand up on its own. To remedy this situation, he invited a small boy up on stage with him to hold the planks in place. Pablo, as was the boy’s name, completely stole the show, continually experimenting with the balance and placement of the planks himself, distracting the audience from François’ juggling. At one point François did a really cool trick, just as Pablo got the planks to balance, and the two halves of the audience both cheered at the same time. Another time (or maybe the same time, I can’t remember) Pablo did something so funny Pola spat her beer down my back. Quite disgusting, yes, but also quite memorable “

Next, our headline fire show...

We are very pleased to confirm that Thomas 'Nevisoul' will be returning and this time he´s bringing and performing with the group LOOOOP from Berlin.

Those of you that saw Thomas last year will know how mind blowing his performances are and we are very pleased to welcome LOOOOP featuring Thomas to Southern Lights who will also be performing in the UK for the first time. Here is a link to LOOOOP´s latest video featuring François and Thomas, hope it get you into the right mood.

There will be much more in the way of street shows and we are pleased to announce Rob Roy Collins who will not only be performing his show but will also be giving a seminar as a street performer.

www.robroycollins.com

Plus the infamous Two Man Tent Show return with a brand new show for 2010. Expect exciting circus tricks, suspense, witty banter and surreal humour.

www.twomantentshow.com

And lastly in this long list of currently confirmed artists is our local favourite Okey Dokey The Dragon. Very much a street performer who works on two levels loved by kids and adults alike.

www.okeydokeyentertainment.co.uk

If any of you would like the opportunity to perform your own street show at Southern Lights, please get in touch ASAP as we still have some pitches available and you will get your show professionally filmed, photographed plus a reference to go out and promote yourself.

Any questions, please get in touch in the usual way.

Many thanks

The Southern Lights Team

11th - 13th June 2010

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
1 month left if you want to apply to crew at southern Lights this year I still have room for a few more applicants so don't feel shy.

Also another call for anyone interested in teaching a workshop drop me a PM with your E-mail address on here.

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Are we there yet!!!?? bounce2

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
laugh3 Nearly wink day 1 = 11 weeks away that's 77 days, 1848 hours, which sounds a lot closer actually.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
OK people anyone who wants to crew at Southern Lights this year please drop me a PM on here or an E-mail to lee(at)flamefireshows.com

1 WEEK LEFT FOR CREW APPLICATIONS closing date for application forms is 15/04/10 (Next Thursday)

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Just a little reminder to all those who 100% plan on coming. We are now in our 4th year and still operating at 500 people, please dont leave it till the week before to buy you ticket if you plan on attending :-)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Crew applications are now closed and the responses to applications have been sent out (succesful or not). I'd like to thank everyone who applied, the number and level of the applications this year was even bigger than last year so it was a very hard decision, thank you all for your interest and enthusiasm.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Do you have a photographer? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
Hey Vixen,

Thanks for the enquiry, unfortuntley we already have a photographer ...... if your coming down introduce yourselves to the team and show us your work ........ there is always 2011 :-)

Live_in_a_spinBRONZE Member
Dude where's my Poi?
383 posts

Posted:
Just got me self a ticket!

Live life in a spin!!!
but if you fall don't come crying to me!!!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I know Vixen Simon, and I have nothing but good things to say about her, and her work.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
you might´ve noticed i didnt apply, thanks for the suggestion though, it looks like we´ll be in eastern europe at the time instead smile

have a fun festival!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
No worries dude wink

Just a quick announcement of some of the workshops on offer this year:

We have:-
Juggling and Routine workshops with Francois Bouille
Hooping workshops with safire
Poi workshops with G and Thomas Nevisoul
Contact staff (including leg and feet) workshops with Chazz
Contact ball workshops with Chris Brown
Epic Diabolo workshops with Crackers
as well as some more unique workshops that can't be advertised before 9pm wink

Tickets are selling faster than ever so don't leave it late!

sichaineyBRONZE Member
enthusiast
242 posts

Posted:
****** ONE MONTH TO GO, TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE*******

Please dont leave it till the week before as we are expecting a sell out this year, for those who attended last year you will know why!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Also For those who may be interested in leading a workshop, we have a few spaces left so don't be shy.

devkevSILVER Member
discoverer of phat and poigling
292 posts

Posted:
the spinning@ chill out space will be there again this year, loads of games, ballons and generall silliness to be had...

see you there.................

its all about the fun fun fun fun and more fun...

Page: