Kendall SilverBRONZE Member
Nightblade
3 posts

Posted:
So I've been spinning with a 6ft rattan staff for years now, nothing special just messing around and for a bit of a work out. Now I'm interested in adding fire and truly learning what I'm doing. My question is; Is a 6ft staff too long for fire spinning?
Most of the ones available are around 4ft and most of the tutorials say to use a short one, should I just try the longer one because I'm already comfortable with it or should I try to adjust to a shorter one? Thanks for any advice you may have.

Tyler Durden: First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.
-Fight Club

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
how tall are you? A 6 foot staff will work fine it might just limit some of the things you can do. plus once you get the wicks on there it will be heavier then the rattan staff.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Kendall SilverBRONZE Member
Nightblade
3 posts

Posted:
I'm 6"1' ... I've been thinking about it a lot today and I think I may try to find a decent 5" staff to work with. Weight is not an issue for me. When I started I had a 7" oak closet rod covered in duct tape, it was HEAVY. In fact switching to the rattan was strange at first, not as much weight and all.

Tyler Durden: First you have to give up, first you have to *know*... not fear... *know*... that someday you're gonna die.
-Fight Club

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
5 feet is a good size, you can do pretty much anything that isn't inside plane with single staff.