Forums > Other Toys > Henry's Nite Flite torches review

Login/Join to Participate

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone.

Been a long time since I have been on HoP. It's nice to be back.

I recently got a a set of Nite Flites so I thought I would say a thing or two about them.

Firstly, I think they are delightful toys. They are pretty, durable and are not much harder at all on the hands for the sake of the metal required in the construction. In regards to how they juggle, they are only about 25 grams heavier than say a PX3 trainer club so the weight difference is negligible. and the centre of gravity is much like that of a club with a short bell and long handle which makes is superb for flourishes and spin tricks, plus it gives them a nice fast spin. the lack of a larger club type body also cuts down on wind resistance.

These torches don't have those flexible rubber cores that people favour so well these day but don't be discouraged, as I said earlier they are not hard on the hands.

The only thing that I worry about is the small screws holding the metal plate to the handle (the plate which houses the aluminium/wood tube with the fire head) after about a week of use I noticed that they had come a little loose on one torches resulting in the aluminium/wood cylinder to move ever so slightly. Tightening them fixed it up, but from then on they have had a tendency to loosen slightly after a solid day juggling. A multi-tool in your bag will make this a non-issue though. Just consider it regular maintenance.

Anyhow. I give these toys my tick of approval as they are just as good to juggle as any other regular club I have used. Henry's make GOOD products. And I won't be laughed at here of all places for saying that fire just makes everything more fun!

Love and lollypops - Dok

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

DoktorSkellSILVER Member
addict
475 posts

Posted:
Just a note for people who havent juggled torches before.

It's best to juggle these during twilight. Juggling fire in the dark is difficult because the fire drowns out the rest of the torch and makes it very difficult to see

Fair luna bright, fair luna moon
it shines at night but fades too soon
fair luna moon, fair luna bright
forever we dance
we dance under starlight

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
^^ yeah I agree - juggling torches at night is more of a feeling thing than a seeing thing - you have to have your tricks really solid to pull them off at night. I consider passing at night with torches to be really really hard and potentially dangerous.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!