MugenSILVER Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
I've been trying to figure out how to spin and do antispin flowers. I can't find a tutorial for the life of me either. Could someone please help me. I just cant figure out where my arms are supposed to be for what points while im spinning. A video response would be great!! Thanks!

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
You want to actually do the turn when they are at 12 and 6 o'clock. (That is, straight up and down.)

As for the rest, it just comes down to getting the timing right.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Or for anti-spin butterfly flowers just move your arms 1 quarter turn (i.e 12, 3, 6 and 9 on a clock face) each time the poi heads pass your shoulders
or check out the Hop Moves library wink

https://www.homeofpoi.com/lessons_all/teach/Anti-Spin-Flower-3_18_310

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

DyamiTKGOLD Member
beginner forever
159 posts

Posted:
Can you turn with regular spin flowers? I'll see if we can put together a video.

The basic principal of turning with anything is that you cross both your poi from one side of your body to the other. With flowers, I find it is easiest for me to practice the crossing when my arms are near horizontal but really this exercise can (and in some opinions should) be done on any angle.

Extend your arms and spin your poi so that they are close to your shoulders (but not smacking you of course). Have each poi on different sides of the line your arms are making. Sway your arms or even just your body, allowing the poi to switch from side to side.

What ever kind of flower you are doing, if you pick a point in the extension to stop (in the beginning), cross your poi, and turn your body around. Then cross you poi again after your arms have completed half a circle, that will get you turning around.

Rich AlexanderGOLD Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
Here is one from playpoi that Nick did that helped me out

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -Joseph Campbell