TideGOLD Member
Future pyrotechnician...? Or something.
111 posts

Posted:
Say, I managed to find a group of people who all shared a common interest of spinning light - be it fire, LED or glow - and we were cautious of people who could potentially pass by us.

We would be performing on a beach, a fairly large one.

What's the best way of marking out where we will be spinning our stuff to prevent passersby from "accidentally" walking into us?

Sigh, not much luck in my recent obsessions with coloured fire but I hope this is better hahaha

This statement is false...?

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
You could get a lot of rope, and torches and mark a perimeter.

Be aware that people might still not give a censored and drunks may still stumble over the barrier and into a fire staff.

You should always be conscious of whoever's around you, regardless of perimeters/stages. There's always gonna be people who ignore warnings and rules and end up dangerously close to you.

We regularly have fire meets at drums beach in Tel Aviv, and there's always 1 or 2 drunk people to stay away from, and they always tend to walk right through the crowd of people spinning big fireballs around. The sober ones tend to have the common sense of not walking through a large group of fire spinners.
(They do, however, tend to walk between people practicing unlit. which is a pain in the ass when you get yelled at when they could've easily walked around you)

So the most important thing is to try and be aware of your surroundings. Be it other spinners or the drunk guy stumbling into your fire meet.

smile

TideGOLD Member
Future pyrotechnician...? Or something.
111 posts

Posted:
Yeah, common sense involves watching out for people coming in anyway - and we won't all be doing stuff at the same time, obviously. We'd have people on sides possibly watching out for other people who would hurt themselves.

Thanks for the answer and advice, though!

This statement is false...?