• You must now select Courier Delivery if you wish to receive items before Christmas.

Forums > Help! > tribal neon fuels in the us

Login/Join to Participate

Rives
GOLD Member since Jun 2009

Rives

Nothing but circles and smiles...

Total posts: 118
Posted:where in the us is it possible to get fuel suttable for the tribal neon fuel dyes, and under what name is that fuel sold.

ive been looking for 2 weeks and cant get a straight answer.

please help...

Delete Topic

hamamelis
BRONZE Member since Jan 2006

hamamelis

nut.

Total posts: 756
Posted:
Could be sold as methylated spirit, or denatured alcohol.. Try camping or hardware stores.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Delete

Mynci
BRONZE Member since Apr 2005

Mynci

Macaque of all trades

Total posts: 8737
Posted:I know how hard it is to find anything other than mineralised Methylated spirit (purple liquid). although I don't know if that would work. I have some fuel dye at home but I don't want to waste good wicks testing it yet.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

Fire_Moose
SILVER Member since May 2007

Fire_Moose

Elusive and Bearded

Total posts: 3597
Posted:it's called denatured alcohol...it can be found at hardware stores near the paint thinner/varnish/etc

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Delete

Kombi guy
BRONZE Member since Nov 2003

Kombi guy

HOP OM

Total posts: 225
Posted:Yup Denatured Alcohol, or 100% methylated spirit or Shellac reducer at least thats what they call it here in NZ and also what we used when we tested the coloured flames originally before selling them on HOP. If you ask for it at most hardware stores or paint supply store they will know it by those names or should do.....

Happy Spinning

Delete