JohnnyDmember
13 posts

Posted:
Ok, i've been doing this poi spinning thing for about a week now, i can do the weave forwards and backwards, the butterfly, almost the alternate butterfly behind the head thing (bit of a left hand problem going on), the corkscrew thing and that's about it.

So now i'm after some advice on what moves to try next. Like, what's a good natural progression from here?

Thanks

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
behind the back 5 beat sounds good to me...

then again so does asparagus and futon.

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Check the lessons section, there's loads of stuff there you can pick up. Once you've got all that, start scouring the technical forums.

Given your progression, I'd say try Thread The Needle next. But that's based on how I learned, and everyone has different strengths.

Also, the Poi Moves forum might be a good place for these kinds of posts in the future.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'm going to say, do not work on 5 beats, behind the back or one handed stuff.

Thread the needle, turns, weave turns, butterflies alternating front/back/low to high, fountains, etc... There's plenty more before you waste your time on moves like 5 beats.

And work on making your existing moves perfect and on linking them together to flow when you spin.

JohnnyDmember
13 posts

Posted:
Oops, sorry about the wrong forum

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I can weave forward and backward, with turns inbetween. I looked on the lessons section and the turns on there are different from what i've been doing (they go behind the back on the way round ) so i'm gonna have to learn those.

I just went outside for a bit of a spin and realised that i'm not as consistent as i should be so I think dom, you're right about getting the stuff you can already do to flow a bit better first I'm gonna work on that, then i'll try what people have suggested.

)Spanner(, are you going to be at the S'ton summer festival on sunday?

AlienfoxSILVER Member
130 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyD:
Ok, i've been doing this poi spinning thing for about a week now, ...[sic]... Like, what's a good natural progression from here?

Throw them away and get a Staff
Muahahhahahahahahah!

Non-Https Image Link

- Alienfox -