TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys!
It's been a while since I started a thread on here. Too long.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a poetry website that stops people pinching your work. I have written dozens of poems and song lyrics, and I'm considering getting them published, but alas, that costs money, a commodity I am not flush in at this time.

I'd consider self publishing but tbh I'm not impressed with what the internet has to offer, especially with on demand printing - A certain company added pages from SOMEONE ELSE'S BOOK in the last thing I had published. (Me and Sunbird wrote a book - no you can't read it as it needs proofing again as I spotted more mistakes lol)

So, here are my options.
Publishing (needs money. Or a sponsorship lol)
Self publishing (need a reputable company with decent prices)
Self publish on website (need some decent coding and not your basic "no right click" javascript that can always be worked around)
True self publishing (as in print on A4, fold in half and staple together. Probably my best option so far)
Poetry website (with copyright protection)

Anyone? Cheers me dears! XD

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
a) start a thread here
b) start a FB group wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
only place I know of that ilk is Fictionpress, but I don't believe they have copyright protection

Just a dancer in the dark

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Tom, Most my poems are on Fbook in my notes - go have a read if you want smile

Seaspray - I will check it out thank you smile

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Have you tried just sending samples to relevant publications who may be interested in publishing you? You may not get paid much (if at all) initially but getting your name published will speak a lot for future publications, plus someone who reads them may then sponsor you for more.

I'm sorry if you've already done this, but it's what I'm in the process of doing with my own writing.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
one of the best ways to copyright your own work is send them to yourself in an envelope and dont open it. smile Cant help with poetry websites though.. :glomp:

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
clavey: I do not think that that is permissable anymore. I remember reading something about it at least....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Apparently works if it's registered post smile

Tink, i thought it cost nowt other than postage to get published? I thought you just have to send stuff off and if someone likes it, they'll print it?

[/naivety]

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile