Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground 09 - SOLD OUT!!! (not kidding!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hey Everyone!

well I thought I would start a thread for the upcoming CG.

All we have locked in for now is the date;

Friday to Monday, 2nd to the 5th October.

www.common-ground.net for info,

MMM CG goodness.

***UPDATE***

most of the tickets are now sold.

ALL TICKETS NOW SOLD

Please do not pass on ticketing info to people who have not bought tickets, if you put money in our account and have not confirmed with Kate, then we will send you back the money minus postage.

It looks like this coming CG09 will be the last big CG that Katinca and I organise for a while (perhaps someone else will take up the torch?) - cuz Katinca and I need a bit of time for travel and getting our land in order. However, we have a lot of very special ideas for this CG which will probably make it better than it's ever been before, so if you are still tossing up whether you want to come this year or not, you really should come.

J

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1247812121)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
OOOH! I just remembered what is maybe the most important thing about CG...

People are coming from Sydney and Melbourne right? I, being from Perth, have had an addiction for many years now.. since I travelled to Sydney in '05. It's been 3 long years without a taste.. :'(

I would pay handsomely for someone from Sydney to bring Krispy Kremes from the airport to CG for me!! Jed actually hasn't tasted the sugary goodness that are KKs...

Damn Perth not having a store...

Coming from Sydney/Melbourne to Adelaide? Looking to make a few eaasy dollars from adding a dozen donuts to your handluggage? Give me a message!!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
heh - I was in Sydney a week ago. KKs certainly are nice, but I don't understand the addictive behaviour...perhaps I needed two hits to get addicted?

hehe

--

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
A Brenn shaped Brenn is coming to Adelaide Friday afternoon, touching down at 1pm and likely to be at Paradise Junction about an hour after that and the Montacute shopping center sometime after that..

Is there someone that could retrieve Brenn shaped Brenn at around 2-3pm on Friday 2nd October so that he can get to Montacute? Please message me or call me on 0421656072. Thanks! grin

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
Hi Lovely Fire Folks!

Woondering if anyone in Melbourne might have a spare seat in their car? or know someone who does?? I'm not very big, probably even fit in half a seat grin

Have fot Friday & Monday off work - so can leave anytime those days. Happy to drive too!! & of course pay petrol.

Oooops for leaving organising so late!!

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce2 it's next weekend! it's next weekend!!! grin bounce2 i am SO exited!!!!

on the weekend i started writing a list of stuff i need to take (& am likely to forget tongue2 ) & checked that i still have all the big stuff (tent, sleeping bag, li-lo, etc). ooh! & WIN! i finally got my giant sleeping bag to fit back in the tiny bag that it came in!!! grin that's only taken 2yrs... laugh3

i am so looking forward to a long weekend of lovely fun! grin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
3,289 posts

Posted:
While the weather is looking good for CG, it looks like its going to rain right up until the week of CG. This means that the Common Ground is potentially going to be a bit soft. I would recommend a ground sheet to go under your tent and if you want to be very careful, also bring a cheap blue tarp and a few extra pegs just in case it rains as an extra waterproofing on top of your tent.

2* cheap blue tarps $10
4* extra pegs $4

CG Cosy sleeping Guarantee = PRICELESS!

smile

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1253660720)

--

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Just a reminder to everyone.....

There's no public transport to CG, it gets close (within 5km) but is not direct so you will need a car or to get a cab to the site.

AND...

At the Commonground Site there is NO MOBILE COVERAGE (18km from GPO and no mobile coverage - I know......)
- which means if you leave it till you land in Adelaide to ring your friend at CG to pick you up or to find out when it is... you will be waiting for a very very long time....

I suggest you organise something now- post it up here etc...

Wow - its real soon now...

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: KatincaJust a reminder to everyone.....

I suggest you organise something now- post it up here etc...

Trying to! grin

Still need a lift from Montacute shops to CG Friday afternoon. any takers? smile

hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
if there's a few people gonna arrive at the shops around the same time you could all share a cab? grin

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: BrennA Brenn shaped Brenn is coming to Adelaide Friday afternoon, touching down at 1pm and likely to be at Paradise Junction about an hour after that and the Montacute shopping center sometime after that..

Is there someone that could retrieve Brenn shaped Brenn at around 2-3pm on Friday 2nd October so that he can get to Montacute? Please message me or call me on 0421656072. Thanks! grin

hug

I should be able to pick you up Brenn. I'm picking up Cat and Mat from the airport around 10am and have to get some food from the markets and stuff so I could probably get you from the airport or city if you prefer that to busses.

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
*Geo* That would really help!!! grin

hug

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
Managed to get a last minute ticket to CG! Very Excited! Gonna be a sick weekend. I've managed to get a lift up there too which is freaking awesome.

I just gotta get my 3 essays written now and then i'll be sweet!

Cheers all and see you at CG

p.s. for those who wanted jelly the cheapest way is to buy it off the net, if you want i can get you a link. cost you about $100 for enough to wrestle in. also the stuff we use is not easy to get off, but it's super awesome slime!

As far as a pool goes, you can make one pretty easily out of hay bales and tarpaulin with lots of tape and zip ties and stuff, i'll ask my engineering friends how they do it at camp.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

I'm unsure exactly when I'm going to arrive in Adelaide (depending on how far I get on Thursday etc), but when I do I'll be making sure I stop by the supermarkets to see if I recognise people to bring to site. More then happy once unloaded to do a few more trips as well smile

Looking forward to seeing everyone again hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I have left the job of getting us to CG up to Jedly... He hasn't yet told me whats happening so I hope I make it there. smile
I'M EXCITED TOO!

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Natasqi, I may be able to help out with the KK situation as I am from Melbournetown smile

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
i was thinking a similar thing brenn

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: natasqiAnd is Lou coming?

LOU!!! ARE YOU COMING??

Hi!! Yeeeess i am coming natasqi! (how can you consider asking such a thing! eek)

We've only just been blessed by the satellite internet fairy (moved out to the sticks), so tad belated reply! just caught up on the cg excitement posting! bounce2

and sure, I can bring badge stuff if ya like? smile Haven't had a great deal of time to get stuff sorted for them this year but if you want anything particular i'll measure the bits and post up what size the artwork needs to be and you can bring em along! badger badger badger....

yep the one thing i made it on here was to say to let us know arrival times - especially airport, plenty of lovely people willing to help out with transport but if they can carpool.. much better! (and you get to be bundled up with pre-cg huggers!) but get the details up here soon because of no net/mobile coverage as of next week!

hughug see you all sooooon!

693 posts

Posted:
Hi All,

BRING YA BOOTS!

Went to the Common Yesterday, a fair few soggy bits.

gum-boots (and gummy bears - different story but also nice) would be a good idea, as rain is forcast for the weekend which means even more slosh and sog.

Could be a muddy woodstock experience for CG - mmm even better for couch sliding wink

K8

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
That's a problem with coming to Adelaide with so much time to spare - harder to predict weather!

Hmm...cheap gumboots...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Juggling Jack FlashGOLD Member
Sneaking
1,207 posts

Posted:
Anyone got some space in their car to take a Simon and an Alex out to the site from the city? Hugs offered in return smile

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Rock on with my new gumboots! Thankyou crap weather for the excuse! bounce2

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
i has boots! grin not gumboots...well, actually i do have gumboots, but i'm not bringing them with me! i have huge feet so my shoes are giant-sized...not so good for fitting in suitcases when flying smile

hmm...i wonder if jetstar/qantas will let me fly with (mild) steel cap boots in my carry-on? or maybe i should just wear them... laugh3

*starts wishing for AWESOME weather for common ground* grin ubblove

see you all NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!! bounce2 *squeeeeeeee*

Adya MiriyanaGOLD Member
*slou?
6,554 posts

Posted:
hehe geets well i bet they'll be better than the gaffa taped ones! wink

ubbrollsmile

Here's some helpful info for catching buses to the interchange nearest to CG that run from the airport through the city:
The most direct and least confusing is to catch the "J" buses:
*"J" timetable for fri from the airport to paradise interchange via the city is here
*Map of the bus route is here
*Entire timetable (for other days & going back to city/airport etc) is here

And buses running from the city only to the interchange:
Are these "178.." buses - 178, 178N & 178F.
*Timetable for fri from city to interchange is here
*Map of the bus route is here
*Entire timetable (for other days & going back to city/airport etc) is here

whistleblower**All of the "178.." buses and the 179 bus (included on the 178 timetable) go past the main centro shopping centre at Newton - so if you want to grab supplies that's probably the best place to do it! - stop 26.

If you're able to get to the paradise interchange/newton centro it'll be just a faerie's flight down the hill for pickups from there to the ground duck.
*Interchange to the common map can be found here

grouphug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
awww...i miss my ultra-gaffer-taped boots! tongue2 they had to be left behind with the giant pile of rubbish at last year's common ground! smile

& THANKYOU for the bus info! hug i knew it wasn't a difficult process! smile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
okies - im currently in sydney and just bought a campervan smile yay!

im going to leave monday evening and drive over-ground to adelaide. ill be taking it easy on the road so will prob arrive thursday morning-ish.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

693 posts

Posted:
I saw those boots in the garbage, and thought they were well loved smile Gaff does wonders.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
laugh3 katinca...i'd had those boots for a good 5 or 6yrs? definitely well loved & well worn! silly things just kept falling apart on me!!! laugh3

dentrassi - WOOH! campervan! grin bounce2

razedinflamesGOLD Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
I have a gig in the city on friday and as such will not be heading out till around 8:30 - 9ish... If anyone needs a lift then I can squeeze two people in my car.

PM me for details

"All things are interconnected... you just need to know which thread to pull to get the desired result"

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Dentrassiokies - im currently in sydney and just bought a campervan smile yay!

im going to leave monday evening and drive over-ground to adelaide. ill be taking it easy on the road so will prob arrive thursday morning-ish.

ohemgee ed!! i totally would have done the k's with you.. im in sydney for a week till CG... bummer!

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Brenn

Is there someone that could retrieve Brenn shaped Brenn at around 2-3pm on Friday 2nd October so that he can get to Montacute?

hug

And a Ciara shapes Ciara? 0410 657 370, i get in to the airport at 2.20pm and can go somewhere picker-up-able if someone could give me a lift with/without brenn involved? grin

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

Page: ...