Forums > Social Chat > how poi nearly cost me my job....a gripping story!

Login/Join to Participate

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
ok at work for bp today, my area boss asked me how i cut my fingers in three diffenet places, on three different fingers, on two different hands....

so i said, "well its part of my hobbie, poi (explaning the best i could what poi was), saying that instead of putting knots in the strings, due to lack of space in teh club i was poi-ing in on sat night, i wrapped the strings around my fingures,(ok i know this was stupid, but hey its worked so far!), so during a really fast weave i got rope burn, on both my index fingures, and then later on my third fingers doin the same thing(cos im thick as a plank!)...." siad i "thats why i have three plasters on my fingers"

area manger"so that wasnt very bright then was it?"

me"no sir(yes i called him sir, respect full as i am, its all about to go out the window!")"

so hes still in teh shop about 15mins later, when a customer tosses me a can of coke to catch, its a guy i know well!, and it lands on my worst urn, and i say, "you silly asre that hurts!" said in a calm jokie way not shouting

and the area boss says"dont talk to customers like that! EVER!"

me"its ok i know him" and the shop was empty!

mate"yeah its cool dont worry"

boss"i dont care, you should never talk to a cust like that!"

mate "its ok its my falut!im sorry"

boss ignores this, and starts to lay intop me about my customerskills, appart form i have called every customer sir, and had a joke with nearly every one, he tells me i am teh worst employee he has ever seen! were as my manager says im one of his best staff, cos i always help him out!

so i ask him if he wishes tyo shout at me can he do it in teh back so the custers dont see it, as it looks bad (ha im one up, for bp face, as itll be better to block me in teh back!)

so once in teh back i tell him to get off his high hourse, get in his posh car and go home or ill put a complaint in to head office for abuse!

to which my manager runs out of his office and tells him in a few more words, to F off, and drop dead!

which made me laugh out loud and cry!

he laft, and called up and apologised to me and gave me a 100pound bonus for unfair treatment!

WHOA YEAH!

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
dam straight! i am wel happy, im in the pub now(another one of my jobs, i have sooo many!!), its 12.13 and the boss is doina lock in in my honour, i get 15/hr for being a work in the pub, andill be workin till 12 2morrow, spinnin, and he says i can set fire to trhe bar, what a cool boss

Step (el-nombrie)

FunkyGodmember
54 posts

Posted:
Good on you man

As i do not rule the light i must rule the darkness

As i do not rule the Light i must rule the Darkness.

i will die using fire... why? you ask, it is simple, because i can

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
Bloody Hell!

Nice one, very gratifying when standing up fer yerself reaps the benefits. Might have made your manager take at look at himself aswell, which can only be a good thing.

STILL, SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT FROM YOUR BOSS IN HE FIRST PLACE REALLY...oops...where did those capitals cme from...think I've had a few too many bevvies tonite.

N

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Bloomin eck! .. good for you!

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
keh in the pub on HOP?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
dude....

its spelt T-H-E

lol

but well done anyway....

i often am in the process of being in the process of putting the string around my hands in a club and i am currently in the process of saying "ouch"

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
nice, so frikkin funny!!!

oh, and just smack people in clubs, eventuyally they make room, take notice, and end up buying you drinks
works for me!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Nathdaninjamember
271 posts

Posted:
funny...I read the phonetically..as in keh = Que? as in what...on HoP in the pub?

boing...boing...When the naive man admits his naivete, he is no longer naive.Thus, all people are regarded by society as either ignorant or a liar.Wonders never cease, as long as you never cease to wonder.

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Ok, the last half of your story made no sense at all, but go you.

Magnus... pay it forward

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
said 'k-eh' and yes it is what?

no jon it is spelt keh

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
no..it is spelt IT...

i was refering to how the author of the said peice of writing had written teh instaed of, presumeably, the.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i wuold like to defend the word teh, after several year of computing, fast txt typeing, and so on i haveformed a problem typing the word the, and so has my k/b due to the constant pummeling of teh keys.......

so dont pick on me, its just the way i run

Step (el-nombrie)

Tinmans heartmember
67 posts

Posted:
Hey crazy stuff!
THe wold of bp hey!
Oh Mechhead! On the tamworth swinger board you were talking about no swingers in Lichfield! But HA HA not true! But I suppose i dont really live in lichfield but hey!
No a few people from stoke and hanely too!
Yeah keep up the good work you maybe become the first millionaire for talking back!
he he!
Toodle pip!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted: