N8member
336 posts

Posted:
All you ravers out there!!!!Listen, The martian and I just finished watching the movie GROOVE. If you haven't seen this movie yet GO SEE IT NOW. Go to your local video store and rent it cause it totally blew me away- seriously, I had goosebumps the entire time.N8------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Hapes-Novamember
60 posts

Posted:
whats it about? what sorta stuff is in it? i can kinda get an idea based on the title, but a little more info wouldnt hurt, ya know?-Hapes-Nova, interested glower

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
oops- my bad, the movie is about the underground music scene told through the eyes and lives of the people that are into it. The DJ's the ravers, the candy-kids, the rave crews, etc. the movie is about this party that they throw and the stuff that goes on inside the party, its like takes you through what ravin is like with a bunch of other little sub plots. I'm tellin you this movie rocks. bottom line.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
thanx N8! i'll be sure to check it out tomarrow nite!!! sounds pretty wicked!------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
One other nice thing about Groove, speakinga s Bay Area resident (it's set in SF) is the fact that they didn't screw with geography any.Like, a few years back, there was some Hollywood movie set in SF, and they wanted to have a car chase scene down Powell Street, the street where the cable cars go. But for some reason, they didn't actually like Powell Street itself. So they went a couple of blocks over, and painted fake cable-car tracks down Jones or Taylor Street.This naturally caused everyone from the Bay Area to laugh.Groove didn't do any of that bullshit. When a character's driving over the Bay Bridge, they actually shoot it on the Bay Bridge. (And since the guy's going from Berkeley to SF, they didn't have him take the Golden Gate Bridge, which would have added at least an hour to his trip time.) When they say a scene is set in the warehouse district, it really is -- at points, I was looking at the skyline and distant landmarks in the background, going "Wow, I can almost figure out just where that is. It's certainly the right neighborhood."Plus, the movie is just fun. But I figured I'd throw in my local-area POV.

Tsumimember
32 posts

Posted:
Yay local flavor. You had to love the muni sleepyard and all that. ^^ Groove was a great movie. Even my brother who has a chip on his shoulder about raves liked it a lot. I thought the ending was very sweet, perhaps sappy but who cares. all the little subplots mixed well. and the sort of amateur dj was darling.