Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground 09 - SOLD OUT!!! (not kidding!)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hey Everyone!

well I thought I would start a thread for the upcoming CG.

All we have locked in for now is the date;

Friday to Monday, 2nd to the 5th October.

www.common-ground.net for info,

MMM CG goodness.

***UPDATE***

most of the tickets are now sold.

ALL TICKETS NOW SOLD

Please do not pass on ticketing info to people who have not bought tickets, if you put money in our account and have not confirmed with Kate, then we will send you back the money minus postage.

It looks like this coming CG09 will be the last big CG that Katinca and I organise for a while (perhaps someone else will take up the torch?) - cuz Katinca and I need a bit of time for travel and getting our land in order. However, we have a lot of very special ideas for this CG which will probably make it better than it's ever been before, so if you are still tossing up whether you want to come this year or not, you really should come.

J

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1247812121)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
yay for Yoga and yay for Ropedart. Geo - I'm still doing the sme three tricks I learned in your workshop last time! Wouldn't mind some more moves smile

J

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
*sniggers* Two hours to two days. Nice. I'd like to live on that sort of time for a while... just as a change.

And Geo! I want to you teach me rope dart, too! I had fun with it at BM and I enjoy working with a single poi so I thought it would be a fun thing to pick up and play around with. grin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Yah was Stuart!!And may have been knee to throat!
ubbrollsmile hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Pyrolificwoo Gnor!!! smile YAY!!!

We still have the screens for the CG screen printing workshop - so if you are up for it, it'd be cool if you could help with that! smile

J

Can be done Josh. Will try do limited set times perhaps in the hall though for ease of washing screens.
Will get you guys to again provide newspaper iron,old tea towels and a heat gun if possible, I tink the paints from last year should be goodand Ill bring squeegies as needed.
Will bring litres of henna again and miles of hair wrap stuff!

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Cat...deal!!!!

Is it the Truth?

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Pyrolificyay for Yoga and yay for Ropedart. Geo - I'm still doing the sme three tricks I learned in your workshop last time! Wouldn't mind some more moves smile

J
Do you think the practice rope darts we used last time with 3 poi on the end of a rope worked alright? I can come up with a new cunning plan if they weren't that good. could always have a monkey fist tying workshop and then attach rope to them.

Originally Posted By: Eccentricat*sniggers* Two hours to two days. Nice. I'd like to live on that sort of time for a while... just as a change.

And Geo! I want to you teach me rope dart, too! I had fun with it at BM and I enjoy working with a single poi so I thought it would be a fun thing to pick up and play around with. grin
You have lived on that sort of time before Cat. Burning Man time is exactly the same! wink

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
I managed to sort my tickets out - whoop whoop!
I'm gonna run a workshop, probably beginner to intermediate hoop and maybe a beginner mini hoop one if anyone is interested.........

ubbrollsmile

I've made the best rope darts out of bondage rope (doesnt burn your hands then) and tied a sock poi in the end as weight and a monkey fist on the other end so you dont loose the end.
]

EDITED_BY: spacey (1248222631)

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: *Geo*I'm assuming this is something like african time and will involve you turning up to run the workshop anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days late?

Close, except the Black Man Time I know has been known to be as late as a week!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: spaceyI managed to sort my tickets out - whoop whoop!
I've made the best rope darts out of bondage rope (doesnt burn your hands then) and tied a sock poi in the end as weight and a monkey fist on the other end so you dont loose the end.
]

hmmm, how does bondage rope differ from the cotton rope available at bunnings?
now that you've sorted out your CG ticket, I think we'll have to campare rope darts cause I make mine a little differently.

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
I think it would be a lot different as its designed not to give you rope burns so its really soft. my other half is the expert, he spent a lot of time researching the best rope and i think he ended up buying it from an adult store. Its really good though, i have used other peoples rope darts and they have hurt my hands due to rope burn
EDITED_BY: spacey (1248227622)

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
A big doll making needle Geo wiht thin cord thru it to the bondage cotton rope makes it easier tot thread the rope thru the balls.
Doll needle easier to get than my ball poker which is missing anyways

Is it the Truth?

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
*sniggers again* Bondage rope. Nice.
New application for existing technology.

Geo, i still maintain it wasn't completely Black Man time as I still had a watch and there were still events or workshops that started at certain times. I wasn't really bothered about the time, but I was still aware of what day it was and that I wanted to be somewhere specific around 3pm.

I want to forget entirely about the modern measuring of time for a little while. That means being around others who don't care about it either for long enough that I can lose track of days and months. Perhaps I'll go join a hippie commune for a year. tongue2

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
hey all. just thought id make an appearance and attempt to chime in conversation.

so workshops, aye? hmm..

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

poifull_spiritGOLD Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know where I can get a ticket (2 preferably) to CG, I missed out as I was away on holidays and couldn't get to any internet.

Also I will also be bringing also ropedart or 2. Very excited to learn some new tricks and maybe teach some too. I'm only just beginning but I learn quickly. Hopefully my shoulder is in good enough shape... I dislocated it last week.

please PM me or post here if anyone finds a ticket to CG!!!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Poifull_spirit, I'm afraid tickets sold out recently. frown hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: keyarghahhey all. just thought id make an appearance and attempt to chime in conversation.

so workshops, aye? hmm..

Nice job on conversing there, dork. hug

hug

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Eccentricat*sniggers again* Bondage rope. Nice.
New application for existing technology.

Geo, i still maintain it wasn't completely Black Man time as I still had a watch and there were still events or workshops that started at certain times. I wasn't really bothered about the time, but I was still aware of what day it was and that I wanted to be somewhere specific around 3pm.

I want to forget entirely about the modern measuring of time for a little while. That means being around others who don't care about it either for long enough that I can lose track of days and months. Perhaps I'll go join a hippie commune for a year. tongue2

I'm not convinced you could handle living in a hippie commune. I'm imagining you trying to get your dome built for a party and getting very frustrated at people telling you to chill out/relax/other stereotypical hippie sayings when you need their help right away. Maybe next BM you should try not wearing a watch and see where you end up. you might keep track of the days, but you'll lose track of the time.

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Yeah... There are more reasons than that for me to avoid living in a hippie community. Perhaps an artists community would be better. Or a specific sort of hippie commune. The kind that likes building and living off the land and making things and growing things and being productive and clean and happy and not drugged out all the time. tongue2 Well-balanced hippies.

As for BM....there are always workshops I want to go to. Workshops that start at a certain time on a certain day.
You know I can't resist learning things. tongue2

Mmmm tasty knowledge. Nom nom nom.

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
I'd be interested in hoop workshops! Though i'd need to borrow a hoop coz it's too hard to bring one from Perth...

hannahfaerieplaying in the mud but looking for the sparkle
35 posts

Posted:
Yay!
looking forward to it. So glad we got our tickets at the last fire night. See you all there, this year Morgan and I will have a little one (just 5-6 weeks old!) with us.
Can't wait!

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
cool, well i always carry 5 with me and i will make some more for CG then lots of people can join in with the hoopy fun!

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
*snicker* Those two posts look funny one after the other. tongue2

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
tee hee, so they do, maybe i should have quoted the post i was replying too - or maybe i do just carry 5 around with me.....

.....who knows!

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
I think the funniest bit is you're going to make some more for CG! wink

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
doh!

spank

EccentricatBRONZE Member
stranger
13 posts

Posted:
Q!!! Does anyone going from Adelaide have a rice cooker?
I know how to make some pretty fab sushi and I would be more than happy to if I can find a rice cooker and the fixings. I could even teach if anyone wanted to learn.

Sushi is happiness.... all rolled up and dipped in Soy Sauce.

Gruntathonstranger
7 posts

Posted:
I didn't get a ticket this year, so chances are I'm not going. frown

I'll be at MJC 2 weeks beforehand though, see you there!

Otherwise, I'll find you guys some other time. Miss you!

As for rope dart technology, I braided some cord to make my rope. It took a little while, but 0% ropeburn. I highly recommend it. Tying pretty things to it is easy, and the cord cost $2 from the 2 dollar store.

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
Damn I was just going to shout bondage rope but Spacey beat me...!!

https://twistedmonk.com
https://www.bound-to-please.co.uk/

-multi purpose rope wink.... also good for rope-darts smile

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: hannahfaerieYay!
looking forward to it. So glad we got our tickets at the last fire night. See you all there, this year Morgan and I will have a little one (just 5-6 weeks old!) with us.
Can't wait!

Eeeee!

[/clucky]

Woah... eek

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hi Everyone!

Can I just please ask people to STOP emailing me. I would love to say yes to you - but you I can't.

It's kinda like the Falls festival (well not really- but there's an analogy here just wait for a bit) - we have a certain amount of tickets. We have sold ALL the tickets. We are sold out. There are no more tickets. In fact there is no more space, no matter what. Bribes, volunteering, tears, etc. I have to say No to all of them - and its not like I like doing it. So please. The site is full, there is no more room at the inn. That's it.

Stop giving me more work to do and making me feel bad coz I have to say No.

Perhaps next time (not next year.... next time) I will have to get everyone to write in 25 words or less why they would like to go to CG....

grin
Thanks,
Kate

EDITED_BY: Katinca (1249006273)

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Page: ......