Onyx FlameSILVER Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
Hi, I'm wondering how to do the move that Nick Woolsey does at 4:38-4:41
in his Spiral wraps tutorial: Poi Lesson: Spiral Wraps It seems like some sort of "spiral wrap-catch". If someone could link to or post a tutorial on how to do it, it would be much appreciated.

AlienJonGOLD Member
enthusiast
290 posts

Posted:
I think he is just pulling his hands apart to keep accelerating after a less than optimal final wrap.

+Alien Jon

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Yeah, its just the same as a spiral wrap, really, but with a lot less wrapping going on.

See how he moves his hands in a circular plane to make them end up horizontal to one another? Thats probably the hardest part about it.

Try it with one hand above the other instead.

It will require some degree of isolation in order to position your hands in relation to your poi properly.

Have a go at catching the poi heads out of a full iso. Make sure you lead one poi head into your hand before the other and allow the other to fall it to make the catch easiest on yourself.

hug

DrexFactorGOLD Member
Defeats the purpose
73 posts

Posted:
It's really just a spiral wrap with your hands a little less than one poi distance apart. You can do it with your hands arranged opposite anywhere around the circle.

As requested: here's a video on how to do it along with some other variants to play with if you like this one.

Peace,
Drex

Onyx FlameSILVER Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
Thanks you Drex, I really appreciate the time and effort you put into your video. smile