Forums > Social Chat > Blindfold + Headphones + Fire == Bliss

Login/Join to Participate

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
My friend Rob and I were out spinning fire at a party last night, but unfortunately the music didn't carry to where we could spin. However, Rob brought a little MP3 player along so at least he could hear the music. Rob has been spinning with the headphones for a while, but it was the first time for me.As soon as I put the earbuds in and selected a song, I knew what I had to do. Find a blindfold. Rob tried his best to stop me, but it didn't work. Rob told me the story related by a mutual friend who tried this once and it wasn't pretty. Without any sight or external sound for reference you become completely lost from the outside world. But that was exactly where I wanted to be. Heck, I was already half way there...The hardest part was just getting lit up, cuing the music, and then putting on the blindfold. But once I was going... wow... talk about getting lost in yourself. Absolutely unbelievable. Total bliss. Definitely up a notch from anything I have ever done before. I was told I looked more relaxed and confident than ever before, and I suppose, sure, it felt that way too.Now I wonder where that next notch is...-p.

Mr SockGOLD Member
94 posts

Posted:
Same setup barefoot in either tall soft grass or on the beach grin------------------"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted - Martin Luther King Jr.

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Wow, dangerously interesting biggrin

I might try this with fans next time I'm at the beach. At least if I catch alight I can just run towards the sound of water

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Spinning blindfold shrug a favorite exercise - highly recommended for beginners (w/o fire though)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Curly_SueSILVER Member
laughter is the way to get through life
179 posts

Posted:
Oh dear god PJ I am bad enough with just the poi. ha ha you should see my face with fire ha ha. maybe one day I will be able to do that. peace

I fell down a hill once, got up then fell down it again.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Blindfolded with fire and headphones? SO dangerous!!

What's with the random bump?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Rouge Dragon

What's with the random bump?

Oh, that? I walked into a bar tongue

ॐ

Owned by Lost83spy

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Yeah there are lots of random old bumps happening at the moment.
Hey at least people are useing the search feature? smile

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

BrennPLATINUM Member
3,286 posts

Posted:
Ya-ha.

I've actually burned with headphones, but not blindfolded. I was looking to see if anyone else had done it, but these folks clearly have taken it one step further biggrin

The fact that it was an old post just happened to be part of it. I swears it tongue

&#2384;

Owned by Lost83spy

MagsKatBRONZE Member
Don't feed her cookies
113 posts

Posted:
So inspired was i but this thread i went home last night, turn out the ligths, turned up the music and shut my eye to spin ( no head phones piercings are still healing)

Felt really good, plus i master a little free style kinda thing. Eye closed is really good you feel like the poi are an extension of your body smile

Almost had the 5 bt weave.. seems my hand eye coordination is not all that smile

Formally known as kat224

We are not friends.. we never were.. but if i was part of your life then i thank you