Forums > Help! > tight/loose, clothing/naked, wierd ideas?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Crimson_CircusGOLD Member
Spinner: (means "freak" in German)
21 posts

Posted:
normally i spin in jeans, headscarf and...... yeah thats it.
there are some videos of guys (which are oretty good) which are wearing loose clothing. i would like to wear more loose pants, but i am afraid that my (fire) pois will get caught and set my pants on fire.

does someone has some (safety) tips for loose pants?

you are also welcome to post ideas for costumes (i am always searching for something, which makes my shows more interesting)?

Gata Gata Para Sum Gata Bodhisvaha.
Go far, go further, go further than ever imagined.

coza-Why-
126 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

Heres an old thread but might be worth looking at.

If money is the root of all evil, then why do people sell Bibles?

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Richee
ideally naked,

Best. Richee Quote. EVER! grin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

EvilGirlsstranger
2 posts

Posted:
evil girls require upto 4 people who are amazig at fire poi to become apart of their monthly shows.

interested..?
myspace: www.myspace.com/evilgirls
email: evilgirls2009@live.com

cleezyBRONZE Member
journeyman
58 posts

Posted:
i was not ready for that!

aww man i want some bacon now....my mom makes me eat that nasty turkey bacon, it has nothin on real bacon!

zyonchaosjourneyman
77 posts
Location: Anglesey, Wales, UK soon to be Lincoln, England (s...

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonMm, the flames do get hotter than you'd think. If I ever spin in a jumper I always regret it, no matter how cool the air outside is.

How about this one?
Click to reveal..
Non-Https Image Link

Be good to have round for after a fire show, all you need is the bread some ketchup and a spatula. Yay bacon sarnies, although you may not need the bread she already has the baps lol

From Within Chaos Comes Order

kithGOLD Member
Object Manipulation Student
20 posts

Posted:
Hat. love my hat. Baseball-cap type hat.

Shirt - situational. Most of my tools have too much fire to do arm wraps and stuff without sleeves(maybe one day). Prefer no shirt whenever I can so I get exposure to the fire.

Pants - heavy canvass b.d.u. style pants. Tight weave makes more fire resistant, somewhat baggy. (watch out for those cargo pockets!)

Boots - Sometimes I like to spin in bare feet, but more often I like to be 'free' so wear my boots.

As long as you stay away from anything plastic, you have half the battle won already. Latex, nylon, and other plastics used in clothing are very dangerous with fire. (READ : melt)

melting plastic + skin contact = Pain.

I'd recommend tighter clothing with |tighter stitching!| for newer spinners. Tighter weaves take longer to catch fire BUT soak up more fuel in a spill. You wouldn't seriously think about lighting up after you spill fuel on yourself, would you?

jeans, leather shoes, and a tight cotton shirt are good for starters. If you have any canvass clothing, that's even better.

(got some camo hand-me-downs laying around for camping trips? perfect)

...and save your face - wear a hat with a brim. Later not so important, but in the beginning you will appreciate it. Applies later too if you actually have hair on your head.

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
When playing with fire I tend towards leather boots, baggy trousers and a tight fitting top both in cotton. Oh and I have very long hear at the moment so a bucket of water over my head tying it back and tucking it into my top has become the norm adding a socked bandana makes me feel a lot happier cold but happier. If I’m playing for a long time…. More buckets.

I’ve got hold of a anime style long coat. While I keep catching my self fire os a no no. While I’m shore its going to restrict what I can do, one day with the right music its going to look great. weavesmiley
Mmmmm would sunglasses be too cheesy?

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
... I've just had the image of Poi done in bullet time.

I like that image smile

Just a dancer in the dark

FelexSILVER Member
268 posts

Posted:
I love that idea so much I’m going to steal it. Don’t know how but I’m going to.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
something like this has been done before by Yuta wink

got to scroll through my favorites - YouTube is now loading extra slow for me

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FelexSILVER Member
268 posts

Posted:
All I get when I try to enter your favourites is.

Unknown playlist requested. Please try again.

What I have seen by Yuta I just think to my self the bloke has so much control.
If you can remember what’s its called I would love to find it.

Oh and thanks for not pointing out that I cant spell.
blush

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
spelling err?? can't find any...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - dunno why I can't log into my YouTube account... &$%& cookies

not really bullet time and not with that sexy 360° - but pretty damn close smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FelexSILVER Member
268 posts

Posted:
socked bandana.
lol2
That was beautiful just so relaxed everyone together enjoying them self’s. meditate

Don’t know if you know but the best way as far as I know (what the? What’s with all the knows?) to do the 360 stuff without CGI is with lots of static cameras and the edit it together. The more cameras you have filming the smother it will look.

Either that or you become Jacki Chan and just hover naturally.

Anyway I think I’ve taken this thread off topic. Sorry ooooops

Seaspraystranger by the day
924 posts

Posted:
hehe happy to help tongue2

and yeah. Tight is right until planes learn how to behave. I wear baggy stuff a lot while practising and I am forever hitting them with the poi. If I were doing a burn I could safely say that I'd be a tad hotter in 'em

Just a dancer in the dark

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: kith

...and save your face - wear a hat with a brim. Later not so important, but in the beginning you will appreciate it. Applies later too if you actually have hair on your head.

Why??? Wouldn't you want to avoid having things that your poi could catch on? A had with a brim would make even something as basic as the windmill a lot more difficult than it needs to be.

If it clips the hat, it'll momentarily be quite close to your head, potentially shedding a little fuel in your face while its at it.

hug

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
I would suggest a tight-fitting beanie before anything with a brim.

If you are hitting yourself in the face that often, do not spin fire....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Crimson_CircusGOLD Member
Spinner: (means "freak" in German)
21 posts

Posted:
I'm kinda missing female qualities for the "bacon idea", but the next time I'm probably gonna hang a rack of ribs in front of my d****. The evening would be (culinary) enjoyable even if I'd hit myself in the balls,

Gata Gata Para Sum Gata Bodhisvaha.
Go far, go further, go further than ever imagined.

Page: