Forums > Social Chat > Kindle Magazine - The world's first fire arts and culture magazine

Login/Join to Participate

IanMichaelSmithGOLD Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
An interview with Meghan Claire Pike, "The Ego of Performance" written my Isa "GlitterGirl" Isaacs, "BUUGENG!" by Dai Zaobab. These are a few of the articles found in the first issue of Kindle Magazine.
Kindle was created by Noel Yee, Lily Rasel, Ian Michael Smith, and MCP. The first issue was released in May and mainly focuses on fire dance. Future issues we will expand to any art that involves fire.
I was also hoping to get some reviews from those of you who have already read it.

Kindle's mission is to promote fire arts and culture by producing a high quality magazine ecompassing a wide veritey of perspectives, providing online access to community resources and information, and collaborating with an international host of writers, artists, and photographers.

Subscriptions are only $15

Visit our website for more information:
https://kindleonline.org

EDITED_BY: IanMichaelSmith (1247079805)

bentforkxGOLD Member
Should I be spinning around my poi, or should my poi be spinning around me???
42 posts

Posted:
I really enjoyed your premier issue! Would like to see more bios, and equipment reviews, informational articles and of course Pictures!!!
Keep up the good work!!
Looking forward to #2!!
Allan

Spinning makes the world go round

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I miss moppatop frown

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
This is relevant to my interests.

Nice site too. But your missing a link: www.homeofpoi.com wink

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

IanMichaelSmithGOLD Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
Yea, we've thought about those things. Equipment reviews are going to be tricky if we really want to be impartial and thorough. You know something more than, playing with a prop for an hour and writing something about it.

Issue #2 will be quite a bit bigger.
And we are looking for anyone who would like to submit articles, pictures, or knows of less known equipment makers who are looking to get the word out about their product...

bentforkxGOLD Member
Should I be spinning around my poi, or should my poi be spinning around me???
42 posts

Posted:
Ian,
When I suggested equipment reviews, I was thinking of who sells what, the components they build the props with, etc. accessories. Not so much a product evaluation...... Keeps potential advertisers happier I think too, looking forward to Vol2!!!

Spinning makes the world go round