J_scapBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
I'm not on here much... or at all for that matter, but a quick question regarding flowlights and there crystal cases.

is a flowlight alone equal to the weight of a tennis ball, or will you need the case to create it about equal to the weight?

but as of right now i have 2 sets of poi, one is a sock poi with tennis balls in them (i upgraded from juggling balls), and another one i just recently got that are kind-of bad but they work, they are led light sticks i guess you could call them that have 3 modes, 1) rgb strobe 2) slower rgb strobe 3) slowly changing colors to random color flashings.

i guess there both good but the problem with my led sticks is that they shut off whenever they are either moved too quickly or hit against clothing which is really annoying.

just a little question and insight to my 2 pairs of poi.

OH, almost forgot the handles and leashes on the led poi are a little invention of my own, with lanyard like string and hair ties. (pics later maybe)

EDIT: just fixed the lights, you need to hold the button down so i just tightly tied rubber bands on the button so i can move the band and turn it off.

EDITED_BY: J_scap (1246934930)

noramosGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:
Flowlight + Battery: 36.30 grams
+ Crystal Case: 65.25 grams
+Flowmass: ~87 grams (leash was still attached and threw off the scale)

Quote:The ITF defines the official diameter as "more than" 2 and 1/2 inches but "less than" 2 and 5/8 inches. The weight is "more than" 2 ounces but "less than" 2 and 1/16th ounces.

2 + 1/16 = 2.0625 ounces = 58.4708914 grams
EDITED_BY: noramos (1246938056)

J_scapBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
ok so im going with the crystal case, thanks for the help.

now i have decided that my new setup when i get my funds up will be, colecord with flowlight and case.

thanks again, this place seems tight. ill stay

noramosGOLD Member
stranger
20 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

Click to get bigger, I suggest swivels.
EDITED_BY: noramos (1246938553)

J_scapBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
i know, im getting the pre made cole cord with swivels they sell here.

even though im a noob (sort-of) i made sure i informed myself of most of the stuff for poi

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I prefer my colecord glow poi without swivels, to be honest.

I'm not big on orbitals and those kinds of things that require good swivels, but I can do them without the swivels anyway. Colecord is quite forgiving in that way.

hug

J_scapBRONZE Member
stranger
19 posts

Posted:
meh, anythings good for me really, i learned poi on 2 dead glow sticks with the same handles as my current led poi. it was actually a great way to learn orbitals because of it being so hard.