Page: ...
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So, as has been pointed out in the "Is it quieter around here lately?" the boards are kinda dead.

Things really started to turn quiet around April/May of this year and I figured it was just part of the normal cycles that we see here of flurries of activity and then periods of less activity.

It's November and the trend continues. In Social Chat, only six posts were made over a period of four days. I haven't been posting much lately because there haven't been posts to respond to. In seven years as a HoP member, I have never seen anything like it.

Even worse, Josh and Kate were going to have a mini-Doof tomorrow night at their place in my honor and it appears that very few people will be coming. This disappoints me. It means that our community is collapsing and I can't figure out why this is happening.

But more important than the discussion of why is how to fix it. This community was an amazing, active, warm, loving family consisting of tens of thousands of spinners all over the world. I don't think the blame can be placed in the hands of any individual.

Did the community move to Facebook? If so, can we use that to our advantage? Is there something that we can do to make this forum more conducive to gatherings and socialization?

What are your ideas?

And please, if you know someone who has gone silent, encourage them to come back.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Man_in_the_maskBRONZE Member
specializes in the potentially insane
130 posts

Posted:
would definitely like to see these forums more active. would be nice, always thinking that the reason people aren't on much anymore is because everyone's out spinning and otherwise enjoying themselves.

"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin..."

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
is hop still in need of saving? grin i do miss you lot! but my computer is a bit sluggish, so i tend to do all things online on my phone these days...& the hop facebook page just ain't the same!! frown

random thought: remember when facebook first started getting popular & there was a thread on here somewhere asking what everyone's facebook name was so we could all add each other? *teehee* smile

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Man_in_the_maskBRONZE Member
specializes in the potentially insane
130 posts

Posted:
i would do that though im incapable of accessing my facebook account

"We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin..."

nupoCarpal \'Tunnel
9,576 posts

Posted:
I very hope for what Malcolm is coming with as a new beginning for everybody.

Page: ...