Forums > Social Discussion > What the hell about videos?

Login/Join to Participate

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Errrrrr, more polls. I forgot to put other on the first one cos I fail at polls. But definately feel free to write it underneath here.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Trouble is, in all of the polls you posted so far, i could easily just check all of the above... I wonder if you might get more useful information having people order their preferences?

One point worth noting about watching videos, for me might be that you have to catch me in the first 20 seconds or so. Probably less. you could rock out in the end, but if you havent got me hooked right at he start, i wont make it through to see. So dont save your best for last, people!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Trouble is, in all of the polls you posted so far, i could easily just check all of the above... I wonder if you might get more useful information having people order their preferences?

One point worth noting about watching videos, for me might be that you have to catch me in the first 20 seconds or so. Probably less. you could rock out in the end, but if you havent got me hooked right at he start, i wont make it through to see. So dont save your best for last, people!

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
That's why I limited the amount of things you can pick... make you pick the ones most important to you... but at the same time, there is usually more than one reason.

Plus there was no option in the poll for ranking answers...

Well in the first ten seconds you can usually tell the quality of the video... except in some cases...

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
I was tempted to pick well made, but then I remembered:

and:

and realised I don't really give a rat's @ wether a staffer is great with a camera and a computer as well.

Neither is particularly well edited or filmed, certainly not to the standard of:

However I could watch all these vids for ever, and probably will.

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
not sure what you're mining for, nutmeg. looking to improve yours? tongue2

for reasons NOT to watch are the first 20secs from a person that has already proven to be boring (to me) - I do give everybody more than one chance for improvement but they need to do so *early in the game*.

What makes me watch (repeatedly): all of the options above, depending on the subject... usually no vid claims ALL of the points you put up, but just a few... three or more I'm already happy with.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Interesting....

So you will a video again because:

It's got new stuff in it,
It's inspiring,
The spinner has good style,
It's well made.

So I guess it being well made doesn't hurt... but if it hasn't got anything novel in it... that'll hurt...