Forums > Meet Others > Portmsouth/ S'oton spinners

Login/Join to Participate

Lamia_poistranger
8 posts

Posted:
How many are still around on HOP? how many are serious spinners? how many do it just for fun?

i'm looking around for people to get a kind of group together again (we had a team, but stopped due to life getting in the way and now we're bored and want a new one together)

there is 5 people within my friends that perform with us.
so far events:
Liquid and Envy (portsmouth)
Spitbank Fort (portsmouth, on the sea :p)
Breakneck (portsmouth)
Contact (portsmouth)
Faceparty - Errorz in Marshmallow Land (London)

team consists of (within this 5):
3x Breathers
4x Spinners
2x Grinders
2x contact fire
1x Fire eating

I wanna see some interested people posting back and i'll try and sort a night out where we can all get together and do it like once a month.

We do take safety seriously and if you dont dont bother replying (i know i don't seem like i do but the 7 years i've been spinning i've only been burnt once, that was recent).

basically we're looking for some interesting people to spin with and maybe add to the team, in a way that will benifit both parties.

look forward to your responses smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Hiya

I'm southampton. you should get yourself along to my groups (flamefireshows.com) festival "Southern Lights" on this weekend in Dorset, Performances, workshops, bands and DJ's we host it each year as a way to give back to the community and make friends wink

Our group has 4 main Guys but we do use a couple of other performers we have:

Myself - Southampton
Sichainey - Poole
Mattbassman - Swanage
Injured Rez - Bournemouth

2 predominantly staffers
2 predominantly poiers
Stilt walker
Firebreather
also use
Diabloist / Juggler
Contact Ball
Ladies with hoops and fans
We have access to TV Street Magician and other kinds of acts.

what are you called? do you have a website? I know a couple of portsmouth spinners - Spanner, Mech etc all of a very high standard, do you know them?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Bear1970SILVER Member
Huggy Tart
233 posts

Posted:
If I wasn't already booked to visit friends in Scotland I would have probably popped along to this smile (I'm in London) Maybe next year!! wink

I am hungry, I am incorrigible, I AM MAN!!

Bear1970SILVER Member
Huggy Tart
233 posts

Posted:
This being Southern Lights of course! lol

I am hungry, I am incorrigible, I AM MAN!!

Lamia_poistranger
8 posts

Posted:
i've Spanner, frodo, Bag of Tricks (luke) and a few others, we were called Team Inferno... but not seen a few good spinners for a ong time.

one of our team members is Karen Elphic.

i would check it out if i wasn't so skint frown
and the others are going to IOW festival this weekend lol so umm yeah.

i havent set a date for this months meet up i also have to re-wick a set of my team mates poi where does the time go lol.

website was removed because of a disgruntled ex member and havent put another one up yet no time avaiable... end of the month i should be abe to get one up smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I Used to live with Frodo... Saw spanner at the weekend, she's lovely grin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Lamia_poistranger
8 posts

Posted:
spanner is great in person she tends to abuse me a lot online tongue2