oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
hey I do loads of tangley stuff, there mustbe some people in the same posision because I cant find anyone or any vids of the stuff I do.

SOMEONE PLEASE email me back and say something about how far they have got and just have a chatt me about some moves, I feel lonely with the amount of flowers and completely different styles on the net.

Hope to hear from someone soon,

PS I also wrote the "I challenge you" forum in the meet others bit, may of bin abit pissed but meant every slury word, check it people x

EDITED_BY: orangina (1244293216)

is it me or does nothing realy matter?

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Try putting up some videos? Would be nice to see some clear tangly stuff, properly explained.

I do not do many tangles and so on though.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
working on it, giv us a couple of weeks, maybe more, got some stuff going on, but I mean changing planes of buter to hyper loops, btb hyper loops, btb hyperloops wraps and more.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
if you can't find any vids of the stuff you do.... umm

maybe there are people in the same position as you?

so maybe - as aston suggested - you'd put some up??? wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Loki does lots of tangles..

Maybe view his channel for more?

hug

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
wey cheers, its the best tangles vid iv seen on the net and dont want to sound harsh or arogant but nothing new there.

like i said giv us a few weeks and keep sending the links smile
EDITED_BY: orangina (1244295703)

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
is there any more ? no ?

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
In all seriousness... I doubt you'll get any more with the attitude you've put out thus far...

hug

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
fair play, i do hav a habit of checking my email in the middle of the night after a few drinks.

yes my apologies being abit rude, but i'm not much of an internet person, i've tryed to b nice b4 and no1 was very helpful.

poi's great I just get frustrated with the lack of amount of people that would practice as they would a proffecianal juggler.

If any1 takes offence email me like, im all up for making friends and having light-hearted arguments about poi, if not it won't bother me smile

im a nice guy realy x

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I don't doubt you're a nice guy... but if you tend to shoot down the aid you are offered and talk yourself up after it it will won't make people want to help you... whats the point of hunting down a link for someone you don't know just to get the "Nothing new" response from them??

I know I've gotten past the point where I need videos to show me what the new stuff is, apart from the occaisional breakthrough that I can incorporate... and thats really fun, I can explore on my own.

hug

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
fair point, i did say its the best tangle vid iv seen on the net soz but i meant it 2 b a compliment,

and yer i dont realy need vids to think of new tricks but still there isnt enough decent poi vids compared to juggling and such.

dunno but about any1 else but im all for a competative world of poi like competitions at wjf 1day, sure it'l never happen but whats wrong with being abit competative to bring peeps 2gether, even if its through a light hearted argument ?

ExuroThe Prodigy
82 posts

Posted:
I've been meaning to post some tangley stuff in a vid.
Better put it in the tech blog.

You play with fire,
You're going to get burned.

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
The whole competitive vs non-competitive is a whole 'nother story I am not going to go into, but most people that I know of that do poi (semi-)professionally do not focus on wraps and tangles.

Whether this is because they can not fit them into a performance smoothly or if it is because for the effort involved there is too little return I do not know.

As another thought, try looking on a glowstringing forum. I think that most glowstringers are way more into wraps and tangles than most poi people are?

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

oranginanewbie
39 posts

Posted:
I agree there isnt any tangley stuff in profecianal shows, I think that for a beguinner or the public it can b hard 2 tel what people are doing with fire poi and it seems to be abit more about flowers and the spectacle than how complex the triks actualy are. (although very controled)

I do alot of tanlges with sock and fire poi and it depends on the audience in my shows but tangles usualy go down well with fire especialy, I think its abit different.

glowsicking abit faster and quite diferent types of wrapy tricks to what I do, anyone kno the best glowsticking links ?? ???

might put up a new furom neways

ExuroThe Prodigy
82 posts

Posted:
genxglow.com
glowsticking.com

There's a lot of talk about stuff besides stringing on them,
but those are the best resources i've found for glowsticking.

Unfortunately most of nthem don't use tangles.
maybe search for
Melvenorc12
A bay area youngster who is super into the techy close quarters manipulation-esque moves.

You play with fire,
You're going to get burned.