Forums > Social Chat > Psychoanalysis, please?

Login/Join to Participate

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
OK just curious if this little personality quirk of mine is suggestive of any sort of psychological thing... like, am I a pessimist or an optimist? What does this say about me? Does it say anything at all? Non-professional interpretations are welcome, as is King of Bongo's expert Decepticon opinion

Most normal people hate Mondays. And they love Fridays. Fridays, they think, are the prelude to the weekend of relaxing, sleeping in, minding your own (non-work) business. Mondays, on the other hand, are symbolic of the over-ness of the weekend, of the week ahead looming ominously like some great pile of work to be done.

I am the opposite. I see Mondays as the days I am fully-refreshed from the weekend of rest, and I am at my highest energy to tackle the week. When Friday rolls around, the week has taken its toll on me and I'm ready to crash and revitalize myself. I am grateful for the upcoming weekend, but on Friday nights and weekend afternoons I'm pretty much a couch potato (whereas every other night of the week I have a VERY active lifestyle).

Anyone else like this? Just a friendly chat about personality traits in general, feel free to post your own unique life quirks.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
do you realy want to know?

Dio = obsesive compulsive perfectionist

U man

but it is true....

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Patchwork Jestermember
18 posts

Posted:
Naw, OCD perfectionism isn't bound by time schedules.

Dio's just a freak, plain and simple.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Everyone's different, I dont mind college I suppose, I have another year to look ahead to it, and I'm gunna make it interesting, I'll try to make all my days interesting, when I burn myself out I rest... busy most of the time.
Fridays are going out nights, weekend is more available time to twirl, college is lots of art... sorted!

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
i like tuesday. monday is the warm up, tuesday youre refreshed and getting into the swing of things.

although, my weekends begin on sunday night and end on wednesday afternoon. but tuesday kicks but in the monday to sunday way of the world.
i think your way is rather optimistic and youre aware that being monday, the week will go on and youve just gotta deal with it!!
i like your style!

Fire... A bushmans telly

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Mondays I use to get all my errands done that way the rest of the week I can get ready for Friday and the weekend

quote:
Dio's just a freak, plain and simple.
Aren't we all tho?

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
hey now, I resemble that remark!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
wednesday is the worst, its the middle of the week , its teh low point the the seven day week world! so this is when i try to practise the most to make me feel better, but i find it more annoying cos im at my lowest!

grrr dam those greek people(as theyor some other silly ancient culter gave us the calander)

Step (el-nombrie)

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Every day is great, if you look at it with the right attitude...

But yeah, Friday's are much worse than Mondays...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?