Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > OTTAWA, Canada - Poi Spinners and Staffers

Login/Join to Participate

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
Hey Peeps,

Thought since I am moving back to O-Town in 3 WEEKS I would start a thread in here to meet some poi spinners in Ottawa!!

Anybody out there from Ottawa?
Interested in getting together to spin sometime?

Damn I'm gonna miss London!!! But I'm sure I'll be able to meet a few people in O-town who are interested in poi!!! I am particularily interested in learning staff if someone wants to exchange tricks...

DTKB

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

PSYferSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
My wife and I are just getting into the poi scene here in Ottawa through classes with Fire Weavers, so there are at least four newbies spinning here.

Fire Weavers also do fire poi demonstrations at the Suede Nightclub in Kanata every once in a while. It's a good place to go to find out more.

Taryne_GreenlawSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
I'm a beginer, but there is a decent poi community at the heart of the city. Some time in the summer a bunch of us should head out to a feild and have some fun.

bbrittaneePoi + Hoop
21 posts

Posted:
Heeey . Im a beginer as well.
Im moving to Ottawa in the ending of May .
And ill def. be up for a meet so we can all practice and learn from eachother.

-- When we communicate with one another and we feel that we have connected and we think we’re understood.. i think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion…
I think it’s what we live for ♥

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
I shall be passing though Ottawa doing shows at the Fringe - you can check out my Canadian tour athttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Rob-FireNix/127237665647
Look forward to seeing you guys.
If anyones interested I may run some workshops - Poi: beginers-advanced, Staff: Single-Triple, Swinging Clubs: beginers-advanced,
Whips single/double, juggling etc.... Im a trained teacher aswell as performer and have taught Community Circus too.
Or we could just hang out and have a play!! inbetween my shows that is!!
Look forward to meeting the locals

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

bbrittaneePoi + Hoop
21 posts

Posted:
Im down for that .. Forsuure.

-- When we communicate with one another and we feel that we have connected and we think we’re understood.. i think we have a feeling of almost spiritual communion…
I think it’s what we live for ♥

FlemdrixGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Hey all, I just started, literally last week!
Would love to meet all you wonderful spinners at some point.
Much love

KRYSTLE!stranger
1 post

Posted:
I am looking for a group to spin, play, anythign really for my friends 30th bday, just at the beach, for fun, any level msg me...

ravergirl05stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey,

I've been spinning for over a year now in Ottawa and there is a group of us who spin every tuesday at the brittania beach during the summer time. We just chill and spin theirs also staffing and hulla hoop etc...

Spin, spin, spin then spin some more ^_^

FlemdrixGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Thanks ravergirl!
Yeah I have a few friends who told me about Brittania beach Tuesdays, I should definitely check it out, though I'm not ready for fire just yet, I'm sure I could just come along with some glow or sock and meet all the wonderful people...and of course, a few extra moves would be great to add the repertoire.
Thanks again!

RaverjamesSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hello All,

I've been spinning on and off for about 3 or 4 years. Nothing too great, but a passion none the less.

Moved from Calgary last year and would love to meet up and spin with some new and exciting people.

Just ordered some Pendulum Poi, very excited to try em out as I'm used to Glow sticks and chains.

Cheers grin

FlemdrixGOLD Member
stranger
3 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any indoor Winter spin jams?
I figure that Brittannia beach is done now (unfortunately I wasnt able to make it out this summer).
Would still love to meet some Ottawa spinners, and share moves, and fun times.
If any facility/night ends up happening in the Winter, let me know!
All the best!

Nick PoetSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
I am in Ottawa too, am I am a begginer at poi, but i am pretty good at juggling 3 balls, and almost 4.