Forums > Help! > Other video tutorial formats

Login/Join to Participate

CurarSILVER Member
Trying to maintain my sanity.
4 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know where i can find good tutorial videos? For some reason the ones here stop playing after a few seconds and wont download any further. Im NAVY and deployed on a ship. I don't have access to youtube.com and i think theres a problem with our server that won't let me download the entire video.

Is there anywhere else i can find these videos but in a different format like a .wav or another? Poi is really thing the only thing thats keeping me from cracking.

FearpigSILVER Member
member - tee hee "member"
279 posts

Posted:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=poi+videos&meta=

There are lots of sites out there smile

But I'm sure there will be a poi spinner along shortly to direct you a little better! Good luck smile

"Whats wrong with the cat?" - Mrs Schrödinger

CurarSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
Ya ive pretty much seen everything i can on google. no body posts any tutorials of the more advanced moves on their and i cant go to like metacafe or truveo.

I did download the .flv file but havnt had any luck being able to download the player. Security bit to high. Guess im just screwed till i get home.

I was hoping to see the catseye in motion cause im not quite sure i understand what they mean. but no luck. Ill keep trying.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Can't help you on non-youtube videos, Curar... but since you said the cateye motion in particular I made this for you...

https://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l359/mother_Natures_Son/Cateye.jpg

Hope that helps. smile

hug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
VLC player (www.videolan.org ) will play FLVs for you and shouldnt flag any security alarms.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
:ditto: VLC is the shizniz, VLC Portable is even better. Stick it on a memory stick and no install needed.
Dupes my companies security anyway... wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

CurarSILVER Member
4 posts

Posted:
AHa! Succes. I did a bad thing and kinda stole a bunch of bandwith and was able to download them. Thanks for the VLC tip. I didn't realize it could play those. Thanks lotz!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hey NAVY - could you have your mates shoot a vid of you playing Poi on that vessel?

AND post it out there on YouTube (by the time you're back)?

Thanks

smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
unless you would get yourself in trouble that is (for filming on a military vessel)... wink

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
One of the all time greats of the poi tutorial... live and on the net is Nick Woolsey. He has a great website at Playpoi with tutorials for all levels. His DVDs are worth getting too, available from HoP easy peasy.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Even though they're embedded on his page they're still youtube.

hug