Forums > Social Discussion > Magie Alvarez Calleja aka Maddi, Maiuki

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately it turned out to be true

our sister Maddie fell victim in a car bombing in Yemen...

Maddi, we will always remember you, your smile and the warmth of your heart.

We all heart and miss you terribly...

Non-Https Image Link

Thanks Jonathon, for the beautiful pictures that you took you're an amazing photographer.

Thanks all for love and support, that goes out to Maddi's family, Ronan and all the other close friends. I guess there is nobody out there who knew her and not got struck by her cheerful personality.... ubbcrying

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1183814228)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hug to Ronan, Ma'tina and Drew

It still drives me to tears...

Celso: It's a very nice offer and I will contact you, as soon as someone has built a website and provided some content in the first place...

*whispers: anyone willing to invest some time to set up the website? As I said all the way: Apart from not knowing how it works, I am having more projects than I can handle myself at the moment... please? I heard using templates makes things a lot easier and faster...*

AurinkoBRONZE Member
hello!
1,034 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

*whispers: anyone willing to invest some time to set up the website? [...] I heard using templates makes things a lot easier and faster...*

all the German speakers might want to check out this website
even I managed to build my own website with the templates and instructions given there ... so it has to be at the "for dummies"-level

a swapped test-playboy, set free by NOn, idolizing the tea fairy; Dragosani spiritual freedom agreement reached 18th Sept 2006

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
 Written by: FireTom

hug to Ronan, Ma'tina and Drew

It still drives me to tears...

thx for the hug firetom...me too...and i think ronan wanted to take care of building up a website....i just cant get in touch with him at the moment!

btw: has anyone got the adress of magies family in spain, basque country, zarautz???? or ronans in ireland??? .....i made a shortfilm of magie with some nice memories.....and i urgently would love to send it to ireland and spain as well!!!

cheers in advance,

peace and love,

tina

kisses to magie and everyone else who has known and loved her.....or who still does as i do!

grouphug

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Still in ubblove with her, re- hug

you may try to contact _Clare_ she might know more about Ronans' whereabouts...

Thanks for the link, Kath smile hug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ronan's in Berlin... as far as I know smile

The website is a lovely idea, and will happen in time, no doubt...

But keeping her alive in your memory is just as important hug

Getting to the other side smile

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@aurinko: thx for the link sista,....hope you are well and see you on friday hug

kisses to you........

@firetom: me tooooooooo, she is/was my best friend/sista.......and is always on my mind.....hug back again wink

@clare: thx for the info....andy-honey contacted me already....found everyone and everything i need for the moment, cheers....btw: magie is not only in my memory...she is even in my dreams.....!!! sometimes wonderful, sometimes quite confusing!

@drew: and this was one of the mails she wrote to me after she has been at my place before i got lost in my final exams, after which we wanted to meet up again, but i finished university on 29th june......the rest you know:

07/02/07 02:32 PM

Hi lovely!!

Wanted to thank you for a beautiful time over germany, your hospitality and kindness were awesome, you really made me feel great and welcomed.

So THANKX!!! Hope to see you soon around here or there,. .

Take it easy and try to don´t stress much (even if I know is difficult).

Look afetr yourself, and don´t forguet how beautiful person you are!!

hugs and kisses

Peace and Love

maiuki, the teddy bear

....and i miss her soooooo terribly... ubbcrying hug ubbcrying...see you later, guapa!
EDITED_BY: ma'tina (1194016496)

- Ho Sa -

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
damn I miss her today. Sometimes I just can not beleive she is dead. I need support, and she had this way of being there for me, without me even asking. she would just offer what was needed. It was so reassuring, to know she was out there doing her thing, and her thing was such a good thing.
i am sorry for not making sense. Just really tired and missing a dear friend who brought me a lot of joy and hope.

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Hey all,

I heard this song again today and had to think of this thread. Here goes:

Guillemots - Trains to Brazil

It's 1 o'clock on a Friday morning
I'm trying to keep my back from wall,
The prophets and their pawns have had another success
I'm wondering why we bother at all

And I think of you on cold winter mornings
Darling they remind me of when we were at school
Nothing really mattered when you called out my name
In fact Nothing really mattered at all

And I think about how long it will take them to blow us away
But I won't get me down
I'm just thankful to facing the day
Cos days don't get you far when you're gone

It's 5 o' clock on a Friday morning
One hundred telephones sit and ring
One of them’s from someone who knew you...

And I still think of you on cold winter mornings
Darling they'll still remind me of when we were at school
When they could never have persuaded me that lives like yours were in the hands of these erroneous fools

And to those of you who moan your lives through one day to the next
Well, let them take you to next
Can't you live and be thankful you're here?
see it could be you tomorrow, next year

(here's a bit of song analysis - apparently the title got changed to "trains to brazil" when de Menezes was shot in London https://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858564117)

It's got a very weird video clip, too, I'm sure you'll find it on youtube... basically the band are playing to a bunch of very bored-looking schoolkids who don't understand a thing of what they're saying about how you should be thankful for your life as long as it lasts. A strange mix of sad and hopeful things.

Big hugs to all of you xx

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@andrea: hug hug hug me too, i miss her so much, she even was there for me/one when on a different continent....and at the moment i am surrounded by strange people too often, people who stress and mob around all the time......then i miss her even more.....and btw andrea, you make sense, at least to me....hug

kiss

peace and love and mucho hugs to you honey......,
tina
xxx

- Ho Sa -

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
(okay let's keep it nice)

I would donate the domain www.maiuki.org to anyone who sends me a PM and is actually interested to put content on it.

meditate

[/edit]

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
in rememberance of Maddie, sorry that I con't make the time to design an adequate website for you, sweetheart...

You're not forgotten.

That last post of mine has been one year ago and as I didn't receive any response, today I cancelled ownership of www.maiuki.org

The domain is still paid for till end of this year.

Love you angel

hug

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Greetings to all from Maddi´s home in Zarautz. Its now just a couple of days past the 2 year anniversary of her death. Spent the day with her family, returning to where we spread her ashes in the sea and chucking some flowers and her favorite jelly snakes in to join her.
Its been so intense to return here, stay once again in her room, see her clothes and things, her poi hanging on the wall, see her family and friends. Its still so sad and so difficult to realise she´s gone.

The collage of photos is amazing! Nice one Tina and all that were involved in that - Maddi´s family love it, and they send their thanks and love to all of ye, and to all that have posted on this forum.

Hey Tom, nice one on the website, afraid I never got off my arse and got into it. MAybe another time.

So I´m on my way to EJC in Vitorria Gasteis, something Maddi was so excited about whn she heard of it hapening here in BAsque country a few years ago.

love to all

grouphug

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Ronan - hug must be hard to go over this again and face the fact.

Would you please inform her family that such a domain exists?

I feel it's not up to us to create this space (which is why it didn't happen so far) but only to contribute content and comment.

lots of love

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hi Ronan smile

Hope you enjoyed EJC... and that returning to Maddi's family was comforting too... it's nice to feel close again to what was lost, eh?

Thinking bout you mister
x

Getting to the other side smile

Page: ...