Forums > Social Chat > Eurovision Double-Staffers

Login/Join to Participate

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:So Finland has got two pretty nifty double staff spinners on stage.

Check it out!.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete Topic

Mr Majestik
Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you
Total posts: 4693
Posted:linky?

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Tommi and Anti? grin

Delete

Firetramp
Firetramp

old hand
Total posts: 896
Posted:Nah, that ws couple of years ago ;-)

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Delete

Dom
Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3009
Posted:Ironic that it'd be Finland with staff spinners on stage and not use their finest. Oh well, at least they were adequate and suitably cheesy!

Delete

Mr Majestik
Mr Majestik

coming to a country near you
Total posts: 4693
Posted:someone mention cheese? yom! grin

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Delete

Dom
Dom

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3009
Posted:Check it:

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Total posts: 2418
Posted:Guess they didn't want patterned flameys taking too much away from the music?

hug

Delete

mcp
mcp

Flying Water Muppet
Total posts: 5276
Posted:They look like models turned fire spinners. With only maybe 1% of antti's skill. They were as far as I can tell, dropless, and clearly shirtless which is what they were paid for. Shame about their tiny flames and kinda bad choreography.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

MikefromGlos
MikefromGlos

Hitman
Total posts: 985
Posted:must say eurovison love anything like this

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:Originally Posted By: UnscrupulousChavOffersFootTommi and Anti? grin

Originally Posted By: DomIronic that it'd be Finland with staff spinners on stage and not use their finest. Oh well, at least they were adequate and suitably cheesy!

I thought that too at first. The commentator was all "finest performers in Finland" or something and I was all "Holy smokes! The Rubber Heart Duo?".

But nah. Disappointing really frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Originally Posted By: Fine_Rabid_DogThe commentator

Graham Norton literally sucks ba11s.

I really dislike him frown

Delete

mcp
mcp

Flying Water Muppet
Posted:really? I thought he did an excellent turn at pretending to be terry wogan. He made me laugh.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Delete

NikoFLOW

Total posts: 27
Posted:Got to tell you something. That's me on the stage. Do you guys really think that it is worth to put some difficult juggling patterns on the eurovision stage when you are ment to be backround visuals and take cameracontacts. That wasn't our show it was waldo's show. What comes to size of flames. There is pretty strict rules on the stage and staffs must be almost dry. They claim for zero drops. What comes to the cheesy shirtless style that's what you are paid for... after all it a eurovision !

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Posted:I dont think anyone said anything about juggling patterns.

I'd have liked to see some sort of doubles pattern other than swirly swirly swirly swirl, but as I said earlier, they probably wouldnt have wanted that since you're just backing up the vocal performers.

hug

Delete

NikoFLOW

Posted:Originally Posted By: Mother_Natures_SonI dont think anyone said anything about juggling patterns.

I'd have liked to see some sort of doubles pattern other than swirly swirly swirly swirl, but as I said earlier, they probably wouldnt have wanted that since you're just backing up the vocal performers.

Well I mentioned the juggling patterns because that's what we mostly do....

Delete

mcp
mcp

Flying Water Muppet
Posted:chill man, getting paid is what's important.

and getting on tv, also fun.

Delete

Mother_Natures_Son
Mother_Natures_Son

Rampant whirler.
Posted:Fair enough, Niko. I have very little comment overall.. I'm a poister much more than a staffer.

hug

Delete

=Flashpoint=
=Flashpoint=

Pasta of Muppets
Total posts: 2719
Posted:Originally Posted By: mcpchill man, getting paid is what's important.

Hear Hear!

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Delete

NikoFLOW

Posted:Ohh.. I almost had forgot this topic... so here is something for you from these two pretty nifty double staff male spinners

Delete

dividson
stranger

Total posts: 1
Posted:LOL.. According to this "With only maybe 1% of antti's skill and that video". MCP has to be really bad at maths or Antti has solid atleast seven staff shower or something like that nowdays. Well done Niko.. really amazing!

Delete

NathanielEverist
NathanielEverist

enthusiast
Total posts: 315
Posted:Hey, so far as background stage performances go, i was quite impressed. You guys have definitely got skills, and from watching just the eurovision video, that was obvious, because while you didn't do anything too crazy, the fact that you were doing some of the stuff you were with enough confidence not to drop at all was impressive, because a drop could've been disasterous! Imagine if it rolled onto the leg of one of the singers, she freaks out and stops singing and starts screaming, but the singing voicetrack continues... that would've been terrible for all, I think you did a great job, and I know you can't judge somebody's skill from this sort of performance, because often you're told to keep it simple so as not to detract from the focus.

EDIT: Just watched the video you posted, amazing stuff. If you were doing that in the eurovision performance, the audience would've forgotten there were even people singing on stage. Great staff juggling, what circus school is that you're training at?

EDITED_BY: NathanielEverist (1271807079)

Delete

NikoFLOW

Posted:Thanks, Finally here is people who understand that there is difference to have own gig or backround gig and there is a difference in doing show in eurovision stage or show in the park. I have been performing seven years now and there is hundreds of small things you need to consider before performing in eurovision stage.
EDITED_BY: NikoFLOW (1272040602)

Delete