Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ok,

full arm plane breaking butterflies.

mounting unassisted

idling for nearly 2 seconds!

ok, so the last two are unicycling, but i dont realy get to juggle as my hand still isnt better frown

and its comming up for winter so even if i could juggle I couldent, cos its too windy. frown

but uncycling gets me nice and toasty.. biggrin

T wave

*wanders off dreaming of unicycling*

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
441 solid with clubs.
3 club shower, with doubles, solid. Out of cascade, and back into.
... and 31 catches of 4 clubs!

Willy - is bad for your health...

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
ooh, will (6x,0)(0,6x) is mental, theres me thinking the 50505 was hard:-)

can i have some cake?

Juggling isn't useless, It just isn't useful.

Neural Coding is Idiosyncratic:-)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I dont know.. have you got any?

umm

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I will tomorrow wink

yep (6x, 0) (0, 6x) is great. I have been doing it loads in 3b bouncing, and last night i tried in 3c. ubbrollsmile

Did some stealing last night night, it was fun.

offtopic and I saw someone stealing today, but it was in tesco and they didn't notice...

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Happy Birthday HExagonic!!!!

big hugs for the tall one.

hope we get to say hello before you say goodbye

I have your royksopp cd

nothing to do with juggling I know. but hes more likely to read this than his PM's....

hug T

-><- Kallisti

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hug i've bee meaning to call Sylvia - did u get any of my text messages? Can you send me a copy of Nek with Royksopp please...I miss Italian Music!! PM sometime...

Me and Martin passed rings last night, but it wasn't that great frown

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

1,019 posts

Posted:
I've been trying 5 clubs today. I've had several pseudo-flashes. I've managed to throw all five up, no collisions, all double spin, and catch them all within my arms. The first three land in the correct hands, the later two I caught by clasping my arms around them.

The pattern feels MUCH nicer than that of 4 clubs, and it's not as painful.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Mucking about with my clubs down the pub, I pulled off what I think is a (6x,4x) in the wall plane, where the 6x is thrown reverse as a double and the 4x is thrown forwards as a single. It feels nice. I can't keep it going yet though smile

If you throw it with 3 clubs, you can throw the 3rd club in between the 2 sync clubs. It would be even nicer if you threw the syncs as a triple and a single with the other club as a double.

Hopefully that makes sense somewhere along the line...

"Take that, math!"

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Finally the box... not great at the moment but I can keep it going for a bit some of the time which is good, because it's been a bitch to get the synchronous throws going!

"Moo," said the happy cow.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
ohoh. getting the box was crucial for me, got me back into jugging, well done spiral. biggrin

T wave

-><- Kallisti

1,019 posts

Posted:
I might try to learn box with clubs...

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
ooh, well done spiral, the box is a mega wickidy juggling trick. If you want it to get proppa solid have a go at this. Its great fun, its kinda like doing a sync shower twice and then swapping directions, whist moving your upper body to give the "illusion" of there being two boxes. it an asynch world it turns into 51414 which is great for getting in and out of the 51. thats right isn't it?

:-)

wow, the jugglewiki site is looking nice and new and sparkley ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1130184125)

'Do you like dry cerial? Hope so because we've drunk your milk. Yours Sincerely, Your Neighbourhood Milk Thief'

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
441 in flats
tapbacks
smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MegafishBRONZE Member
lurking...
208 posts

Posted:
441 in flats and tapbacks? are those the thingys where you give the head of the club a wittlwle slap when yo catch it so that it does an extra wittlwle bit of spinninging before you catch it and chuck it up again for propper?

(does that even make sense to me? let alone anyone else?)

and is that 441 tap backs?

if it is then it is very silly, and i am very impressed (441 flats and tapbacks does imply a very high magnitude of sillyness, surpassable only by the inclusion of a rubber chicken)

i had a go at adding the occasional penguin catch with four balls earlier today, and was plesantly suprised with just how silly 534 and 633 turned out, i haven't managed any 5 ball penguining so far but its a nice thought. not quite as silly as 441 tapbacks, but its a start.

got started on throwings 1's behind my back, they're quite fun in 51 and 441; 531 with a backcross on the 1 is proving a wittlwle bit tricky, 501 is do-able but needs work, will require further investigation. whats the general consensus on Mills Mess backcrosses? i've been giving it some serious thinking over the last few weeks and it all seems quite silly, was considering how complicated a 315 MM with the 1 as a backcross would be and it seemed quite silly, not quite as silly as if it was performed whilst wearing gigantastic clown shoes but we can't all juggle in paradise can we? chuck some high backcrosses in and it seems like the perfect place to do a rather silly pirouette, don't you agree?

hmm, seems like i've been rather silly enough for one evening, i might wander off and post some more random nonsense somewhere else on HOP for a while now, seeya all later:-) ubbrollsmile

pat x
EDITED_BY: Megafish (1130197735)

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Written by: Megafish

ooh, well done spiral, the box is a mega wickidy juggling trick. If you want it to get proppa solid have a go at this. Its great fun, its kinda like doing a sync shower twice and then swapping directions, whist moving your upper body to give the "illusion" of there being two boxes. it an asynch world it turns into 51414 which is great for getting in and out of the 51. thats right isn't it?

:-)

Yoiks, I still can't properly get my 531, the 51414 might have to wait a while wink

"Moo," said the happy cow.

1,019 posts

Posted:

441 in flats and tapbacks? are those the thingys where you give the head of the club a wittlwle slap when yo catch it so that it does an extra wittlwle bit of spinninging before you catch it and chuck it up again for propper?

https://www.jugglingdb.com/videos/index.php?performer=32&text=Malte+Steinmetz

Download the second video. There's a trick on there where the clubs seem to be spinning halves, and get hit back as soon as they touch his hands. It's hand to describe. I *THINK* that's tapbacks.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: Puresock

I pulled off what I think is a (6x,4x) in the wall plane, where the 6x is thrown reverse as a double and the 4x is thrown forwards as a single.

That's a 5 club half shower in the wall plane F**king hardcore wink

or possible you ment (x4,x2)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:

and is that 441 tap backs?

Don't get carried away. I've just got tapbacks in 3c and 441 flats in 3c. NOT BOTH TOGETHER. eek

Lemonkey - yes they would be tapbacks. Toby Walker can famously do them in 4clubs. cool

T&B does them in 3c rather well too smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
1 catch of a 4b shower, the catch being the 1 biggrin

and 7 catches of 3 in one hand, its getting less catches but the pattern is less erratic and getting all circular smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Puresockaddict
406 posts

Posted:
Written by: T&B

Written by: Puresock

I pulled off what I think is a (6x,4x) in the wall plane, where the 6x is thrown reverse as a double and the 4x is thrown forwards as a single.

That's a 5 club half shower in the wall plane F**king hardcore wink

or possible you ment (x4,x2)

Ok, maybe not quite that biggrin Surely a half shower isn't synch though? It's something like a 3 club half shower in the wall plane, so yes, if's a (4x,2x) - I guess I had (6x,4) on the brain smile. Still rather nice.

My 5 ball is still rubbish. Grr. I juggled fire clubs lit for the first time in ages on Saturday night and pulled off chops and a 441 with them - woop.
EDITED_BY: Puresock (1130320347)

"Take that, math!"

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
(4x2x) in wallplane with 4x as wallplane flat is kiss ubblove

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
(4x2x) with 4x as wallplane flat is kiss ubblove

So good i had to post it twice!
EDITED_BY: Hexagonic (1130323992)

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

1,019 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I cannot do any tricks in wallplane. I suck at juggling clubs. frown

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
441 wallplane works for a couple of cycles now but gets wide really quickly.

wallplane inverse cascade is getting better but it still fries my brain.

also got 2 tapbacks in row for the first time ever.

bruised the tip of my thumb really nicely and sustained a chin hit while trying 4 clubs.

juggle shrug juggle

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
hug cole - get better soon hug

tapbacks are much easier if you move your hands fwd to meet big end of club and then tapback wink

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

T&B does them in 3c rather well too smile

very nice of you to say so smile

Puresock - half shower with an odd number of item is generaly a scyn siteswap but with 3 ball/club nobody ever does it scyn partly cos it would be exactly the same as a scyn shower. but this is all technical cr*p which just goes to show siteswaps don't explan all of juggling by any means.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

bruised the tip of my thumb really nicely and sustained a chin hit while trying 4 clubs.

4 clubs has destroyed my thumbs. I've given up learning it, and progressed to five clubs... I can release them all well now!

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
its the whole thing of learning to juggle with the clubs pointing outwards that is holding me back i think.

after about 8-10 catches, i start throwing them too straight-on and then my hand starts getting beatings frown

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Written by: coleman

after about 8-10 catches, i start throwing them too straight-on and then my hand starts getting beatings frown

try columns...much easier.

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

Page: ......