Page: 1...1516171819...21
arsn
arsn

How do you change this thing???
Total posts: 1903
Posted:To all Brisbane twirlers, on each Monday night there is a practice twirl being held down in the South Bank Piazza. Beginners welcome as we are free to teach. Come to learn

Starts at 7:30... pm, and goes till around mid-night. See ya then.

Its all free and we would love to see you all there!!

hug hug hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Delete Topic

steaks
steaks

former manc tour guide
Total posts: 1909
Posted:Quite a few people regularly go to this, they just aren't that active on here.
There are half a dozen youth hostel a short distance from Roma Street Station. No idea what they are like. I think there are also a few out at Kangaroo Point and West bank

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
Total posts: 4030
Posted:Ya for sure, this is Monday Night Juggle Jam! It's not a workshop, its just people playing.. no guru no teacher no promises! There's usually a bunch of hip hop kids too and assorted jugglers and passers through. SOmetimes its small, sometimes big. HoPers are Ry, me, gita and guy, jen/sureau.. and basstones and Misguided Joel Oracle elke MoonubblovePixie and allsorts really.

if for some reason the Piazza is being used, we go down to the Busker's Pitch at the artificial beach about a block away.

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1196322591)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

Sprocket
Sprocket

Total posts: 140
Posted:Yay, I'm heading to Brisbane soon. I'll meet you on Monday nights!!! Anything else worthwhile going to from now till New Year? Any trancy kind of parties? What a about the moon fest at Shorncliffe?

Looking forward to meeting you.
Julia

hm, pinecones, my favourits!

Delete

GitasGuy
GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2303
Posted:Moonfest has been cancelled for sometime now. Unfortunately sprocket as it was an great event.

And Gabe..... what about me!!! frown wink

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Delete

Basstones
Basstones

Do you do the poiz?
Total posts: 530
Posted: Written by: Sprocket

Yay, I'm heading to Brisbane soon. I'll meet you on Monday nights!!! Anything else worthwhile going to from now till New Year? Any trancy kind of parties? What a about the moon fest at Shorncliffe?

Looking forward to meeting you.
Julia

Trancy style events would best be found on oztrance.net Lots of doofs and indoor parties coming up soon but far too many to mention individually smile

Moonfest has been cancelled as paul said frown The full moon gathering at davies park is going again and I thought there was a new gathering started out at shornecliffe by one of the drumming crews?

Tuesday nights there is firetwirling at Mowbray park. There is a thread about this one as well smile

Oh and the last few juggle jams have been great fun biggrin Not too bad to have a change from the piazza for a couple of weeks juggle weavesmiley

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

Posted: Written by: Sprocket

Anything else worthwhile going to from now till New Year?

Large numbers of excellent spinnners, musicians, artists, circus bods and other lovely people will be at Woodford Festival It really is the main thing going on around Bris here before New Year...20 venues for 6 days...though about the only thing NOT on offer there is trance. ubbrollsmile

However we run an excellent all day half the night community circus venue called Circadia with mulitple workshops, play space, fire etcetc.
If you haven;t been beofre its worth paying and just going nuts with all there is to do at . There are still some volunteer spots left too if you want to work your passage...

Delete

Basstones
Basstones

Do you do the poiz?
Posted:How embarrassing! I completly forgot to mention woodford ubbloco

Gabe, do you know if there will be any new years celebrations in circadia la last year? Very fun setup you had there smile Especially with all of kyles latest and greatest gadgets biggrin

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

Posted: Written by: GitasGuy

And Gabe..... what about me!!! frown wink

redface
And basstones and Misguided Oracle and MoonubblovePixie and allsorts really. ubbrollsmile

Post amended smile

Delete

GitasGuy
GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah
Posted:Hehehehe i should think so!!

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Total posts: 6120
Posted:Right, I'm definitely up for this! biggrin

Now I'm looking forward to the 20-hour train journey instead of flight (I'm not risking not being able to take my cache of staves!)

See you guys soon! Especially you Paul wink hug

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

GitasGuy
GitasGuy

Pooh-Bah
Posted:Hehehe i've been very slack with a sickly fiance lately. But we'll try and make it there again some day soon. Possibly before christmas.

Thanks for thinking of me Dave!! biggrin

Delete

miesta
miesta

Total posts: 101
Posted:Are the juggle jams just before Woodford popular? ie: monday 17th. Or is everyone too busy gearing up for Woodford?

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

Posted:Popular as always. Sometimes lots, sometimes few. I personally will be in Sydney that night, cos my dad is sick
If the Piazza is shut to us cos there is an event or something, we go down to the buskers pitch in the park next door.
Enjoy!
Gabe

Delete

Basstones
Basstones

Do you do the poiz?
Posted:I really like the JJ sessions around christmas, always some new and intersting faces smile Get to see whats new and cool from around the world bounce

Delete

gita
gita

.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
Total posts: 3776
Posted:yay! dave is finally coming to brisvegas!! biggrin bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! grin it confuses people!

Delete

Parafinfairy
Parafinfairy

old hand
Total posts: 845
Posted:Woohoo can't wait to get back and see you guys again, it will be a few weeks but not long to go now. Hope I still recognise people, its been 2 years now since I've been!!

hug kiss

Lexie

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Delete

gita
gita

.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
Total posts: 3776
Posted:wooh! & a lexie too!!! bounce

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! grin it confuses people!

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:The Brits are invading Brisbane.

We're taking it back for the motherland for a jar of Nutella...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Delete

.:* Moon Pixie *:.

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3492
Posted:Hey*:.

the word was going around last night at juggle, that we might all get together down at shorncliffe for Christmas Eve (which also happens to be .:*full moon!*:.)

Being next week's Juggle Jam Night, thought i should mention it here so you lovely traveling people don't turn up to Southbank when the rest of us are down on the beach for a fire play and festive frolick about at Shorncliffe...

Unless of course you are just there to see break-dancers wink

We can actually light up down at the beach too ubblove which will be lovely... and i thought we could set up a few candles and things around the the lil cubby house and hangout in there biggrin ubblove grouphug

...also just like to say, this is *not* moonfest... just a lil Cubbyhouse Christmas Eve party at Shorncliffe.... that happens to be full moon biggrin

for directions .... i'm sure there's something in one of the old moonfest threads (as it's the same park: Moora Park, Shorncliffe Beach) ...the closest train station is Shorncliffe (1/2 hour train trip north from Brisbane City Central) ...from there you walk up either Swan St ...or Palm Ave ...either of those will get you to Park Parade which Moora Park is on.. then just walk down the steps or parthway down the hill to the beach level, and you should see a big wooden cubby-house playground with fairy tealights and a bunch of hippies fire swirlin and jugglin and doing what hippies do smile grouphug weavesmiley juggle ubblol peace

ok... that should just about do it

See ya's next week*:.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:Only problem is that I might need to be at Woodford Site to start work early Christmas Day.

frown

Otherwise that sounds lovely!

Delete

FireNix
FireNix

old hand
Total posts: 904
Posted:If im around next Monday I shall deffinately come along.
Wanted to last night but still recovering from 40 hr journey to get to Briz!!
Looking forard to seeing all you lovely folk, if not Xmas Eve then Woodies?
Love and Peas

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

Delete

Basstones
Basstones

Do you do the poiz?
Posted:Shall do my best to make it, but with a family christmas dinner that night it could be tricky! Sounds amazing though

Delete

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3492
Posted:for anyone who missed my last post on the page before... Juggle Jam is not at Southbank this week... well at least most of the usual crew that go to juggle jam are planning to gather down at Shorncliffe instead, for a *one off* Christmas Eve Full Moon Cubby house party... thing. grouphug

...just in case it got lost in the page before as i wouldn't want lovelies to miss out on the love and mush and festive goodness*:. ubblove grouphug weavesmiley juggle hug2 ubbloco

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Delete

Neon_Shaolin
Neon_Shaolin

hehe, 'Member' huhuh
Posted:Ooooh, it's gonna be my first juggle jam tonight...

What time is everyone arriving?

I'm only in the hostel over the bank...

See you guys later tonight... hug

Delete

ferrous
ferrous

Total posts: 55
Posted:i'm planning to come along tonight. i'll be bringing the little fella (four years old) with me since he so loved watching everyone doing their stuff in the circadia tent at woodford. i hope he enjoys it.

i'd better bring along his diabolo in case he wants to join in the action. he doesn't really know how to use it, but he gets full marks for trying. smile

when i grow up, i want to be a circus freak.

Delete

newgabe
newgabe

Posted:And to remind everyone that if the Piazza is booked out for a function we meet at the buskers pitch by the Southbank lagoon. There is a bit of covered cafe area there too in case of rain.

Delete

ferrous
ferrous

Total posts: 55
Posted: Written by: newgabe

And to remind everyone that if the Piazza is booked out for a function we meet at the buskers pitch by the Southbank lagoon. There is a bit of covered cafe area there too in case of rain.

is there a landmark nearby so we can find the busker's pitch if need be? i know you've said south bank lagoon, but i'm not sure which bit is the lagoon. there are several water type areas ..

when i grow up, i want to be a circus freak.

Delete

The Misguided Oracle
The Misguided Oracle

the floor is a sea of tigers...
Total posts: 404
Posted:There are 3 water type areas, and the lagoon is the one that has sand.

"My body is a well tuned machine... It just needs a competent driver." - ?

Delete

hamamelis
hamamelis

nut.
Total posts: 756
Posted:At least we're an easy group to find.. wink

It doesn't look like the piazza's booked out anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.. (I was there 10 minutes ago)

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Delete

Pogo69
Pogo69

there's no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness
Total posts: 3764
Posted:well... there's a surprise... I didn't make it, after all... I am seriously beginning to wonder if I'll ever make it back to juggle jam...

why, to a 13yo, does "be home by dark... we're going out tonight", turn into "being found wandering home some time after 9pm, after the grown-ups (kinda) have started to get more than a lil bit worried"?

should we have been more specific? given the exact quality of darkness...? or mentioned that we meant dark AEST (australian eastern standard time)...? </facetiousness>

--pogo (pat) [forever and always]

Delete

Page: 1...1516171819...21