Forums > Social Chat > My Own Personal Reflection on HOP

Login/Join to Participate

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Hello all,

My Name is Jacob (some of you may remember me when I frequented the forums years ago) I'm a 21 year old college student in Massachusetts. I've been coming to Home of Poi since I was 16 or 17 years old. I've purchased countless items and have been satisfied --over joyed really-- with every single one

I believe this is the only site I've ever been able to continually return to and gather new information, skills, and just have an overall sense of community even if I don't particularly participate in the forums (personally they overwhelm me)

In bouts of depression or hardships I've been able to return to HOP for support. Spinning Poi makes the Gloomies go away, so to speak, and without HOP I would not have learned such a great to reduce stress and solve the problem of restlessness.

But, I just want to thank everyone who participates and make Home of Poi better and better. I would personally like to thank Malcolm and all of his associates for moderating the site so well.

Thank you for supplying our community with knowledge and even products that we otherwise would not be able to obtain. I thank you, from the bottom of my heart for creating this world, the haven for Poi Spinners and enthusiasts alike.

Once again, thank you so much.

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
smile
EDITED_BY: Mr Majestik (1240982882)
EDIT_REASON: p.s i remember you :)

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
We rock.

I remember you also grin

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I have to agree that of all the online communities I've been involved in HoP is the friendliest.

The fact that HoP has been instrumental in the development of the scene from prop design (hyperlights & the flat concentrate handles instantly spring to mind) to style (the technical forums lessons and video's have pushed people's creativity in amazing directions) and even major events (I highly doubt that Play and Southern Lights would have the numbers they do without this community) is testament to this.

Definitely a good shout Mr R@v3r grin

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Yay- I have been Remembered. That's why I love coming back to HoP so much. People who spoke to in passing years ago remember you and people who you just meet immediately become your helpful friendly friends.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
yeah dude.. double remembered smile

HoP is pretty damn awesome hey bounce2

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I remember you too.

I think HoP has touched us all in different ways (Take that however you want wink )

But seriously, I hardly post or spin anymore but I remember how I felt when I did frequent the boards. I am grateful for the experiences and the people I've met through this community. HoP will always hold a special place in my heart smile hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
*communal self pat on back*

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
*group hugs all around?* I hardly spin anymore. When tried a few days ago it was so sloppy and clunky feeling. I want to get back to the way it use to feel. So- I'm to to start frequenting the tutorials for the first time in oh say- 3 or 4 years lol.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I know how you feel - I come back every few months to say hi, but my spinning has come to a halt because of world of warcraft. damnit!!!! arrrrgh!!!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I remember you too! Ditto on all accounts. I don't really spin anymore, mostly due to life, but I tend to go through phases. After a years drought of...well no spinning of anything at all, I've picked up hoop! Theres nothing that gets a tired spinner back in the mood like a new toy.New toy new toy! smile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hoops spin too wink
and very nicely that is

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink