Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
This is the official post for the singles in opposition to the love post!

(im going to laugh so much is Vanize makes a singles topic at the same time! lol!)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FelexSILVER Member
Destroyer of worlds and ooo shiny.
268 posts

Posted:
Ill kill for a coffee.

To be honest I love the single life I can do what I want whenever I want. If I wanted I could go to an airport purchase a ticket and just go. Its great! Then the night is dark none of your mates want to go out as they are spending time with there partners you say “ha enjoy the ball and chain!” then go home to your meal for one because its pointless preparing anything for just one person, and you slip into that dark place and go to bed at 9 because there is nothing better to do.……

Then you wake up and you’re the single one that all your mates say there jealous of again.

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Did someone say coffee? Some nice, fresh coffee would be awesome right about now

being single is great when you go out. You can flirt and do what ever you want. but going home to an empty house and waking up alone in bed sux. tho being in a relationship just to be in a relationship would be worse so I'm happily single for the time being.

fearless1BRONZE Member
stranger
18 posts

Posted:
im having a coffee right now smile hmmmmmmmmmm yum!!! nothin better then a coffee and a ciggie on a sat morn... i cherish my one day off!!

spin like your free..

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
I'm at the stage where I'm looking for a partner, a best friend who cuddles. The sex would be awesome, but the cuddles would be better, especially in the watches of the night when the shadows have ears and claws smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i still dont belong here... but click the thread cos i saw rouges name - and thought she might be back on the net - before realising that she was the originator of this thread rather than the last poster....

but Flashpoint - i used to have a best friends like that. was really awesome just sleeping together - but not necessarily being forced to have sex. ill admit tho - anyone having cuddles with a guy in the morning has to be pretty philosophical about...err... uncontrollable morning full-mast positions.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Re Defystranger
13 posts

Posted:
philosophy...ahh...
whats's in a hug?
Quite a lot really... alot alot! Lots of mmmm, and good energy flowing...
...Big comfy hotwater bottles are good too wink
(I never was much of a philosopher!)

They said I was mad, I said they were mad, they out-numbered me!

GaetwaySlow Child
6 posts

Posted:
I was about to ramble about philosophy, but i cought myself- *delete*- it was gettin long, Any way, I'm Will, hows everyone getting by?

A freind on fire, is probably a freind of mine.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
indeed. And it always seems bigger in the morning too. Dunno why.

Re Defystranger
13 posts

Posted:
well there you go...
Big willies in the morning...
Small ears at lunch time...
Medium sized cockles on the beach at dusk...
...What will the night have in store?

Re Defystranger
13 posts

Posted:
Gosh... that sounds like a thrilling night! I must be sure not to miss it! (I think the cockles on the beach at dusk are probably more entertaining!)
Lovely chatting with ya'all!

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
*selfish bump*

So I found myself in Japan a few weeks ago on a Scouting trip, and one of the (many) things I found different to Australian culture was their interest in my love life. Quite often when meeting a new group of people my own age I would have to explain that I wasn't seeing anyone, followed by questions about what kind of girls I like. This got me thinking to myself on what kind of relationship I'd like, and I came to the conclusion that one wasn't possible at this point in time.

My weekends are taken up with working at a restaurant, and the only nights I take off are for camps or other such commitments. During the week I'm busy studying for university or any of my other half-dozen projects. In order for me to commit fully to a relationship I would have to give up on at least one of these commitments, something I'm not willing to do right now.

Here's the crux: rationally I know I'm using that as an excuse. The hard truth is that I don't really WANT a relationship right now, and I'm not sure if I ever have. I've always been a shy and withdrawn person (there's a large discrepancy between my online and offline behaviour) and on top of that I never really understood all the rules and such of a relationship. So the question I put to anyone who bothered to read this all (or to the lazy buggers who skipped to the end of the sob story) is this - is it wierd or abnormal for me to not want a relationship? Am I being unrealistic in my hopes that I'll find a companion who feels the same way? Or should I just suck it up and find a girlfriend, even if my heart isn't in it?

Kupo!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Don't put something your heart isn't in... but also, don't be afraid of putting yourself into something.

It seems rather a lot like you're likely to be holding yourself back from something that could be great just because you don't feel like you know what to do, which is perfectly reasonable.

Short answer... no, its not abnormal to not really want anything for now, but don't let that stop you from going down roads that could turn out to be wonderful. You should also allow yourself to go halfway up a road, I think... travel far enough down a path so you can viably see what is around the corner. Don't let the turnoff to the deep, dark woods scare you.. theres often a beautiful pasture lying not far beyond what at first appears to be scary.

hug

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I don't think it's that abnormal, I spend a few years really not wanting a relationship- though that was after coming out of one and realising I'd spent the past 3 years trying to make someone else happy, and I really needed to figure out what I wanted before I became someone else's doormat. I'm more than a bit sick of it now though.. Being single has turned into more of a bad habit than anything.. I automatically turn guys down without even thinking...
So come to think of it, I'm probably not the best person to give relationship avdice wink

I don't think anyone actually understands the rules of relationships- I think the first rule is 'anything you do may suddenly become wrong without warning'.. grin

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm definitely not qualified to give relationship advice, given I started this thread and all, but I'm joining the bandwagon in saying it's not abnormal in the slightest.

You definitely shouldn't look for a girl if your heart isn't in it, and I'm of the opinion one should never *look* anyway. But just make sure you don't close yourself off and still keep options open.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: jarle - is it wierd or abnormal for me to not want a relationship?

Not at all.

There's a lot out there, in the media and in culture (as you've seen in Japan) that encourages people to think they should be or want a relationship or be couple/family-centric.

That in no way means you have to. You have every right to be self sufficient and not be in a relationship, and you should be happy about it if that's what you truly want smile Ironically, the ones that encourage you to look for someone are those who are unhappy themselves in their own relationships and want someone to relate to wink

Quote:
Am I being unrealistic in my hopes that I'll find a companion who feels the same way?

It's less common, but not unrealistic. I know of plenty of people who don't want relationships. Expect to broaden your scope of people to find that though, is all i'll say smile

Quote: Or should I just suck it up and find a girlfriend, even if my heart isn't in it?

No, no and no. tongue2
Nothing worse than getting yourself something your heart really isn't into only to crash it later. The emotional upheaval and lashing isn't worth it. Plus it can further cement your resistance to being in a relationship.

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

*Geo*SILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
if you want to remove the temptation to be in a relationship, I can highly recommend moving to whyalla. every girl in this town either has a partner and/or I wouldn't consider dating them. damn GFC forcing me to move from perth to whyalla!

But on the question of should you want a GF, when you find someone who you want to find time for in your busy schedule, that's when you should get into a relationship. Until then, keep doing what you're doing smile

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: *Geo*[...]when you find someone who you want to find time for in your busy schedule, that's when you should get into a relationship. Until then, keep doing what you're doing smile

Either that or find someone who is doing what you do already so that you do not really need to change your timetable. Although Geo's criteria is a pretty good one.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
have you considered.. a boyfriend? tongue2

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
The commute from Melb to Tassie might be a bit much for him, Majestik

hug

Wraith_DividendSILVER Member
Bunny Bane
205 posts
Location: i cant see because my head is up my posteria, Engl...

Posted:
i couldve sworn i posted here a while back.............

*leaves*

if life is for love then to love is to live
-
a quote from me!
-
god i love me
-
and i while typing this im just itching to get back to my toast
-
YAY TTTTOOOOAAAASSSSTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
-
oh and by the way you just lost the game

jarleGOLD Member
Lv15 Ranger
1,489 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the help guys, I'm a lot happier even now than when I last posted. I guess I just needed the reassurance that I wasn't going about this the wrong way.

Majestik, I don't have anything against Y chromosomes, but I'm definately after a girl tongue2

Kupo!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
back in here.... but as a single man backpacking in amsterdam am not over fussed about it wink

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I hope you got a good bargain... tongue2

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
*pokes his head out from the corner*

Yup, still here, and a little annoyed about Chester not having girls of about the same maturity level (not age) and nice enough to hang out with and sleep with, in both the literal and euphemistic use of the phrase.

grin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
*wakes up from a the pile of coats in the corner of the room*

are there people still in here? I thought everyone had gone!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
No-one ever leaves! They like to think they do sometimes, but it's just a phase that they go through tongue2