XeraansSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone!
While this is my first post here, I'm not that new to everything poi under the sun. I used to glowstring for a few years before I recently ordered my poi and moved to the more beautiful and heavier chained fire poi set.

Everything was going fine, had a few burns even, until last night. The little metal connector that inserts into the wick head seems to have unscrewed and the washer, nut, or whatever in there has moved slightly and I can't seem to realign them to repair it.

Is there an easy way to do this? Will I have to cut and resew it? If so, what sort of thread should I use?

I won't be able to check for replies for a while, since I'm internetless at the moment, so I'll go ahead and ask another question while I'm here.

What's the best way to store poi?

EDITED_BY: Xeraans (1240414722)

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Is there anyway to see photos of the heads? Also, what type of poi head (cathedral, monkey fist, tube core, some other knot) are they?

As for storage, I leave mine in their tin, which I leave in a well ventilated room.

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

XeraansSILVER Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
Sorry for waiting so long to reply, been having to help my parents move out. I haven't had contact from Malcolm yet, though that's probably for my lack of e-mail address.. not sure why it's not there, unless I accidently started a new account when I bought my poi. I'm pretty sure I entered a e-mail address then.

Anyway, back to the topic.

They are Cathedral head pois, with double-hoop leather handles and a twisted oval link chain, specifically this one: https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Cathedral-twisted-oval-link-FIRE-POI

I don't have a picture of the poi with me, but it wouldn't do much good as I found out the other day I am not missing two pieces due to the head flying off.

What happened specifically is the pin that screws down into the head had come unscrewed from what I guess is a nut or washer inside the head itself. The only visible part of this piece in the picture in the link aboce is the round head, which the chain connects to.

I thought my only problem was that I couldn't get the pin screwed back in, but upon further examination, the two washers (one fits into the other) on the top of the poi head where the pin enters are missing now. They flew off into some tall grass, in which I could not locate them.

So now my question is this;
Will I need to send them back in for repairs in order to have them fixed? Buy a new pair? Or is there a way I can purchase just the two washers and have instructions on how to get the pin to screw back into the poi head?

I thank you a lot for your fast replies, I'm just sorry I can't read them as fast.
Also, I should have my e-mail address in my profile now, should this need to be taken to e-mail.

And when storing the poi after a burn, do I need to re-soak them in feul to keep them from drying out? Or do I just leave them as is?

-Edit-

Still no word from anyone, and I see no one else has replied. Has anyone else ever had this problem with their poi?
I would really be glad if there was someway I could order those two washers that are now missing, or atleast be able to send the poi themselves off for repair.
EDITED_BY: Xeraans (1241814704)