philisweatlySILVER Member
life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
I have been looking everywhere for kero in my area and nobody has it. I went to a gas station and they said they did sell it, but I'm not sure if it really is kero. The pump (yes I got it from a pump) said Highway #1 Diesel on it. So I went back in and said "Is that pump right there the kero one?" and she said yes it was kero. So I don't want to risk it and ruin my poi and hurt myself. What kind of fuel did I buy do you think? Looking online they say #1 fuel or fuel oil is similar to kero but I'm just making sure. Thanks.

peace

haha

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
Hmmm

Well yes you can get kero from a pump we get it here but i don't know if it is called Highway #1 Diesel.

Could you try finding some lamp oil instead?

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

DyamiTKGOLD Member
beginner forever
159 posts

Posted:
What I've always been told is the Kerosene in the United States is impure and unreliable. Kerosene in the rest of the world apparently is good quality.
Here in California we use White Gasoline (Colmen's camp fuel) and Lamp oil (Ultra Pure).

DyamiTKGOLD Member
beginner forever
159 posts

Posted:
thefiregarden.com/forum/topics/what-fuels-do-people-use

life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
Yea I'm looking for lamp oil and colmen's camp fuel but no luck yet. I live a good distance from any big stores and all the smaller shops close to me don't have it. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard of highway #1 diesel or something like that and if it is ok to use.

haha

_Poiboy_PLATINUM Member
bastard child of satan
1,113 posts

Posted:
check camping supply stores for lamp oil/colemans. some gardening shops might have it too.

life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
the thing that sucks is I have to drive about an hour and 30 minutes to get to those types of stores. I know where and what kind of fuel to idealy get, but I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the fuel that I got.

haha

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
pour a little bit on the ground and try and light it, if it lights violently and really quick i would reccomend not using it to spin, if it lights slowly and puts up black smoke it should be kero and alright to use. Since yer in Iowa i would assume that kero from the pump is common because of all the farm land and such.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
thanks poje, I'll try that as soon as all the wind dies down. I'm getting very excited for my first burn!!!!!!!

haha