Page:
YorkshireSILVER Member
33 posts

Posted:
My buddy is like a one handed master, so the other day I had him do a trifoil single handed! I too just started doing these, and I gotta say, I've never seen anyone do anything so jaw dropping! We're gonna try to learn to do it with both hands! Now that would be truly amazing!

Danny_GOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
I challenge someone manage this with 2 poi in each hand, flower style...

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Doing a trifoil in each hand?! And do it flower style?! wonder eek shocked

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
By flower style I'm not certain what is meant, but do you mean making the trifoils pointed in such a way that two petals from each pattern are lined up vertically to create the illusion of a 4 petal flower?

hug

Danny_GOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
Sorry, it made sense to me. By 'this' I meant a one handed triquetra, where one poi is doing a long arm circle and the other a 3 petal antispin, with the handles coincident. Which is what I gathered the first post was about.

So, spin in your side planes. It would be a normal 3 petal antispin flower, but with an extra poi in each hand, so that the first two poi are doing antispin, while the other two poi are doing long arm circles.

Does that make more sense? I'm not great at moves with two poi in one hand, so there will be no demonstration video from me...

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Ahhh, same direction, same time arm movement so that if you named each poi doing extension "Deirdre" and each poi doing the antispin component "Peter"

And then you imagined one Deirdre and one Peter missing then it'd still be a trifoil pattern, no matter which Deirdre and which Peter was missing.

Is that correct, Danny?

I won't be pursuing it as 1 handed stuff really doesn't suit my style but for those who like 1 handed gear good luck. tongue2

hug

Danny_GOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
That's correct!

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Man I don't get it. video please Danny_... heheheh!

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

CyrikBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
place youreself in a cube ( an empty room is a good example )

you've got two kind of vertical planes : wall plane and side plane

wall plane is in front of you (the wall that you look at)
side planes are walls at your sides.

You can do flowers at wall planes as well as side planes (and few other planes - poi theoritics - write please if I'm wrong)
imagine normal 4 petal antispin flower that is soo cool and neat smile

( 2:53 )
now imagine that each hand does a trifoil instead of (this mentioned above) antispin flower (+1 poi at each hand is neded) at each sides - there are couple of variations of that trick

this is the clearest way I can describe it now (sorry if confusing)

mad trick smile
EDITED_BY: Cyrik (1242491999)

willworkforfoodjnrSILVER Member
Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Hehe - geeks tongue2

hug

Working hard to be a wandering hippie layabout. Ten years down, five to go!

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
hehehehe...

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
While we're on planes, extra marks to the first poi geek to manage the 4-poi-trifoil-flower thingy with 2 poi in the ceiling plane.

*runs off to hide in the staff forums*

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Cyrik, are you talking about doing it in side plane instead of wall?

You can do flowers in wall plane, if they're same direction your arms will get crossed up, I made a tutorial on these a while back.

One big comment on the use of the term "Trifoil"

A trifoil refers to three petals, usually of an antispin flower. This thread is about a trifoil/extension hybrid. It may seem a little pedantic but Cyrik said above that "each hand should do a trifoil instead of an antispin flower" Thing is, a trifoil IS an antispin flower and doing what you said there would result in the illusion of 6 petals.

Creates a little confusion in that regard. I've heard this movement called a number of things, triquetra, mercedes etc. And these are all fine, but I do have a beef with those names as well since it implies you can't do a 4 petalled flower in that same hybrid (which you can)

hug

astonSILVER Member
Unofficial Chairperson of Squirrel Defense League
4,061 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: willworkforfoodjnrWhile we're on planes, extra marks to the first poi geek to manage the 4-poi-trifoil-flower thingy with 2 poi in the ceiling plane.

That sounds hard....

'We're all mad here. I'm mad, you're mad." [said the Cat.]
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or you wouldn't have come here."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

CyrikBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
oh my big apologize Mother_Natures_Son - didn't mean to confuse anybody - post is already edited not to create confusion(i hope smile )

Yeah I ment side planes instead of wall plane.
Today I manged to make that trick ( 4 poi two hands ,hand move in split time on sideplane mercedes/trifoil/one poi antispin 3 petal flower, secound poi extension hybrid) and I'm ultra happy smile

as for possibilities what geometrical shapes you can do with these - you can make an ilusion of 3-6 petal flowers as far as i imagine - it depands how you place the circles in it- correct me if I'm wrong.

If my words are incorrect - sorry smile I can't describe tricks so well yet in english smile

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: astonOriginally Posted By: willworkforfoodjnrWhile we're on planes, extra marks to the first poi geek to manage the 4-poi-trifoil-flower thingy with 2 poi in the ceiling plane.

That sounds hard....

Sounds like you'd have to be able to get the poi to pass through your body in order to actually do it. Or have them very short.

Cyrik, no need for apologies at all.

Nice work on the movement. I tend to refer to the movement as a trifoil-extension hybrid. grin

While I can't do it it should be theoretically possible to create the illusions of 3, 4 and 6 petals.

3 is if each pattern traces over the same area as the other, 6 is if the patterns are completely turned upside down from one another and 4 is if the patterns are separated and two petals from each side share positions.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. smile

hug

CyrikBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
you can do 5 petal version -

the circle in the middle is actualy two circles nicely drove one over another

it's like having 4 petal version
and put it the other way smile

aaaaargh can't show it now more clear and I'm in a hurry right now smile hope to update it later on smile

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Oooh. Nice one. That could be applied to two poi as well!

hug

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
hehehe... i'll stick to 2 poi for now...

CyrikBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
latest sunday smile

two weeks of training to nail that trick smile
EDITED_BY: Cyrik (1242644993)

Danny_GOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
Well done Cyrik! I didn't think I would see that done...

In answer to Mother_Natures_Son and willworkforfoodjnr, The atomic version (with 2 of the poi in horizontal/ceiling plane) is definitely possible!

Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I'll take your word on it, Danny_. I can't seem to get my brain to register it properly.I either see the poi getting tangled or them having to pass through your body... or as I said, have them very short. But I'll have to take your word for it.

And Cyrik, I didn't actually think I'd see it either! Nice work, man! Next time you could try standing on the ground rather than a wall though, might make it easier. grin

hug

Hunting robot foxes
1,046 posts

Posted:
Its possible? I misunderestimated you, which rocks grin

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
every time i try one handed trifoil, one poi goes rogue and eventually finds its way into my hanging natural, organic balls.

Cyrik, i got stiffnecked for watching your video over and over just to get it visualized into my coconut.

CyrikBRONZE Member
32 posts

Posted:
Heh sorry guys for posting that vid in wrong plane wink

the truth about it is that I posted a thread at polish forum about poi trick race - there was limitation of two weeks and fortunatly I made it smile i posted that topic after Danny's proposition so thanks man for inspiration smile

I think that's the proof that you can learn anything when you plan your training well smile

extra hint - when you do taht trick i n wall plane - it's easier, also in side plane it's easier to do it hands- same time)

thanks for comment's guys smile

Page: