Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I know Shpongle is popular on here so I thought I'd mention a group I've just discovered called Younger Brother. I just did a search and it appears as though no one has ever brought them up on this board.

I've been listening to Shpongle for almost two years now and could never find anything similar...I was beginning to think that their style was completely unique, but this group has a very similar sound while still having it's own flair. If you like Shpongle, this will be a guaranteed hit.

I just finished downloading the album "A Flock of Beeps", which is just incredible. Try "Weird on a Monday Night" or "Scanner". Man, I'm sooo looking forward to actually buying this, but this stuff is hard to find around here...

Anyways...enjoy, everyone, and let me know if you likey.

cpt_shinermember
18 posts

Posted:
maybe because its the same guy, minus that other guy plus another guy.

and instead of downloading it perhaps u can support them by buying it here instead https://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=3298

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Paddy hun I love shpongle
I will try to get ahold of this band too thank you for the tips.
Respect for Cpt shiner' s remark , my dad being a musician I must say I try and support musicians as much as possible too

shine no
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yye hah simon posford and raja ram can have my children (heh heh IF i have any)
look for a rare compilation called 'shponglization' cus it's got a TON of trax not found on inexpressible or are you shpongled. i wouldn't class it minimal psy, but the trax roxors nonetheless.
shpongle and younger brother will be playing at a massiv bush doof called 'earthcore' during november in melbourne so it's not too late to get cheap early bird tickets at this stage. (they have not confirmed totally yet so peek at www.eathcore.com.au to confirm before you commit - incidentally, there's some dodgy photos of me at the top of the photo on that site... many a seedy mudfilled day spent there!)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
cpt_shiner, don't worry, I fully intend on purchasing the album- I always support artists if I listen to their music a lot (I'm just tired gambling $25 on somethine I've never heard). Cheers for the link, now I'll be able to get it even if the local shop can't order it in.

bender, I'm actually coming to Australia in May 2004, so I can't afford a second trip so soon. But if things work out right, I'll have time to travel around and meet all the lurvley HOP peoples, so maybe we could party then.

Does anyone know the deal with Binah? Cresent Suns is my favorite Posford track but I even can't find mention of any other Binah songs anywhere.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
remember Hendon cass? DJ 1112 sphongle changed our lives forever!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
YES!!! IT'S COMING!!
SHPONGLE: THE REMIXES
october 17 release
including the 'total eclipse' remix of 'dorset perception' found on 'Shponglization'.
yummyness trippy cover art and track listing from saikosounds

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey guys,

All those interested in Shpongle, Younger Brother, Hallucinogen etc should purchase one of the most amazing documentaries ever made Liquid Crystal Vision

Has lots of dialogue from Raja Ram, Goa Gill and plenty of footage from parties around the world, including Burning Man, Goa and Thailand. Even has some firedancing in it!

I highly recommend it for the psytrancers out there. It really encapsulates the vibe we try to project and the visuals are very very pretty!

Enjoy.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
There's another group I heard was simmilar to Shpongle. I think OTT is the name. But I've never heard anything by them so I wouldn't really know.

P.S.: I talk too some guy online who seems to know just about everything about Shpongle and Twisted records.

[ 12. August 2003, 10:17: Message edited by: Achluophobia ]

Zoinksmember
3 posts

Posted:
Talking about sy trance and such respected artists. is anyoen going to samotraraki dance festival. A week in the sun listening to psycodelic trance.

F

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
mmmm...Samothraki

can't wait to see Hallucinogen