Lamia_poi

Lamia_poi

stranger

Total posts: 8
Posted:i'm looking for alcohol based fuels which would be safe to use with poi or staff and which give a reasonable burn time.

I'm in the UK so paraffin is easy to get hold of but have been told its much harder to gain a coloured flame using chemicals/ powders.

If anyone knows what types i can pick up i'd really appreciate it.

kinda need to get this all within the next week too

Delete Topic

Fire_Moose
SILVER Member since May 2007

Fire_Moose

Elusive and Bearded

Total posts: 3597
Posted:Originally Posted By: Lamia_poi

kinda need to get this all within the next week too

everything you have asked is somewhere on these forums. The way you come off seems like you are kinda new to spinning and not entirely copncerned qwith safety. With that said i beleive you are looking for Denatured Alcohol....

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Delete

Lamia_poi

Lamia_poi

stranger

Posted:thats the bugger couldn't remember the name, and no i'm not i just use paraffin mostly cause some of the stuff is a little difficult to get down here i used to be Lamia#2 but the login wouldn't let me on or create a new password so i had to create a new one.

thanks and safety honestly isn't an issue with me i'm pretty experienced with fire by now.

Delete

Lamia_poi

Lamia_poi

stranger

Posted:STATS OF OLD ACCOUNT:
Lamia#2 Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, England

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:Quote:thanks and safety honestly isn't an issue with me i'm pretty experienced with fire by now.

Actually, safety is always an issue, for professionals and amateurs alike.

Several long term, well known members of Home of Poi and I observed your idea of organising safety at a fire gathering over 4 years ago first-hand and as you now sound as if you're planning on performing with a fuel you're unfamiliar with without sufficient practice, I'm not surprised but am quite insulted that you haven't taken our advice after all this time.

I sincerely hope your arrogance doesn't put you in hospital but I'm more concerned about your apparent blatant disregard for the safety of your audience.

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Lamia_poi

Lamia_poi

stranger

Posted:audience is 10 meters (just over 30 feet) away spanner, leave it out just because i come across arrogant (or you perceive it this way) doesn't mean i have no knowledge. censored its been what 5 years maybe 4 and i still have yet to go to the emergency room. same as my group. just because online i like to have a laugh online doesn't mean we don't take safety seriously.

you perceived that comment as arrogant. it meant I'm experienced with safety in fire performing. Christ. relax would you.

Delete

Spanner
BRONZE Member since Feb 2003

Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here

Total posts: 2790
Posted:I'm perfectly calm and although you don't seem to have learned - even 4 years later - that the same kind of posting about posting still tends to provoke the same kind of response, I'm glad you've at least realised that a ten metre distance is better than one wink

Happy spinning... smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete