Forums > Social Chat > sparkling poi? any idea?

Login/Join to Participate

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
any ideas on how to make sparkling poi?

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yeah - do a search. that little bit of text under the post button marked search, is where you will find the answer.Josh

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
This topic just came up in the past week or two. Just cruise the subjects back until you dind it. I find the search to be not teriibly useful frown-p.

Doniamember

Posted:
You have a couple of options.1) You can actually use sparklers. I don't have the kind we buy on me right now so I don't know the brand name but we get them by the box and tape them together and attech them to the ends of our poi, staffs, etc... Doesn't burn very long but looks incredible.2) S.O.S. pads. You can fashion a cage out of chiken wire and stuff a bunch of these in there and attach them to the ends of your chains. Burns longer but not as incredible as the sparklers.3) Some magic shops sell a sparkle powder or fuse powder but I do not know how well this works.Important note: If you use suggestion 1 or two you should be fully covered, hands face, goggles ...everything. And submersion in water is the best way to put these out.Donia"Where there is sorrow, I seek the flame."Rumi

Donia Love
Ignis Devoco Industrial Fire Circus

Where there is sorrow, I seek the flame.
Rumi

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
I agree with Donia.Wire wool or sparklers.E-mail Draevon @ Incendium cause they have some wicked sparkly poi vids.Thats the man to talk to.peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe: