Page: ......
T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
WE'RE SLACK DON'T BELEAVE ANY ON THIS THREAD (apart from maybe the most recent post)

If you want to meet up with any smelly hippy fire spinners in bristol post something to ask when and where people are meeting up. most people are quite nice and will happily help you or if thats not your thing ask me and i'll abuse you for no reason biggrin

p.s. Normally we meet up on sunday 2:30-5pm at the Student union, Queens Road, Clifton (But this only runs in term time)

Oh yeah b4 you ask no you don't need to be a student

EDITED_BY: T&B (1142525038)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
Hello everybody- just thought I'd let you know I don't reckon the windmill hill farm thing is going to be a goer. The only way to guarantee a room is to pay for one. It seems like too much money to me, and the rooms aren't that big so prob not worth it frown

I do really want to meet everyone tho- although my poi abilities are questionable........and I don't think I can descend on circusoc with my husb. and 2 kids....

Any ideas??

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

RealitySILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Where and when are the sunday meet ups? We have a tiny group of us up in Stroud, and we might invade.

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
The Sunday meetups are in the Anson rooms. at Bristol Student union building from 2:30 till 5 I think.

No Idea when they start up again. Hopefully Sacred Acorn (T&B) will know and answer your question. I reckon it's when the students get back whenever that is?

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
** Unrelated to spinning, but important none the less **

Anyone know of any rooms in Bristol to rent?
Preferably by the end of January, otherwise i'll be a homeless pink ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Don't know of any rooms but you're welcome to come stay on me n sacred acorn's sofa if you're homeless.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
circusoc will start up again next sunday (22nd jan 06!!) and husbands and kids and any level of ability are welcome never fear smile

still no fire-nights at the mo frown but once the evenings start becoming more accomodating, will get going again. sigh, those summer evenings seem such a long way off right now!

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

misscorinthianSILVER Member
old hand
784 posts

Posted:
oh! ok...I may be along sometime then...I don't know why I keep avoiding you lot, you all seem so nice.

Or are you just lulling me into a false sense of security, and would infact love me to bring along extra victims for you to torture etc??

XLenX

Devoted although mostly absent owner of the 1, the original... Asena

BohemianTravellernewbie
11 posts

Posted:
Don't dispair! I felt the same as you, but went on a scouting mission to circusoc before xmas and they were indeed friendly, VERY talented spinners. I wish I'd started earlier. I'll bring my Poi on the 22nd. See you all there!

Sheri x
weavesmiley

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
no they're all censored they have try to change my name to scared acorn, now that's not a very nice or friendly. Beware if you get to know them you might end up with a name like twat face Laura, big arss Sy or wank all day Garth wink

not trying to put you off of course some of us are nice (like me I'm so nice people call me a hippy)

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
OMG Tim, you really need to keep taking the calming happy pills, that or wash your mouth out with soap, no, bleach!

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
no he just needs to get in touch with that inner oak tree he's been denying all these years... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
Anyone interested in doing some fire at Twisted Toastool on the 11th Feb at the Black Swan? Flyer on Events page. Then drop me an email at zeeboo@blueyonder.co.uk, more details to follow.

Bryn

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

loobyBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
hey everyone. First post on hop!. just to say its nice to hear there seems to be thriving bristol community. I'm a diaboloist myself but have been tempted by dabbling in a bit of poi every now and then. Looking forwartd to seeing some of you lovelies at the black sawn at the 11th feb!

ZeeBooBRONZE Member
167 posts

Posted:
Hi looby,

Come and say hi on the 11th' I think you will be able to find us! biggrin

Just because I'm an adult doesn't make me responsible.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Bryn...

does beyond psy-trance mean something which doesn't suck?

biggrin

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Beware if you get to know them you might end up with a name like twat face Laura, big arss Sy or wank all day Garth

To fully understand this comment, you have to understand that Sacred Acorn's been away in London this week.

In such a big, polluted, concrete jungle, with no nice woods full of trees to hug, he appears to become somewhat irrational

biggrin

Nietzsche

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
hi - if i come visit tomorrow (monday) will anyone be about to entertain me monday eve/tuesday daytime?

Just curious.

Otherwise I'll skip Bristol and go straight home to Brum.

ubbrollsmile

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I can entertain you tuesday day smile

As long as you don't mind house hunting a little.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

hi - if i come visit tomorrow (monday) will anyone be about to entertain me monday eve/tuesday daytime?

Of Course! biggrin

Firetrampold hand
898 posts

Posted:
Yes, I'm around, will b lovely seeing u again!!!

Ask a question and be a fool for a minute...don't ask and be a fool your whole life.

Angitanewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Hi! I am Angeles!! I met some of you in a party in Montepelier, in octuber or November. And there was my first time I played fire poi...
I want to know how to join the circus/sc because I love spinning although I am not too good at it, just beginner.
Thanks
Angeles juggle

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Just come down any Sunday except tomorrow (damn union room bookings) to the University of Bristol Student Union on Queens Rd between 2:30 and 5.

If you need directions pm me

Nietzsche

Angitanewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Ok, thanks!!! I am looking fowards to go next Sunday, I know where it is.
Angeles ubbrollsmile

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Morning Bristolians,

Just had a thought. With 2bags now residing in Kingswood and Pink moving to Redland. I was thinking maybe we could get everyone together and go out for a drink or a meal or something....Might be a good laugh as it seems Bristol is the "in" place to move. Dunno why though - i thought it was full of tree hugging hippies called scared acorn! ubblol

Gayle.....!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
anyone about on sunday eve/ monday?! umm looks like i might be popping in on my way home from devon.... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
pink will be there, i should be there... i should think the usual crowd also... biggrin

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

psyflowerSILVER Member
12 posts

Posted:
ooh, i'm in bristol.....
anyone fancy meeting up?
i'm new to the area (i moved here to be with fellow crusties and hippies and for tribe of frog parties!)

i do poi / fire poi so anyone who fancies a spin, please get in touch.

manda

ubbrollsmile

there's something you dont see everyday....

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
We'll Probably See you [Old link] then? There'll be many People from HOP here..... bounce

Also we generally have a meetup every sunday at the student union from 230-5 in the anson rooms.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Written by: duballstar

anyone about on sunday eve/ monday?! umm looks like i might be popping in on my way home from devon.... smile

am afraid i've got a very important peace of dossing to do then wink

if your up on sunday eve you might catch sandy as well

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
Why does everyone pick the weekend I'm off on a film shoot to come visit?

Psyflower...

Written by:

i moved here to be with fellow crusties and hippies and for tribe of frog parties!

I hate you already.

The Sacred Acorn of Peace and Tranquility will undoubtedly want to go hug trees and listen to psyrubbish with you though

hug

Nietzsche

Page: ......