Forums > Social Chat > full moon and solstice fire spinning

Login/Join to Participate

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
I asked this question in a few other threads, but no answers. How often do the full moon and solstice fall on consecutive saturdays? I'm probably missing something but I worked it out like this:

solstice on a saturday - once every seven years
full moon 7 days before solstice once every 28yrs?
this makes me think that it must be a once every 7X28 = 196 years. or once every 98 years if the full moon falls 7 days after solstice.

That's not really factoring in leap years or the cycles of the moon so maybe I am wrong. Anybody have a better answer?

Does anybody else think that is as cool as I do? What plans do people have for the two days?

wan hwo renmember
86 posts

Posted:
I guess I forgot to say what I am doing for full moon and solstice. Originally we had planned to have a second peace festival. photos from the first one: https://64.33.119.49/peace/index.html

It's summer though and a lot of band members are off travelling or visiting home so PeaceQuestII has been postponed. Instead we are having a beach gathering. The theme will still be peace, and it will happen inside a big stone peace sign. Peace can be a vague idea, I think harmony is a better term, but it becomes more of a possibility everytime people gather together to have fun and try to collectively define it. I hope people everywhere are trying to do something similar.

peace,

fire playing guy

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
sorry to be a dumbass, but when are they?
pretty sweet website, like the fiery peace sign!
Ben

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
This coming saturday 14th June is full moon. The following saturday 21st June is midsummer solstice in the northern hemisphere and midwinter solstice in the southern hemisphere.

Are we nearly there yet?

Mtn. Girlmember
65 posts

Posted:
Full moons are the best!

If you wanna plan any sort of outside gathering, plan it on a full moon. From what someone told me...according to the Farmer's Almanac, it never rains on a full moon. For the past two years, I've been tracking it to see if it's true....and it has never ever rained...will rain the day before and the day after, but not on the exact day ... wooowwaaa party time!!!!

What am I doing? May end up down in Big Sur for an awesome outdoor tribal - drumming festival. Good ethnic music, camping and hallucinations

The experience of learning is living.