Forums > Social Chat > KIM on Big Brother....racist jokes galore...

Login/Join to Participate

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
For those Aussies out there that watch Big Brother - us Armidalians want to vent...
Last week, Kim the new intruder, entered the house...
Kim's from Armidale and is a hairdresser here....
Last week channel ten had to apologise for a REALLY racist joke that Kim told on the live 'Up Late' feed which they missed and werent able to cut in time.
She has also been telling the other housemates that Armidale is a place that if you are gay and walk down the street you will get beaten up and that you 'just dont see Gays and lesbians in Armidale'.
This is of course total bull, I have found Armidale to be more accepting than when I lived in the much bigger coastal city of Newcastle.

our whole town is pretty cranky at being labelled like this - I cannot believe that someone would tell a racist joke to a whole nation, I dont even like hearing them behind private doors.

My friends and I will most definitely be voting for Kim when she inevitably comes up for eviction next week - we dont need someone like her on national television.

Thanks for the vent...!

Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
It was awfully bright of the people who run big brother to make a feed which they can't cut or censor before the audience hears it.

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Apparently as the story goes - they cut out a series of racist and ridiculous remarks made by Kim over the course of that particular night, and due to human error - they missed the one that got aired. There's a 20 minute time lag from when the scene actually takes place to when it actually gets aired in the late night 'live' feed....

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Hahaha I saw her the other night on BB!!! What an embarressment!!! I dont think they could have found a bigger hillbilly if they tried!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I'm over Big Brother. Every season something shocking happens, last Aussie season was the 'sexual assualt' saga and on other series there have been things like animal cruelty and more sexual assault.

I'm really sick of it. I don't watch it and I never want to. I think it really needs to be cancelled.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
In the UK Celebrity Big brother is on at the moment, we're having similar issues with apparently racist remarks being made about Shilpa Shetty, although Shilpa has said she thinks it's just general bitchiness and bullying rather than a race issue.

Everyone's arguing over if what was said was racist or not (calling her 'Shilpa Poppadom' certainly has undertones). I don't watch it so I'm not really bothered, it's all happened before whether racially motivated or not, I just think it's a very sad reflection on the masses of people out there who don't treat each other with respect.

I can't stand big brother, so in a way I'd love to see it go a step too far and get pulled off the air for good.

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I only like watching the psychological episode once a week to see if any are going to go manson on the others shrug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
heard on the new this morning in the UK the main sponcors for celeb big brother "carphone warehouse" has pulled the plug on them and cancled it's sponsorship.

clap YAY no more dud commercials EVERY time it cuts to a break or retuns to the program

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
So you stick a load of fame hungry morons in a house together and guess what...

they say moronic things!
rolleyes

This is still dominating the news today even though about 30 people died and enormous amounts of damage were caused in Europe yesterday due to terrible storms (mostly in the UK). frown