Page: ......
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Summer Location: Queen Victoria gardens.

The aim is not for a solely firetwirling night, but a night whereby firetwirlers, jugglers, contact jugglers, diabolo etc can meet. So feel free to bring friends who may be interested.

Night starts at 6pm for all those who are keen to learn. Fire starts after dark 7.00 - 8ish till late!

So.... the location is Queen Victoria Gardens

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)

The grassed area near the three raised palm trees. (Look out for the bronze statue hammer thrower)

With only a 5 minute walk over the princess bridge from Flinders Street station.

Here's the map

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...360&ie=UTF8

*WINTER LOCATION*

Under the Princess bridge (Southbank side). Where the Southbank Sundey market happens.

EDITED_BY: ataxia (1193985363)

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
Your just a wuss bender ; )
AWE MAAAAAN!!!! ~massive pouting~ I've only got two more sundays left kids.....

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

Kir :)BRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
Hi there didnt make it to Sunday due to rain just want to make sure it still is on for sunday it will be my first one and i am such a newbie at poi so excited to meet new poi pplz and learn some new things... Kir ubblol

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
every sunday. even if its raining :P

hug

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
was sick...sorry :P

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Perhaps it might be useful to note to everyone, WHERE spinning occurs if its raining?

biggrin

also, apologies for not being there. I was...... somewhere else.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
indeed, in the event that its spitting a little, the usual thing has been to either continue twirling or head to the big tree aka ants seudo toilet.

if its bucketing down (ie. last night) we went under the swanston street bridge where they hold the markets on sundays, next to the food court on southbank. they dim the lights at 7pm sharp which makes it even better.

hug to all who braved the weather last night hug to those who didnt and cant wait to see you all soon hug hug hug

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
btw, i bought my cowbell yesterday, but i shall have to bring it next sunday, as well as my instrument made out a coconut, that doesnt duplicate the noise of a horse.

cheers, pete biggrin

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
but can i wear them? ubblol

hug

hug me!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
you can try ubbangel

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
yay! after so long, i shall be back tonight.. be prepared for whinging, loud yawns, and me jumping around due to a high intake of caffiene. bounce2 also watch to see me hit myself many times as i havent picked up my poi in 3 or 4 weeks.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
erm, where were you clarence dear??

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
So i'll totally be there this week my friends, i've been working like a MILLION hours, so my apologies.... how does everyone feel about a box of cake mix? Not a cake, just the mix, its better than way anywho. smile

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i smell a raw baked goods theme *yum*

cant wait to see you this weekend wench, the flyntress too, its been two whole weeks!!!

cheers, pete hug

Lone_WolfSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
Hey Everyone *waves*.
Im Jessie, im 17 and live in Melbournes eastern suburbs.
Im new to this site and all that [censored].
Ive been fire Twirling with my staff for about 8 months, im pretty adverage.
Ive been looking for a place to start twirling with others, I would love to come and check out you guys at the gardens one Sunday.
problem is i am fairly shy frown
anyways.. see what happens.

~Know Thyself~

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
i was shy too but now im just...not...ok so you better come along im tired and im not sure im making sense right now

and WHYY is everyone on the otherside of the city from me?grrrrrr

hug me!

Lone_WolfSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
lol its all good..
yeh i might check you guys out one time... *smiles*

~Know Thyself~

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
IM BACK BABY! Im definatly coming tonight, rain or no. and im not as wrecked as last week, so no falling asleep at 5pm! wooo! smile im happy now. the only twirling ive done recently was at my uni glow stick party, so this should be interesting...

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wooo *starts dancing* your finally comming!!

*continues to dance*

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
mmm, lovely weather we are having... If you get to the normal spot and it appears vacant and damp, we will probably all be hiding under the swanston st bridge (near southbank). We won't let the weather gods destroy our twirling fun smile

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

Lone_WolfSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
you guys all seem like such friendly and beautiful people.

~Know Thyself~

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
biggrin

no_pancakesSILVER Member
30 posts

Posted:
Okay, if I had any idea if one can hot link photos from one's own gallery to here I would. But failing that, I'll just say go looky!

'Tis petey. Who seems to be... being petey.

QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
wooooo! no uni, 18 straight hours of sleep! im in a spazzo mood now! plus i have new seasons of futurama to watch!
nice work with the straight jacket petey. very stylish.
hug for all that didnt come, and hug hug for all that did.

Nutella Brigade Unite!

Owned By Steaks

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
why fankyou miss quack hug

cant wait for next sunday *yay*

Skadaor Wench, or Mo
134 posts

Posted:
~awe~ don't worry, everyone is all sorts of friendly and welcoming, we're always happy to see a new face, especially in this lovely weather we've been having.... ; )

I Am NOt a ToASTeR!

Lone_WolfSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
aww thank you TheWench~ i am definatly interested in coming along, just need to see with work when i am free on sunday nights.. although i havent been doing fire twirling for a while so i am fairly [censored] :P but a quick learner biggrin

~Know Thyself~

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hey Everyone – we miss you guy’s *hugs* hug

Jo and I have just got back from NZ (Why we were slackers the past few weeks) and have a show this Sunday (why we’re probably slackers again this week) but we is gunna try and show up after.

Alex – Hope your Music camp was cool and fun – the furthest I ever got to go on a music camp was Lorne - there was a grasshopper plague and it rained the whole time… (yours was much cooler in sure *Grin*) I’ve still got 5 litres of fuel for you sitting in the back of my car – I will try and get it to Flynt if it looks like we can’t come again this week.

Bender – I have fuel for you also – sorry I ran out of credit on my phone so I could no reply – let me know when and where you wanna get it. wink

Ataxia – We're HOP’ing with ya to SA hug2 – Booked flights the other night and the offer of a tent is still there unless you have made other plans.

Miss Wench – I have a favour to ask you but I’ll do it later…A little suspense never hurt anyone. *Grin*

Flynt and everyone – Yay we miss you *Hugs* be well and we’ll see you soon. grouphug

Lone Wolf – Yes come down and play– everyone is lovely. We miss them so you should keep them company for us. New faces are always loved and appreciated – Fire is about playing and enjoying – doesn’t matter how rusty you are.

Be well everyone – Cheers and Hugs, D & J. hug

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

bluebottleSILVER Member
118 posts

Posted:
*yay* david and jo will be back soon smile

My band trip to china was awesome, I'll tell you all about it when I see you next at twirling. smile

Lone Wolf: I'm sure there will be many people happy to teach you, hope to see you soon.

Yebra (n.) - A cross between a zebra and anything that fancies zebras. -- Douglas Adams & John Lloyd

Fire-FalconGOLD Member
29 posts

Posted:
And remember, if your hands get cold, put them between your buttocks, it's nature's pocket.... Don't let Bender pick your pocket!

I'll be coming up again when I have a Monday off, which isn't for a while, but hey.

Stop aggrivating me! Just 'cause I'm in extinglish!

Lone_WolfSILVER Member
5 posts

Posted:
daaww thanks guys.. *grins*
i shall come down hopefully soon, just need to check times with work and such thing smile
still trying to figure out how this site runs lol.

~Know Thyself~

Page: ......