GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
I have recently started skipping, partly because a mate has and i want to get good and partly because it seems like a get fit quick scheme.

I know there is such a thing as fire skipping ropes but i wondered if it is possible to somehow combine skipping with poi. So say, purposely tangle the heads then skip over them. This might not be possible because poi are a lot shorter than the length of an average skipping rope.

I have only been learning to skip properly a few days but its quite fun and an intense work out...might aswell try and combine it with something i have been doing for a couple of years!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
Well...you could go with this.....

https://www.bearclawmfg.com/catalog/produ...a94cc88630accb7

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

WildThingmiss beelzeboss
41 posts

Posted:
omg... this goes around your ankles... eek !!!!!
i wanna try that out ubbrollsmile !!!

You make my heart sing..you make everything..GROOVEY .. yeah =) xD

ElectricBlueGOLD Member
Now with extra strawberries
810 posts

Posted:
I saw that the other day. Looks pretty cool though there would be a limit to how much stuff you could do with it.

Other wise there is a fire skipping rope in the hop store. They are great! I have one and our fire troupe uses it. Just be careful though because they can wrap around you quite easily and that would really hurt.

You can get a long one for doing multiple person stuff which is fun or you can get a single person one for doing tricks. If you do a Google search for skipping rope or jump rope tricks there are a few cool sights around with videos of tricks.

I {Heart} hand me downs and spinning in the snow.<br /><br />

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
Advanced a bit more now to be able to skip backwards. Its interesting that with my directional skills of poi it is supprisingly easy to skip forwards then spin at the side and jump into backwards skipping. also skipping forwards and turning around whilst skipping, sort of doing a waistwrap type thing with the rope. Fun stuff (i know its not poi though)