Forums > Help! > 140mm Gorilla fists

Login/Join to Participate

godofdeathBRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
hi everyone, im new round these parts but have been spinning for a few years and keep trying to keep my love with fire by getting bigger and bigger flames smile i started on standard "beginer" fire poi and went straight from there to snakes smile now my next choice would be the 3D deathstars but as money is quite low atm im looking at the 140mm Gorilla Fists, they look tasty but has anyone actually used them and if so what are they like? am i dreaming i can get a 7 beat weave out of them without ripping my arms out? and anyone with pics of em going would be greatly appreciated

For Us, For Them, For YOU

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
I have never seen or used them, but I do know they are 8 times heavier than my poi (BEFORE fuel)

I would suggest it would be assured that you would hurt yourself if you attempted the 7 beat. Maybe not the first time, but at some point I say you would.

I would get much smaller poi and actually be able to use them, get the visual effect out of your use of the toy, not just the toy itself.

My opinion is that these things are ridiculously silly in terms of an actual fire prop... novelty or display use only I would say.

hug

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
i havent used these wicks before. ive used both of the smaller varieties of of monkey fists that are available in the HoP store, and the medium sized ones already seem a tad on the silly side.. the XXL ones however i believe would be completely silly..

but, silly does have its place tongue2

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Why would anyone want to do a 7-beat weave?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
To show who has the bigger Poi-peen, surely? grin

Danny_GOLD Member
95 posts

Posted:
Personally, I like the 90mm monkey fists. To start with they were hard to use, but now that I'm accustomed to them they are my favourite fire poi.

I wouldn't bother with the gorillas as a general set of poi. Maybe for a 'wow'... but I can't imagine them being fun to spin.