Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > InJuCo, the Indian Juggling Convention 2009 "naturally higher"

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Pre-Final update before the convention:

Indian Juggling Convention

The website has not been updated yet, so pls find the following info:

Location: Mandrem Beach @ Goasis/ Sunset Resort, next to Prawn facory
(just 5 min's drive / 20 min's walk south of A'bol)

Schedule: January 5th to 10th, 10am to 10pm
Workshops: 10am to 6pm
Open performances: 6pm to 10pm

Gala Show: January 11th (full moon) doors open 6pm (evening ends 10pm)

Workshops: Free

Yoga, Arcoyoga, Acrobalance, Fire(Dancing) - (Contact)Staff, Poi, Fans, Sword- Juggling (Balls, Clubs, Rings, Contact), Hoola Hoop, Clowning, Streetperformance, Choreography, Aerials, etc.

Healing Area
Restaurant Area (water refills for cheap)
Shopping Area

Music all day, Life music after 6pm

Wednesday 7th: Childrens day

Tickets sell at 200Rs/day (100Rs. after 6pm)
Weekly tickets 1000Rs (pre-reg rate still valid)

Camping is not possible on the convention and you need to buy your ticket on the "landside" - beach access is possible, just no ticket counter there.

Rooms are available near the convention in Madrem, starting from 4-500Rs/ night, more accomodation available in Arambol, starting from 250Rs./ night and finally there are Teepees in Ashwem, starting from 100Rs./night (but you will need transportation, as the Teepee village is approx. 10min's drive (depending on type of transport wink ))

That's it for now, hope it solves most questions, if there is another update, I'll let you know.

Love and Light

Namaste

tOm

EDITED_BY: FireTom (1230182985)
EDIT_REASON: Update

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh BUd
Defo interested - but I didnt get the flier attchment you emailed
also...you think so near to NYE and Xmas is such a good time?
It may be auspicious by the heavens, but many people have family holidays (im not one of them but....!) or are partying in Europe. I would have thought mid-late Jan would be better, but...
what do others think?

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Mmmmmm, a week in Goa.

If only....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
I'm SO expecting this ..
but I've just signed a new job contract so I think I'll run into problem for getting holydays frown

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
ubblol Please, think of solutions and opportunities, not obstacles - visualize how you like your dreams become reality, not which problems could fcuk them up...

Live your dream ubblove

wink

Now!

The InJuCo website is finally ONLINE!!!!!! tongue bounce
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1217936303)

PooKaSILVER Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
of course I'm coming!!!!!! bounce bounce bounce clap

please olive do your best with your new employer!!!
indian fire gathering is really amazing,
we will be there with laura!!!!!!
beerchug grouphug

-I'm agree with Firenix that mid-january would be easier for some of us-... ubbidea

-fire tom, you talk about accodomation on the gathering?! what's about?

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Yes, I'm sorry - but Feb 10 (the finale) will coincide with full moon (on Feb 11)... it's aligned with X-Mas and New year to suit those who only have 2 - 3 weeks of holiday.

It will be more than a firegathering (we hope), especially since I just now received an eMail from CdS that there will be a scout coming to attend the convention.

Regarding accommodation we're trying to build non-permanent structures (kind of a Tipi village) on site for the entire season - as an artist village model. We will see how it develops and definitely keep you posted.

The aim would be to gather 114 firespinners and break the EJC record... wink

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
What is CdS?
and I think im coming

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Cirque de Soleil i thinks

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Jupp, that's right smile

idamSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
ok it didnt take much persuasion, but i think im coming to play, not been to arambol for too long...
would be so nice bounce bounce2

so hopefully see you there, so is it in arambol or vagator?? seems to be conflicting information....

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Nono - it's going to be Arambol. Hilltop was last time and they won't be available at the intended schedule... smile

Will be so nice bounce

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
OOoooo few friends starting to gather interest
Who else going?
Cumon now
Any peeps want to put together a banging FireShow? I got plenty contacts in India.
Can Pro's PM me please
(Hope you dont mind Tom...)

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
No worries, I was thinking of putting together a firegathering at the beginning of the season anyway... Reason being that I feel we need to exchange ideas, form troupes, compile shows and communicate about available agents, shows and their payment...

I got rid of 4.000 flyers - if only 5% respond to the call, it'll be amazing smile

Very mucho looking forward to see you again at some stage wave

joshgomeramember
155 posts

Posted:
try to realize this dream... angel angel

this yeaar asia...mmmmmmmhhhh????ß !!!

josh

coincidancerSILVER Member
stranger
16 posts

Posted:
namaste dost !

good on you, tom, for putting this together ! loved last year !

sadly I am another one of those who won't be likely to make it so early in the year. second half of January would have been much easier for me, well, hope to make it for the aftermath anyhow....

sure it will be lovely !

Love Light Laughter & Lightness

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
hmmm, yeah - makes me think meditate

So there is the one bunch who is coming to Goa for X-mas and NYE and who is leaving asap thereafter and there is the other bunch, who is staying home for the holidays and leaves to Goa shortly after the holidays...

If the second bunch would decide to sober up within 48 hrs after their party, they'd well be able to make it wink

Remember we're starting Jan 5th (that's the plan so far)...

PS: Rob, no I don't mind at all. You're free to share these contacts (with me) spank wink
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1222265290)
EDIT_REASON: missed reply to Rob

aditya_shekhawatstranger
1 post

Posted:
dude..i am writing to u as a manager of MOOD INDIGO,,asia's largest college cultural festival held in mumbai in december..i wanted to talk to you about this juggling convention..mail me at aditya@moodi.org or call me at +91-9819442477. --aditya.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the notification Aditya, mail is on the way smile
I'm in Delhi as of tomorrow, my number there (local) 0-9922 468 101
See you on the other side

AnotherCircleBRONZE Member
15 posts

Posted:
Hi !

I'm normally coming, just asking the Visa.

I will arrived in the country in the beggining of december ! And sure Goa into the month.

I would know about pre-juggling things, or organization help needs, maybe !?

See you !

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
wow ubblove hug

PM on the way smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
And it really looks nice at this point, meeting the first members of the Juggling family on Arambol beach, receiving pre-registrations by eMail from beautiful Jugglers and Firespinners from Europe and Singapore...

A few news:

I decided NOT to promote the convention in Mumbai on the MOOD INDIGO festival (a festival for about 500 schools nationwide with about 60.000 people attending) because I do not want the InJuCo to be responsible for crushing the sweetness of the Arambol experience.

Yesterday I paid my "debt" or last convention by presenting a cheque of Rs. 10.000 to the Lions Club Arpora as to fund their schooling project for travelling children from Karnataka as to retain a full academic record (without this schooling project they couldn't, as they neither speak English nor the local lingo, Konkani). I chose the Lions Club project because this country is struck with corruption and this seemed to be the very option for the money to actually reach the children.

On November 14th it is Children's day and we intend to create an entertainment program for a few schools here, as children not only need books but certainly some laughter too grin So whoever reads this and might make it to Goa by this time already: please contact me... we can never be enough ppl to entertain these little buggers wink

I keep you posted smile

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Yupp - and just now I got a request for organizing artists for a juggling convention in Pune, a week or ten days after the InJuCo...

If you're interested in participating and to teach workshops in juggling and circus arts to the Indians, please drop me a mail.

Thanks

t'Om

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Oh - triple post rolleyes

Please find the first version of a video-showreel here:

Aksstranger
10 posts

Posted:
Thanks to FireTom, it was this thread that made me find this forum and I am happy about it.

I am very happy about your concern for the community too.

FireTom, hats off to you!

I wish I could attend/participate in the conventions but at present due to career calls (higher studies and preparation for the same) I am unable to participate in anything. Anyway, I am sure I'd be able to in future.

I am a complete noob with respect to poi though though ball juggling, not being new to me, I cannot rate myself as an efficient juggler too. But hope to be better, when I get time to devote to pursue my passions.

Keep up the good work. Have a great day today and everyday!

Regards,
Aks

keyarghahPLATINUM Member
Woodford is Goodford..!
241 posts

Posted:
oh gawd.. i was THIS CLOSE to working new years im Mumbai.. which would mean i could stay for india times. still a chance it will go ahead but the hotel we are doing is one of the ones that got exploderated. would do anything to be there.. but like i said, still a chance..

'FREE HUGGIES!!'

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
I'll be around Arambol next monday crazy
... but will leave b4 the convention shocked
Who's already there ?

BansheeCatBRONZE Member
veteran
1,247 posts

Posted:
Tom, it sounds so wonderful! I wish you all well! I am going to be in Thailand, and it is a short trip this time, so unlikely to sneak away to India, but ya never know!
xoxox
a

"God *was* my co-pilot, but then we crashed, and I had to eat him..."

PooKaSILVER Member
journeyman
64 posts

Posted:
@olive, see you and ben-j there,
I'll arrive on the 28th.... grin

Aksstranger
10 posts

Posted:
DAMN ... I am HERE in India and I can't be there ... seems I'd be missing a golden opportunity to learn ... to meet ... and know the art and science of fire play!

By the way, is there someone in/from and around Chennai at present ? Or going through Chennai in February or so ... I'd love to get in touch. Thanks for hearing me out!

Have fun all ...

Regards,
Aks

idamSILVER Member
37 posts

Posted:
hello. flights all booked and organised.

anyone else going to the new year thing at hilltop??
look forward to seeing you all and being back in arambol..

yay not long now. beach and sunshine here we come.
ive got 20cm of snow here..........

Page: