Forums > Social Discussion > Woman calls 911 in chicken McCrisis

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
On the topic of food again...

Is this really true??? I don't know whether to laugh or just not believe it or even just put it in social chat!!!

To be honest if Pie Minister ran out of pies I may be inclined to do the same but that's another story.......

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/763961/woman-calls-911-in-chicken-mccrisis

spank

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Really? Crikey. I'm not going to try it cos that really WOULD constitute wasting time (don;t want a headline like Time-wasting HoPper in Verification Crisis) but ... ya.... for tourists and possibly also for young Aussies who watch so much telly they forget what country they're in!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I'm rofl at this - she could have easily asked to speak to the manager, head office, trading standards. Next time I get a flat coke I'm gonna call cops - of course they will pop round with a soda stream and then the party starts. Wasting police time is soooo bad.

Today I saw two youths stopping various vehicles pulling out of the carpark at my local shopping bit, asking the driver something then climbing onto the rear of the vehicle and driving off!

What was more alarming was they did this to several vehicles and the drivers said yes. I mean wtf? the kids should be at school at that time for starters. makes me think about the bad parenting thread again!

So what did I do? i walked 100 yards to the police station situated conveniently in the next property adjacent to the shops and let them know what was going on. unfortunately all officers were out on a 999 call but I was told it would be investigated when someone was free. CCTV was filming at the time.

grin

I'm a good citizen see?!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

inactiveSILVER Member
old hand
722 posts

Posted:
I agree babe, dob them in, they should have at least used skateboards!

To you who has been accessing my online accounts, changing my login details, locations and posting censored about me, realise, you are not worth revenge, you are not worth my attention, you are nothing, and that is all you ever will be.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

philisweatlySILVER Member
life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
I would have done the same thing. tongue2

haha

johndhaiveGOLD Member
Kebab Embalmer
316 posts

Posted:
Calling 911 or holding the food for 15 minutes or wait for the cops for the written citation to appear in court? grin

Tam tam tam cheketitamtam, ketumpantam, ketumpan kete kete kete, tam tam tam ketumpanketey!

philisweatlySILVER Member
life's a garden, dig it
115 posts

Posted:
I would have just wanted my nuggets! haha. god are people really like this? *shakes head* I feel more sane after seeing all this.

haha

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
It amazes me she didn't just sue, isn't that the current american stereotype towards fastfood restaurants or am I a couple of years out of date?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
now could anyone tell me what to do, if that geek in the restaurant takes the order, takes the money and then refuses to hand back the ca$h when the ordered item is not available...

"all sales are final" *** it's clear that fast food restaurants should be forced to have a hand out: "how to sue us in case we can't satisfy your order"

(§1 remain calm, §2 don't call emergency.... wink )

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

zyonchaosjourneyman
77 posts
Location: Anglesey, Wales, UK soon to be Lincoln, England (s...

Posted:
Maccies do need a noddy guide not just for their staff (of which i am a former member lol), but for their customers as well.

Step 1. Im sorry we dont have what you want
Step 2. Please stay calm, no stop shouting at the staff please
Step 3. Stop calling the emergency services they cant do anything
Step 4. Please dont threaten the staff, as they will call the emergency services, who will do something about it.
Step 5. Try politely asking for the manager
Step 6. Dont get pi**y when you have to wait for a manager especially if it is busy.
etc
etc
etc

From Within Chaos Comes Order

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: zyonchaosMaccies do need a noddy guide not just for their staff (of which i am a former member lol), but for their customers as well.

Step 2....

surely it should be

Step 2. would you like something else?
*answer no*
Step3. here have your money back, as we failed in providing you what we agreed we would.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
good point majestik..but remember these are mcdonalds employees. If _I_ were working there and this came up it would be "You need to wait for a manager" and then i would leave the sitch, im not dealing with that bull honky

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
well said, both of you - then again:

if the management is corrupted and the staff is stupid (as in "unskilled") - what level of expertise are we expecting when it comes to the customers?

Mynci - if you sue, you need to provide the evidence AND you need to pay the lawyer... for a $2 worth of demand, not many lawyers would be willing to pick up the fight. Unless you could prove that "not getting my nuggets" turned me into a sobbing nutcase

and kept me from making children the next 20years (= sue for a Trillion $ compensation), that is.

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

zyonchaosjourneyman
77 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: FireTomwell said, both of you - then again:

if the management is corrupted and the staff is stupid (as in "unskilled") - what level of expertise are we expecting when it comes to the customers?

Oi just remember I said i worked for maccies once upon a time lol

Granted it was when I was 16, because I was told to either go to college or get a job, I had had enough of school, and was planning to join the RAF so crappy little job it was.

What you have to remember about Maccies is that for very little effort in the way of work you get paid actully quite well. So most of the time the staff just cant be bothered, yes some of them are stupid, but then again so are the customers.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: zyonchaos
What you have to remember about Maccies is that for very little effort in the way of work you get paid actully quite well. So most of the time the staff just cant be bothered, yes some of them are stupid, but then again so are the customers.

i lol'd smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

zyonchaosjourneyman
77 posts

Posted:
Majestik,

Trust me I drank for a year and a half on what Maccies paid me, and workwise lets just say it was a big culture shock when I started with the RAF and not just because it was military, they made me work, they made me iron stuff, they made me go to the gym and they wouldnt let me drink (I was only 17 though lol).

And as for the customers, the biggest fattest sweatiest people come in order ten tonne of food, and a diet coke cos they are watching their weight

Page: