Forums > Social Discussion > Woman calls 911 in chicken McCrisis

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
On the topic of food again...

Is this really true??? I don't know whether to laugh or just not believe it or even just put it in social chat!!!

To be honest if Pie Minister ran out of pies I may be inclined to do the same but that's another story.......

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/763961/woman-calls-911-in-chicken-mccrisis

spank

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
the lady shouldve been fined for misusing 911, and jailed for idiodcy frankly hard to comprehend..

of course.. mcdonalds shouldnt offer to sell something they dont have.. but calling the police.. really.. do grow up..

nicely spotted lex smile hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
lols - thats it. the end of the world is nigh! when someone considers not getting McNuggets as a life threatening emergency, when we live in a world with Climate Change, Energy Crisis, Economic Crisis, Food Crisis, Deforestation, Bushfires, etc etc...well I figure its about time for our civilization to collapse....and thus...

the end of the world is nigh! smile

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
would you like tazars with that?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: ParafinfairyOn the topic of food again...

Is this really true??? I don't know whether to laugh or just not believe it or even just put it in social chat!!!

To be honest if Pie Minister ran out of pies I may be inclined to do the same but that's another story.......

https://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/763961/woman-calls-911-in-chicken-mccrisis

spank

And this, folks, is the face of mental illness in the U.S.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
personally i think the bigger problem is she was refused a refund. obviously she did over react by calling an emergency number and becoming "irate", but i am sure it was fair to become annoyed when refused a refund for a product they could not provide.

personally i think she should have told them if they didnt give her her refund she would come over and take it. then THEY would have called the police and gotten bad press for failing a pretty standard business transaction. if you dont have the product you dont sell it.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
WTF?! Some people!

Good to see you posting Lex

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I agree with Mr Maj that it's totally McF*ckedups mistake in not providing a refund when they couldn't provide the product. How dare they! Mentally ill Doc, how to you get there? The caller didn't get particularly irate, she sounded quite calm. Unless you mean wanting to eat junk food in the first place. That;s pretty sick.

I want to know where her parents got that stupid name though. What's with these names?

LevFiredance Philosopher
79 posts

Posted:
Reminds me of corner gas, if corner gas sold out to McDonalds.

hamamelisBRONZE Member
nut.
756 posts

Posted:
I would laugh more at this...

But I did once phone the police when I go locked out of an empty hostel in my pyjamas..

At least I knew I was being a twit though.. and it was cold..

The cashier probably *couldn't* refund the money, I suspect their tills are set up the same as the ones I used to work on, so you couldn't do a refund (or open the till, unless you put through a fake sale, and got in even more trouble) without getting the manager. You just need a manager that's a jerk, which I suspect McB****rds has no shortage of.

THE MEEK WILL INHERIT THE EARTH!

If that's okay with you?

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
A woman once called the police because burger king didn't make her burger correctly and she flipped out at them so they just didnt't care. There's audio of it, probably on youtube.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Sorry but I think she was valid in calling the police, but not 911.

They effectively stole her money and she had the right to call the police to help solve the dispute.
However, over there 911 isn't for such events (I say that because here in smalltown USA, it is).

I wouldn't have gone that route and told them to give me something else but hey, I don't eat at those crap places anyway.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NathanielEveristSILVER Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
*straining*
Must resist racist jokes... about black people liking... fried chicken...

In honesty though, McDonalds should've given the lady her money back, I mean, whenever McDonalds has messed up my order (in Aus), they've been glad to either change it or refund it, I've gotten refunds from them, along with a free meal on a couple of occasions, so I'm not sure if it's just in America or whether the cashier messed up, but that doesn't sound right to me.

And yeah, she had every right to call the police, but 911? She needs to be educated on the meaning of the word "emergency".

V_RegalGOLD Member
Lost in the Lights
101 posts

Posted:
Lulz. How often do people know the police line that doesn't constitute 911?

Risen from the Ashes
The Phoenix shall rise in his royal flaire.
FIND YOUR DESTINY.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: V_RegalLulz. How often do people know the police line that doesn't constitute 911?

yep, i'd need a phone book.

enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
I've got my local police dept. in my mobile.

V_RegalGOLD Member
Lost in the Lights
101 posts

Posted:
I guess Nathaniel's a goodie goodie. o:

You know it's a bad thing when half the local police department know you by full name. ^-^;

Risen from the Ashes
FIND YOUR DESTINY.

enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
I have to call the police on a regular basis, I see lots of people consuming illegal substances around the festivals, markets, gatherings and such that I frequent. It's no uncommon to see somebody smoking a marijuana cigarette (also known as a "joint") at occasions where there is spinning, so of course I have to call the police, eventually I just put the number in my phone. I can also take photos of people on my camera phone for evidence when the police arrive.

Just doing the right thing, no need to thank me guys. smile

V_RegalGOLD Member
Lost in the Lights
101 posts

Posted:
Good point.

Risen from the Ashes
FIND YOUR DESTINY.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: NathanielEveristI have to call the police on a regular basis, I see lots of people consuming illegal substances around the festivals, markets, gatherings and such that I frequent. It's no uncommon to see somebody smoking a marijuana cigarette (also known as a "joint") at occasions where there is spinning, so of course I have to call the police, eventually I just put the number in my phone. I can also take photos of people on my camera phone for evidence when the police arrive.

Just doing the right thing, no need to thank me guys. smile

OMG - are you serious?
Don't ever come to a UK spinning/juggling festiaval/weekly meet, I think you might pass out...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bek66Future Mrs Pogo
4,728 posts

Posted:
Geez, no kidding!!! I think someone has picked the wrong hobby to be the local narc!!! The one time that you'd have a pack of very irate hippies on your hands.

And speaking of irate...I think I'd be a bit ticked off if I ordered something, paid for it, and was then told that they didn't have it. I don't do fast food, but I think this woman was completely justified in acting the way she did. The best thing she could have done, tho, is to go inside and ask to see the manager. There is no reason why she should not have been given a full refund and offered a free meal, too. Sounds like an incompetent, lazy idiot probably took her order.

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire...it extinguishes the small, enkindles the great."
--Comte Debussy-Rebutin

V_RegalGOLD Member
Lost in the Lights
101 posts

Posted:
I don't know if I want to go tot he UK anymore... =P

I have bad experience with druggies. I'd probably end up setting a few of them on fire for really annoying me.

Risen from the Ashes
FIND YOUR DESTINY.

MikefromGlosSILVER Member
Hitman
985 posts

Posted:
there are alot of us uk hippy fire spinners tbf

he he i am mike the amazing gloscircus person who is mike.

Officaly an exception to the Poi Boys are Girls Thing

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Check me out and my thread de-railment wink

Though I suppose you could argue "pointless wasting of police time" is the thread topic tongue2

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
I think calling the police 3 times was fairly extreme - however, I'd certainly have agreed with getting a bunch of witnesses and taking sueing them - I'm sure her statutory consumer rights must have been contravened.

And yet again, another reason I wouldn't go to McDonalds

maybe we need a 'pot smoking and spinners' thread

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
For the record, yeah, I was joking. If I had something against pot smokers, I'm probably going to the wrong festivals.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
hahahahahah that post by NathanielEverist was a classic btw, cracked me right up before fatty banned him from UK (go toast...) wink!!!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

MRCSILVER Member
Funky Blessings Daily
215 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: PeleSorry but I think she was valid in calling the police, but not 911.

They effectively stole her money and she had the right to call the police to help solve the dispute.
However, over there 911 isn't for such events (I say that because here in smalltown USA, it is).

I wouldn't have gone that route and told them to give me something else but hey, I don't eat at those crap places anyway.
I tend to agree. It sounds blatantly illegal to have some one pay for something you're not going to give them.

I remember hearing the Baltimore area was trying to promote 311 as a non-emergency number.

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
4,696 posts

Posted:
yesterday i discovered the difibrilators in my placement all say "dial 911".... not the most useful advice in australia.....

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Mr Majestikyesterday i discovered the difibrilators in my placement all say "dial 911".... not the most useful advice in australia.....

That's damn slack of the crew in your placement, MM, not to have amended that.
(Explanatory note.. the emergency number here is 000. IN UK it's 999.)

Which segues to another amusing anecdote

Omigod also on that page is a link to this little classic...

Art Fail!

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
You do get through to 000 if you dial 911, though. I guess its for touros.

hug

Page: