spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
Hello!

I'm going travelling in a few months and need to get travel insurance that wont cost the earth but will cover me for adventure sports and if i injure myself fire performing. Can anybody reccomend any companies that offer this type of cver or give me any advice?

Thanks in advance

peace and hugs

smile

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
hm.. i dont really know anything that will cover you for those specific things.. but going to your local STA travel agent, they should be able to help you out, theyre pretty used to dealing with young adventurous types smile

best of luck!

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
depending on how long you are going for, try gotravel online insurance, they are pretty cheap for cover under (i think) around 40-60 days. Hope this helps smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
'sup Stace? hug

There's loads of adverts for these compaines on the underground. I think that columbus are one who seem quite good.

Try them, if not, just keep an eye out when on t'Underground.

spaceySILVER Member
mischeivious pixie
291 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the advice guys :-)

"I dont want no fatty bumbum, i want a lean mean shagging machine" anon

"I'm sweet and wholesome with a little bit of filth thrown in"

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I think your unlikely to get anyone to cover you for fire performing since they will assume its an added continuous risk. Insurance companis make their money from the fact that prob only about 1/10 people require a claim, so with you saying you'll be fire performing aswell to them it's like saying I will be swimming with sharks every day with a steak in my pants

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Which I wouldnt recommend

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
My philosophy for travel insurance is that it should patch you up and send you home if you're about to drop dead. I've got mine through insure and go but have never made a claim so don't know how good it actually is. most stuff seems to be covered, and what isn't is easily added.

If you're actually performing then you'd need international liability insurance which'll cost a packet. But if you're actually performing then the venue should have all the appropriate insurance. If you're just fire spinning then nothing will actually state that as being covered, but conversely it probably doesn't state that as been excluded so you're fine.