Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Common Ground '08, - PLEASE Keep discussion in the '09 thread! :)

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Welcome the the 2008 Common Ground Thread!

***SOLD OUT***

DO NOT TRANSFER ANY MONEY INTO OUR ACCOUNT USING DETAILS SOURCED FROM PEOPLE OTHER THAN US and think that that somehow qualifies you for a ticket after the sellout announcement!

We are going to begin returning payments made in this way. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but please please respect our limits -we have provided the max number we can have for the event.

------------

*ROLL UP* *ROLL UP*

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE !

Please email [email]common-ground2006athotmail.com[/email] to request ticket numbers.

Early bird tickets avaliable till end of Aug or until sold out - $30
Not so early bird - $40 till end of September or until sold out
Didn't sort it out at all on the door tickets - $50 (only if available)

The dates for this years Common Ground are

Friday 3th of October to Monday 6th of October

For those living in states who celebrate Labour Day it falls on the 6th this year - which means an extra day to spend in the beautiful Adelaide hills. W00t

More soon......

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1241998294)

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
YAY!
HOP - solver of homework problems!
CG - brings together people from all walks of life, and subjects.

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
Yes it's true. Nat... is a monkey.

Does anyone hab space in their vehicle for the transporting of a Perthling?

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Hi All,

The site is coming together quite quickly now! smile

If you are interested in catching a taxi from newton or paradise bus interchange, because you have been unable to sort out any other way of getting to the site you can do this by calling one from Newton Shopping Centre which is open from 9-7 every night, and there is also a pay phone outside for after hours if you dont have a mobile.

The easiest way is to tell em you are at bus stop (note the number of the stop you get out of) and the road. The bus driver will be very helpful if you ask. Really organised people call the taxi when they get on the bus, so as to have it waiting when they get off the bus.

A taxi number to use is;

Suburban Taxis
13 1008

where you are going is on Institute Rd Montacute (around 5-10minutes drive from Newton, 10-15 minutes from Paradise).

This is very easy, and once you are at CG you will easily be able to arrange a lift back to paradise to catch your flight home. There will be a noticeboard where you can write up where you want a lift to and when you want it.

Ok - I have to go.

Excitement...GROWING!

PS Rouge, you wont be the only one studying at CG frown
EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1222849111)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wave

so...is it just me, or is the bus website hard to decipher?? confused2 my plane gets in around 11am...but the website hurts my brain & i can't work out when i can get a bus to paradise & then one to newton... i can't believe i'm going to say this, but i think the translink (qld public transport site) is easier to work! eek laugh3

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that info Josh smile

See you all Friday afternoon!

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: gitawave

so...is it just me, or is the bus website hard to decipher?? confused2 my plane gets in around 11am...but the website hurts my brain & i can't work out when i can get a bus to paradise & then one to newton... i can't believe i'm going to say this, but i think the translink (qld public transport site) is easier to work! eek laugh3

Buses come and go quite frequently from Airport to Paradise Junction. I think every 20-30 minutes.

Not sure about the Paradise -> Newton ones. I will have a look and if I can decipher it i'll let you know as I need ths info too smile

hug

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

Cosmic_Bugrandom lurker
1 post

Posted:
Buses from the airport to paradise: J1 or J2, leave every 15mins weekdays (less often after 8pm). Depart airport at:
11:20am (if you're feeling really optimistic :))
11.35am
11:50am etc
takes 39 minutes exactly apparently so...
Buses from Paradise Interchange to Newton: 178 only, run about every half hour. Depart Paradise Interchange at:
12:03 (good if caught the 11.20 from airport and bus is running unusually on time)
12:33
1:03 etc
To stop 26 Newton Shopping Centre (think that's the right stop? or somewhere thereabouts) is about 15mins.

...If you want true hell in oz timetables etc wise try travelling by public transport in Newcastle(NSW)... ick! help

May your bus travels be happy and and stress free wink

'I think it would be a good idea' -Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of western civilisation.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I am leaving now! I think I'll be stopping at Bordertown tonight and then I'll only have about 2 or 3 hours left to do Friday.

Safe travels everyone and I be seeing you tomorrow! bounce2 hug

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

natasqiaddict
489 posts

Posted:
EEEE!!! Packing now!

I'm very excited!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'm already in Adelaide wink

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Cosmic_BugBuses from the airport to paradise: J1 or J2, leave every 15mins weekdays (less often after 8pm). Depart airport at:
11:20am (if you're feeling really optimistic :))
11.35am
11:50am etc
takes 39 minutes exactly apparently so...
Buses from Paradise Interchange to Newton: 178 only, run about every half hour. Depart Paradise Interchange at:
12:03 (good if caught the 11.20 from airport and bus is running unusually on time)
12:33
1:03 etc
To stop 26 Newton Shopping Centre (think that's the right stop? or somewhere thereabouts) is about 15mins.

...If you want true hell in oz timetables etc wise try travelling by public transport in Newcastle(NSW)... ick! help

May your bus travels be happy and and stress free wink

thanks SO much cosmic bug!! hug YOU ROCK!! clap i must find you when i get there & thank you in person!!! grin

i am packing now! *squee* see you all TOMORROW! wooh! bounce2

hannahfaerieplaying in the mud but looking for the sparkle
35 posts

Posted:
I'm packing too! We have been carless for the last few months and have borrowed my mum's hatchback. I don't think it has ever been so full but everything fits. Kinda:)

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
i am so over the baggage limit...luckily i'm flying two airlines...one i'm over & one i'm under!! laugh3

can't wait to get there tomorrow!!! grin bounce2 bounce2 bounce2

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ahh.. im ever so slightly jealous that all of you get to see each other today.. im here in cloudy kong hong waiting for my flight at 11:30 this evening.. but its gona be awesome to rock up to a field full of you all tomorow morning! bounce2

see you then kids! :bounce2:

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
YAY for common ground! Thank you everyone for such a gorgeous weekend. I had to leave the festival super early to be home in time for starting a new role at work today, so I missed out on the renegade show and probably lots more cuddles and lovely moments. Thank you so much to Josh and Kate and all the other crew that worked so hard to make CG one of the highlights of the year.

It was so nice reconnecting with people I hadn't seen for such a long time. The community show was wonderful, as it is every year. I always love overhearing the crowds reactions. Did anyone get footage of the renegade show? I'd love to see what shenanigans people got up to. Looking forward to seeing everyone's photos too, it's nice reliving it once i'm back in old melbourne town.

Big hugs to all the people I didn't get to say goodbye to as well, with the time difference between adelaide and melbourne and factoring in daylight savings too, i only found out the correct time when i had to rush to the airport.

361 days to go till CG09?

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Thankyou Josh and Kate for putting on yet another amazing Common Ground. And thanks to everyone for making my birthday so special. I had such a wonderful time!

Looking forward to seeing all the photos, like usual I didn't take enough of them!

Oh and can anyone tell me the tracks that were playing for Drew's juggling routines on the Saturday night show? I can't remember which one I'm after but I remember loving both songs so if you know what they both were then that would be awesome!

- Steph x

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Circus MidgetSILVER Member
45 posts

Posted:
I'm back in Perth now, it was lovely to have a hot shower. grin

I'm all high on good feelings and will be for a while to come.

I love EVERYONE!

*MWAH*

-Mikey

"It was me! I was the turkey all along!"

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I still haven't had a shower...I went straight to work! laugh3 laugh3 laugh3

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Finally home. Thanks everyone (especially Josh & Kate) for the wonderful weekend!

- Joel "Lemons? Om nom nom nom"

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Wow... that was truly great... thankyou very much to all who played with me... and all those who didn't, please come play next year!

I would've liked to have gotten to know people a lot more, but since it was breaking my isolation from other manipulators I kinda got caught up in poi, juggling, fire eating, double staves, contact juggling so I couldn't get around to having a good old chat with anyone as when I stepped away from doing poi or whatever else I was in a poi daze...

"Conversation? What? Can't I communicate by using poi?"

I saw a few tripods set up for the renegade show... if someone happened to tape all of it, I'd love a copy of even just my performance... I've still got no clue what I did (That wasn't even close to what I had planned) and would love to see how my first ever performance went as well as working out what I need to work on and such things...

I especially look forward to seeing all the Melbournians at the Sunday fire twirling through the summer.

hug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
mm...actual bed...& ability to wear just ONE layer of not too thick clothing again! WOOH!! grin laugh3 yeah...it was still around 28 degrees when i got home to brisvegas last night... eek

thanks josh & kate for a most enjoyable weekend!! hug

i think i'm going to go shower now...i will get to sorting through my photos today hopefully...i also have to do all that other unpacking from camping stuff today...i took over 1000 photos on the weekend!!! eek this may take a while & there will certainly be a lot of deleting going on!! grin

also - thanks to joel (misguided oracle) who provided the gaffer tape for my GAFFER BOOT OF DOOOOOOOOM! grin the gaffer boot of doom met it's end at common ground & i had to leave them behind... laugh3

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Beth just in case you didn't get my message in your intro thread i shall repeat myself.... nananananananananananananananananana

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: gita
also - thanks to joel (misguided oracle) who provided the gaffer tape for my GAFFER BOOT OF DOOOOOOOOM! grin the gaffer boot of doom met it's end at common ground & i had to leave them behind... laugh3
I saw that pair of boots in the trash. Was soooo tempted to bring them back to brisbane and return it to you tongue2 hahahahha

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
and just to cap off a perfect weekend, i scored an exit row window seat for the flight home smile

thanx to all for much hugs, sun, less pants, and RAAAAAAAGEEEE!

Quote:Oh and can anyone tell me the tracks that were playing for Drew's juggling routines on the Saturday night show?

youll have to get in touch with Drew - im afraid my running order sheet disappeared in a haze of ginger wine after the show.

I think there were 2 cameras running for the entire show (i vaguely remember someone mentioned a 3rd but it eludes me as to who it was) - i think someone was going to chop them together.

peace out peace hug2

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: GitasGuyBeth just in case you didn't get my message in your intro thread i shall repeat myself.... nananananananananananananananananana

Can people please witness this blatant abuse I receive from my father? It's no wonder I'm such a headcase with a father like that!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey dudes, i had a tripod up during teh renegade but stopped taking pics during the prep for the apeshit show. my bum is still sore from hip thrusting thru the weekend.

Big props for Josh, Kate and the rest of the CG crew/Montecute community who pulled off a *massive* effort in putting this event on. It's wasn't just a re-run, there were significant improvements:
Pete's backhot showersa pretty new music stagemega chill space upgradeice sofas of doom™heaps of sets playing Twisted releases/Infected classicsmega renegade show chaos and the gratuitous heckler partyPete's pants - or lack of.Aweasome new vego food/drink choicesheeps of recycling.

It was a really social flavour this year and there was a ridiculous amount of skills and toys at play in front of the chill space throughout the fest.

best.common.ground.ever!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

GitasGuyPooh-Bah
2,303 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: Rouge DragonOriginally Posted By: GitasGuyBeth just in case you didn't get my message in your intro thread i shall repeat myself.... nananananananananananananananananana

Can people please witness this blatant abuse I receive from my father? It's no wonder I'm such a headcase with a father like that!

Suck it up princess. If you'd learn from my example you'd be a pillar of society and a credit to your parents... laugh3

:admires giant wooden aeroplane: Its about time trees were good for something, instead of just standing their like jerks!!! ubblol ubbtickled

Homer rocks!!!! ubblol ubbrollsmile

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
If I learn from your pillar of an example, society will fall like the US economy nana

MokaGOLD Member
is a medium/large scary man
420 posts

Posted:
Thanks Josh, Kate and the rest of the Crew for the great weekend! 'twas awesome!

Really looking forward to having photos and videos posted of the performances (if you can really call renegade that... lol)

An awesome CG!!! 360days until next years!

Contact juggling was invented by dung beetles.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
the kids were awesome. preparing smoothies and twirling toys - props to lil anne for her club juggling act in the public show!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Page: ...