logansrunstranger
12 posts

Posted:
I just got back from a week in Phi Phi Island in Thailand. And was amazed to see the home made staffs used in their almost nightly fire shows. Made with rope, wire and small light metal pipes they were mainly wick and maybe 15cm of grip.

I really dug using them and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get almost full wick staff's?

Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
https://www.salza.se/product.php?p=136

Quick enough response? tongue2

hug

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
lol -I used those crazy sticks in Thailand a year or so ago. only time in the last 5 years of spinning where I actually burned myself. Unless you go super quick, they are really really too hot. but they look fantastic!

MNS, those sticks you linked to are fairly safe by Thai standards...

EDITED_BY: Pyrolific (1235601363)

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

logansrunstranger
12 posts

Posted:
Yeah I have some footage of me attempting to use them on youtube but yeah they are hot hot sticks... Thanks for the link Mother Natures Son is cool stick (and super fast reply) will get it, but also looking for longer wick.... the search continues.

Mother_Natures_SonSILVER Member
Rampant whirler.
2,418 posts

Posted:
Beyond the salza products I dare say that it becomes less safe faster than it becomes more impressive.

And as Pyrolific said, you'd have to go quickly to not get burnt... More speed, less control!

I know I'd rather see speed variation and some slick moves rather than the fastest twirling one can muster but then again, I do poi so what do I know?

hug

logansrunstranger
12 posts

Posted:
IS all good I just like the buzz of using them I agree with more moves and speed variations myself as well.... But I am gonna be working on Phi Phi for a while doing some fire staff stuff so thought my own safer stick is better than using locally made (small width metal poles, rope and wire. Needing to be rebent into straight shafts again after each twirl.) sticks.