Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

SlightlySingedGOLD Member
82 posts

Posted:
EW! :holds nose and puts a respectable distance between himself and bender:

I love teaching - I used to sit in the library at Swinburne Uni and teach classmates maths and computer programming. Plus I love doing and learning Poi, so I just want everyone to do it and have as much fun as I do!! Plus it's cool knowing that I'm still a beginner, but I've come far enough to be able to teach newbies Carly Alice and I are hopelessly addicted - we'll all be doing it for years and years...

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

82 posts

Posted:
Plus we're getting all our friends to do it - there a few more that couldn't come last night that have been doing it too. We're all hippies at heart, aren't we?!

(the motorbike is running really well - it's been in and out of the mechanics for the past month - really, really frustrating... if there was ever a reason i'd stop riding and get a car, it'd be because it's so painful when they break down...)

I do poi nearly every day. But it's not like I'm addicted or anything. I mean, sure, I am always conscious of exactly where my poi are at all times, but I'm not obsessed. um.. Anyone have the number for Poi-ers Anon?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey dave,
it's kinda like buffy where you're the Big Bad vamp that sires all the other vamps!
:pulls collar up to cover neck:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

82 posts

Posted:
I vont to light your poi muhaha

Fear not dude, at the moment I'm only going for female necks They taste better after a little cooking hahaha

[ 10. September 2003, 17:31: Message edited by: SlightlySinged ]

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:
Hello Slightlysinged, Hay Bender, it was great playing with you guys on Wed, he he so much firey goodness. I'm looking forward to next week. - In case you guys are interested, I said I'd teach Flynt some fire eating, happy to share the lov if you guy's are interested. Bender - I'm making up a set of fire swords at the moment that I think you might like to play with - no hooks but about a metre long blade - wont be finished for about a month tho cos I got to use a friends workshop to do the Lathwork & welding. Never saw your new three sectional (I've got a light weight one you might like to try - less concussional than Hurty.) My brain Hurts from stupid work, home soon yay, Catch ya later Guys.

P.s. How do you attach stuff like vampire gifs, are you just linking an image from somewhere else or are you actually posting it yourselves - Me no get but it's cool and I wanna be able to do it.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
yay! wither there are worms on my tongue or I am waiting for next wednesday twirling with baited breath

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Worms on your tounge, excrement on your back....

Such strange body adornments

So much fire, so little body hair...

82 posts

Posted:
You can link to an image on another web site, so I just went looking for a Vampire graemlin that I could "borrow".

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
oh dear goodness me gosh my

*shrug*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

6,978 posts

Posted:
you have my belssing to use my website's bandwidth for vamp icon hijinx
->

Non-Https Image Link
<-

use this:
code:

82 posts

Posted:
hahahaha Nice signature, Flynt!! Captain Hindsight. So great of him to explain you're being a fool AFTER the fact

Bender, your vamp is heaps cooler

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Cheers Mr SingedSir!

Attention all Melburpian Fire HoPees! For those of you who were interested in learning to fire eat, Tyr has most generously offered for this weds night to teach us to stick burning objects in our cake holes, and I am most happy to confirm this will be going ahead as last night, I finished construction on a very nice set of fire Fingers! (10 in total) so YAY! bring your flame retardant tonsils, one and all, and have a go!

xoxoxxoxo cant wait for tomorrow!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Bump

Hi guys, just thought I would let U know that jugimcos has posted some great links to Anna Jillings snake move descriptions, in the Club/torch swinging thread in Other Toys

[ 19. July 2003, 14:24: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Yay for burning tonsils, you are a most excellent student miss Flynt. It is insane but I on the topic discussed the week before last - I shall amend to say that fire eating followed by a fire breath is quite possible; I think I have found a safe (as safe as they get anyway) fuel to do it with. (Note: anyone reading this who wants to try - DON'T; with the wrong fuel you can have head-explodie; with the right fuel you just slowly poison yourself to death).
Anyway - yes quite do-able just not recommended for happy health.
Had heaps of fun wed anyway, Bender, I noticed you have a really nice overhead turn flourish with doubles. I can't figure out if it's something I know that just looks different with short staves or if you have a move I have to steal off you. I think it's just you nasty (burn me lots) short staves - but it looks excellent either way.
Flynt, there is a poi move you have to show me that I think I saw you do the other day (kind of weave buzz-saw that moves around the body, moving underarms); you and cute poi girl (Sorry I've forgotten your name cos I suck) have 'Poi' inspired me again. Poi Girl, were you doing leg tuck turns with a wrap or was it an optical illusion? Looked gorgeous either way, you're excellent at the 'hippie dancie crap' as I think you teacher called it. Fluidity is what makes for good firie people (both poi and staff), and is what I severely lack in poi.
Cheers firie people, catch ya all next wed.

P.s. The Sunday twirling spot is still in the park just next to Luna Park is it not? I'm hoping to come & play if life’s not too crazy that day.

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
i think that cute poi girl you are referring to is probably Carmen, and she's totally amazing isnt she?

and i think the move she was doing was probably a reverse leg tuck... errrr... i'm sure she'll show you on weds night! she's lovely!

6,978 posts

Posted:
erm carmen ain't lovely cus lovely ain't lovely enough
unfortunately she's not a forum addict like us so she generally won't be the wiser if i go on about how cute she is...
unless she's tipped off, of course.
Tyr, I probably would want to steal a photo (jpg or otherwise) to add to my firey family page cus i seem to have left ye out.. :smaks self:

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Sure Bender me luv, you can steel one from the website, but they're all the boring safe workie ones. I should have some new fun ones soon...hang on, I've got just the one to give you. I'll email it to ya as soon and I can remember where I put it. Stuff spread out over too many dame computers(Mine should be happy again soon and they there shall be much fun). Thank you soooo much for the 'fire be good' special bender collection. Have had much fun watching. Lots of poi inspiration but not too much on the staff frount (drewandstaff aside...and dame the canadian chick who can do a 360 contact neck spin, flip in the air with her head, neck catch and do a 360 spin out... I tried for 1 minute and a half and it didn't work...I think she's using super glue. )
I managed to figure out a d-staff varient of an isolation move Flynt showed me on sunday (Thanks Flynt ). Haven't got it compleatly figured yet, but me thinks there is much fun to be had. Yay for new stuff.
Catch ya all on Wed

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Helllooooo from Byron Bay! Hope all you lovely people's are dodging the rain enough to spin!
Been all around the North coast of NSW, looking for work, and deicided to settle in Byron for a while...well who can blame me!
Big hugs to you guys-miss you sooooo much!!! Hope all's well and Bendy hope you're arms all good!
Just got offered a job twirling with a new circus on the Gold Coast. Not sure if I'll take it yet but I'll keep you posted.
Take care all!!
XXOO

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

6,978 posts

Posted:
great to hear from yoo, tjoni! you'd make many happy if you took up the cicus twirlage! pleeze check your pms mate!

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi tjoni, Byron sounds wonderful after a cold wet week in Melb, Grrrrrrr.

Did anyone go Wed night? It seemed a bit damp for me, so I checked out JuggleJam instead. Nice dry space with lots of room and a high ceiling. Had a practice, and saw some good stuff including six ball, four ball, double diablo, lots clubs and some novel three ball tricks. Cost three bucks, and they are poi friendly.

JuggleJam is on Wed nights 8-10pm at 304 Gore St., Fitzroy

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
wednesday is gunna be brassmonkeyless now

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
the rain hates us
Why rain? Why Doth Thou Mock Us So??

(oh man, i just killed old english)

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

6,978 posts

Posted:
even if we develop rain-proof fire, we'll still have to have rain-proof olde english!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
eep! lets hope that never happens...

Bender lovely, i need to get your sig on the HoP international tshirts. let me know when you are free sometime ok???

Also! any other recently signed up HoPpers currently in melbourne, give me a hoy, and we'll get your sig on them too, i have to post them SOON! xoxoxoxx

I miss brassmonkey...

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey man wanna meet at juggleart? i'm planning on using crap weather time to produce the nect stack of edinburgh flyers and pass 'em off to the loverly peeps at Smith St....

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
ermmmmm when-ness?
and it is particularaly crap weather tonight. Do you think anyone will show up?? I'll probably be there if it isnt pouring with rain...

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Ditto Flynt ~ 9:00 p

carmenbellemember
2 posts

Posted:
hey guys
here I am! flynt assisted me in becoming no. 5400.
Tjoni and Ivan I miss you
love carmen

besame

6,978 posts

Posted:
time travelling is wierd!

ElvenStarmember
10 posts

Posted:
Hello Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls,
Dragonic is back but in disguise.
(and can't spell)
yes folks it is i......ElvenStar.
and then you see the fine print underneath about merchandice and copyrights....etc,etc,etc.
hee hee hee hee.
anywyas just saying hello, to evyone. well
BYE

Budda-bing,Budda-boom.

Page: ......